Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Indian immigrants soon to outnumber Chinese

Indian immigrants soon to outnumber Chinese

Old Oct 20th 2006, 8:48 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian immigrants soon to outnumber Chinese

Originally Posted by kt0157
I never see anyone wearing a veil.
I see this every work day. It's not at all remarkable to see veils on the tram.
I once sat next to a woman wearing one on an aeroplane, I was interested to see how she would eat but, alas, I fell asleep.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I once sat next to a woman wearing one on an aeroplane, I was interested to see how she would eat but, alas, I fell asleep.
Can't say I'm particularly bothered by it all. But then I'm not deaf and trying to lip read.

I did see an interview on News 24 with said Ms. Veilwearer where she was asked whether she wore the veil to her interview and replied "Do I have to answer all the questions?" I think we're yet again being manipulated by the media and politicians into irrational hatred.

K.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 8:58 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Tip forward slightly and put the food up to mouth. Most veiled woman will not eat in the presence of a man with eating implements. Hand held foods discreetly brought under the veil are OK. I wore a veil for an ex boyfriend when I was younger, as his brother was getting married and they were all very traditional Muslims (well except for the one I was with). Played bloody havoc with my pint of Guinness I can tell you.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 9:03 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd be quite happy for my sister-in-law to become a strict muslim. If ever someone deserved to have her face covered........
Old Oct 20th 2006, 9:04 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dingbat
Tip forward slightly and put the food up to mouth. Most veiled woman will not eat in the presence of a man with eating implements. Hand held foods discreetly brought under the veil are OK. I wore a veil for an ex boyfriend when I was younger, as his brother was getting married and they were all very traditional Muslims (well except for the one I was with). Played bloody havoc with my pint of Guinness I can tell you.
That all sounds terribly complicated, especially with airline food. (You can tell this was a while ago; when there still was airline food.)
Old Oct 20th 2006, 9:13 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
I'd be quite happy for my sister-in-law to become a strict muslim. If ever someone deserved to have her face covered........
PMSL....
Old Oct 20th 2006, 11:17 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CamdenTowner
Refresh me what Canadian culture the Chinese are smothering?
I'm waiting too.... though what is Un-Canadian about Chinese lookin' and soundin' and actin' people in Vancouver? That's plenty Canadian.

I'm starting to think AnnetteM's beef is really with BC Transit.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 12:05 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas

I'm starting to think AnnetteM's beef is really with BC Transit.
The whisky is going to my head..... I read that as ..... "Annette McBeef is really with BC Transit"

.......and I was wondering how you came to that conclusion

(and if that was really her name .... Sorry Annette, take no notice of me )
Old Oct 21st 2006, 2:50 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morwenna
The whisky is going to my head..... I read that as ..... "Annette McBeef is really with BC Transit"

.......and I was wondering how you came to that conclusion

(and if that was really her name .... Sorry Annette, take no notice of me )

Have several more whiskies Morwenna. It is Friday night, you deserve it.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute

Racism on this thread? Bloody Nonsense. All you politically-correct critics need to give your heads a good shake. You ain't seen racism. You don't even know the meaning of the word. Annette makes an innocent, actually quite humorous comment, and some of you are ready to pounce.

Really pathetic!

Last edited by montreal mike; Oct 21st 2006 at 2:55 am.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 3:00 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montreal mike
Racism on this thread? Bloody Nonsense. All you politically-correct critics need to give your heads a good shake. You ain't seen racism. You don't even know the meaning of the word. Annette makes an innocent, actually quite humorous comment, and some of you are ready to pounce.

Really pathetic!
Sorry, didn't get the humour. My fault, no doubt.

Just it seemed that she thinks Canada should be British.

That's not racist, just bigoted, of course.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute

to those of you, who delude yourselves into thinking they know what the word means, well if might just help your education if you read this which explains what is it all about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism#...ions_of_racism
Old Oct 21st 2006, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Sorry, didn't get the humour. My fault, no doubt.

Just it seemed that she thinks Canada should be British.

That's not racist, just bigoted, of course.
My comment actually was not aimed at you Novo.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 3:06 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by montreal mike
My comment actually was not aimed at you Novo.
Well, that's a relief. Who, then?
Old Oct 21st 2006, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Well, that's a relief. Who, then?
Do I have to spell it out? Just go through the names from the very beginning. They are easy to spot. I will list them if you wish. I am not shy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.