Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Important stuff to take while moving ??

Important stuff to take while moving ??

Old Sep 24th 2008, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

nooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Important stuff to take while moving ??

I agree, we were amazed at the value of what we brought (and the insurance cost). I would not have liked to replace so much, apart from the hassle of finding out where to buy things etc, we didn't have a vast amount of time on arrival, and many things to do. We had to wait a month or so for our stuff to arrive, and survived on very little for that while, but boy it was nice to get all of us stuff - suddenly the apartment became home. I think it really helped us all to settle.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Simon and Susanne will become famous soon enoughSimon and Susanne will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Important stuff to take while moving ??

Originally Posted by pammiej
We brought both beds over no problems although the removal company packed them so I don't know if that makes a difference. We also brought over all our garden furniture, tools etc even though the regulations say they need to be treated etc - the removal company just required us to wash everything down before they packed and stacked them.
Hi Pammiej
Thanks for the reply, daft question were the matresses brand new? also were you asked when you landed or signed for your container?

Many thanks

Simon