Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

IMM 5292 - what does it look like?

IMM 5292 - what does it look like?

Old Jan 30th 2010, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IMM 5292 - what does it look like?

Yeah, I went ahead and applied without attaching the carbon copy sheet - I'd thrown it out yonks ago as it was unreadable and was never told to hang onto it. When i turned up to do the citizenship test I was asked to complete a form stating why I didn't have it. No problems at all.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

allie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JAJ
Thanks - I definitely never got this...
Old Feb 1st 2010, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

allie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TrishB
Yeah, I went ahead and applied without attaching the carbon copy sheet - I'd thrown it out yonks ago as it was unreadable and was never told to hang onto it. When i turned up to do the citizenship test I was asked to complete a form stating why I didn't have it. No problems at all.
Awesome! I will apply tomorrow without it!
Old Feb 1st 2010, 3:30 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by allie2
All migrants after 28 June 2002 got one, with the possible exception of inland applicants. If you don't have one, you may have lost it. Or the officers made a mistake.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

glenlivet is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome! I will apply tomorrow without it!
Ally, can I ask that you let us know how you get on. PM please too, as I don't visit this forum so often now. I might just apply now for our citizenship and can always forward the duplicate copy of this stupid form if we ever get it. Still convinced we never recieved it in the first place.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

I absolutely will post what happens...
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 1:16 am
and the cat too

JulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud of

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=654925

Might be useful
Old Jun 28th 2010, 5:08 am
Just Joined

EriD is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I am in the same situation as you are (or were). Can you please let me know what you did about the confirmation of Permanent Recidence? IMM 5292? Did you get one or did you send your application without it?
PLEASE HELP!!!
Old Jun 28th 2010, 5:29 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EriD
Hi
I am in the same situation as you are (or were). Can you please let me know what you did about the confirmation of Permanent Recidence? IMM 5292? Did you get one or did you send your application without it?
PLEASE HELP!!!
Check out the advice from atlantic xpat in this thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=654925
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 11:24 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

ok, we are filling out our citizenship application forms. I have a form 5292 in my passport which mentions Flederman as spouse. He doesn't have a form in his passport and never has had. Is the same form used for both of us?

Damn stupid form with not enough room to type in the place names etc.
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 11:32 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
ok, we are filling out our citizenship application forms. I have a form 5292 in my passport which mentions Flederman as spouse. He doesn't have a form in his passport and never has had. Is the same form used for both of us?

Damn stupid form with not enough room to type in the place names etc.
We got one each. I was the main applicant, but the missus also has one of those copr thingys
Old Jul 4th 2010, 12:15 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alan2005
We got one each. I was the main applicant, but the missus also has one of those copr thingys
OK thanks, will send off for the copy of the copr.
Old Jul 4th 2010, 12:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gad33
We haven't got ours either. The application says you can write an explanation as to why you don't have forms, has anybody done this without a problem?

We are in the same boat - can't find the IMM 5292, so I calledt hem up and asked about doing just this and was told that unless we had it they would reject our application.. Not sending it in and just giving an explaination would mean they would send it back to us, ask us to fill in the forms, pay a fee and apply for a new copy.

We were sent forms to fill in (and pay a $30 fee per person) to replace it which I have done. STill waiting them turning up in the post, but they took the $180 fee from my creditcard the other day.

We landed in 2006, and def didn't have anything stapled in our passports... IF it turns out we just get a copy of the visa I will be very, very PISSED OFF as with 6 of us, it will be $180 down the drain!
Old Jul 4th 2010, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by Chookie
We are in the same boat - can't find the IMM 5292, so I calledt hem up and asked about doing just this and was told that unless we had it they would reject our application.. Not sending it in and just giving an explaination would mean they would send it back to us, ask us to fill in the forms, pay a fee and apply for a new copy.

We were sent forms to fill in (and pay a $30 fee per person) to replace it which I have done. STill waiting them turning up in the post, but they took the $180 fee from my creditcard the other day.

We landed in 2006, and def didn't have anything stapled in our passports... IF it turns out we just get a copy of the visa I will be very, very PISSED OFF as with 6 of us, it will be $180 down the drain!
You don't get this when you land - you are given it in an envelope when you get your visas; and you really would definitely have had one as you cannot immigrate without it. When you do land they write some stuff on it and staple it in your passport.
Old Jul 4th 2010, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
You don't get this when you land - you are given it in an envelope when you get your visas; and you really would definitely have had one as you cannot immigrate without it. When you do land they write some stuff on it and staple it in your passport.
In that case I have no idea... all I know is that I tore the filing cabinet apart several times, found all the stuff in the immigration file and didnt find anything with remotely the right number.

We got our Visas in the passports that were picked up in person (Mr Chookie was paranoid about them getting lost in the post so he went down to London in person queued up and collected them)... I don't remember him getting anything BUT the passports at that time.

I guess we just wait for the docs to arrive in the post - hopefully it won't be too long as they have taken the money already.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.