Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

I'm not convinced any one is?

Wikiposts

I'm not convinced any one is?

Old Oct 11th 2004, 2:40 pm
Glaswegian

Default Re: I'm not convinced any one is?

Originally Posted by mkamel
They shold charge money because they will search for employers in your belhalf and will waste a huge time in searching and communication. Just my opinion I never been to Canada and I don't know any thing about the process.
Only my two cents worth, but that's what agents normally do ... they charge the company doing the recruiting, not the candidate ... but then again, the candidates are usually in Canada.

The choice is yours to make

Old Oct 11th 2004, 9:45 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

They shold charge money because they will search for employers in your belhalf and will waste a huge time in searching and communication. Just my opinion I never been to Canada and I don't know any thing about the process.

Expert advice should I go on or not do you think guys????

Regards,
Best advice is to never use a recruiter who charges you for the service. It is generally best practice that recruitment companies are paid by the company rather than the employee. I would question what this recruiter will actually do for you?

Your best option is to do some internet searching and find out those companies who recruit for your area of experience, approach them and see what happens. Your second option is to do some research, find out companies that recruit in your area and apply directly to them, sending your resume and covering letter to the person you would be working for, rather than to HR or Personnel departments.

It is possible to be offered a job this way. I have just been offered one, and the company concerned are currently going through the HRDC process for me.

HTH

Sarah
Old Oct 12th 2004, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

mkamel is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all my friends. I really appreicate that from you but, plz be aware that I'm in in Canada and I'm in EGYPT thousands of miles away and I tried all internet job search and almost all of them hinted that, I should be in Canada that is why this is the only option available for me. I'll see and will let you know what happened.

Best regards for you all,
Old Oct 12th 2004, 1:08 am
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all my friends. I really appreicate that from you but, plz be aware that I'm in in Canada and I'm in EGYPT thousands of miles away and I tried all internet job search and almost all of them hinted that, I should be in Canada that is why this is the only option available for me. I'll see and will let you know what happened.

Best regards for you all,
I'm still in the UK, not Canada. You can't get a work visa inside Canada anyway.

The way that I did it was this.

Through internet searching, I identified potential companies and recruitment companies who I approached emailing a CV and resume. I arranged a vacation in Canada where I had arranged appointments with said recruiters/ companies. Through those contacts I got the job. I haven't paid a penny for it.

Some Canadian companies will use telephone interviews for people abroad. Some will pay travel expenses to interviews in Canada. If you work hard at it, it will be just as possible for you to get a job off your own bat than paying someone who will probably rip you off anyway. Isn't it at least worth a try? You have nothing to lose after all...
Old Oct 12th 2004, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

gary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond repute

i can only tell you what my consultant told me" there is a whisper they might change the points BACK to 76" however nothing has been decied yet.

If you get your application form in beofre the past marks changes, your application will be jugded at the 67, EVEN if your apllication i being processed at the time of the change.

I am busting a gut to get them in before xmas ,(once working for local goverment) they will be more instrested in balancing theri budgets then changing policeys . The new year is the normal tim ethye try to get throught any changes in policeys , ( easy as every one is still drunk after xmas)

Just get the application as quick as poss and you should be ok

Gary
Old Oct 12th 2004, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

gary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond repute

i can only tell you what my consultant told me" there is a whisper they might change the points BACK to 76" however nothing has been decied yet.

If you get your application form in before the past marks changes, your application will be jugded at the 67, EVEN if your apllication is being processed at the time of the change.

I am busting a gut to get them in before xmas ,(once working for local goverment) they will be more instrested in balancing their budgets then changing policeys . The new year is the normal time they try to get throught any changes in policeys , ( easy as every one is still drunk after xmas)

Just get the application as quick as poss and you should be ok

Gary
Old Oct 12th 2004, 4:17 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gary123
If you get your application form in before the past marks changes, your application will be jugded at the 67, EVEN if your apllication is being processed at the time of the change.
Says who? The law as I understand it has no provision for this, and from what I have read here, legal precedent is in favour of applying the new limit to all applications at the time. We will only know when they make the change I think.

Good Luck!
Old Oct 12th 2004, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

SANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really nice

Will someone with a bit of definition please explain this to me. If the pass mark drops to 67 Sept 03 and it takes at best 16 months to get through the system (London CHC) we are still to a great extent outside the time frame of anyone who applied, post pass mark being dropped, who has actually received a VISA from the London office assuming the published time lines. If the pass mark raises to any level before 16 months, say Feb/March 05, what was the point in encouraging applicants with 67 points to apply?

Secondly if I were in Berlin it would not be 16 months - more like 12 or less. Therefore can it be said that a slow office's applicants could be deemed as being treated unfairly in the eyes of the law. European or Canadian? Surely all peoples of different countries should be able to have the same crack of the whip otherwise you will get an unbalanced immigration scenario. This might be good for Kitchener but what about the rest of Canada.

Not one person has explained this to me with sense. Hense why my Canadian Lawyer thinks it will probably not be imposed retrospectively.

Last edited by SANDRAPAUL; Oct 12th 2004 at 7:11 am.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 7:28 am
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

It would appear that this 80 points issue appears to be a scam being touted around by a few unscrupulous job search agencies out to get some money of unsuspecting punters..
Old Oct 12th 2004, 7:37 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

No one ever suggested this had anything to do with common sense or treating all applicants fairly

The points system is there for the sole purpose of allowing CIC to control the numbers of applications it has to process. Frankly they screwed up dropping it to 67, and they will soon have to do something to recover control of the situation. I personally doubt it will go up to 80, as at 75 they decided to drop it further to stimulate demand. No one will know for sure though until a change happens, so why worry about it!

My own feeling, based on the general fair behavour I have seen from the government in my time here, is that they will apply any new higher passmark only to new applications, but there is no hard evidence to support this. As I said before, no point worrying about what is outside your control. Apply now if you can and hope for the best. If you cant apply yet, do what you can to increase your potential points in future.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

SANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really nice

Originally Posted by iaink
No one ever suggested this had anything to do with common sense or treating all applicants fairly

My own feeling, based on the general fair behavour I have seen from the government in my time here, is that they will apply any new higher passmark only to new applications, but there is no hard evidence to support this. As I said before, no point worrying about what is outside your control. Apply now if you can and hope for the best. If you cant apply yet, do what you can to increase your potential points in future.
Bit of common sense here. I would think this is the sensible route without upsetting anyone. All those in in time should have a fair go at seeing the process through to the end.

For us its 7 months from File number and boy are we counting! We in fact have more than 67 but I just do not see the reasons for applying retroactively if the governement wants to encouarge imigration.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 8:09 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by SANDRAPAUL
Bit of common sense here. I would think this is the sensible route without upsetting anyone. All those in in time should have a fair go at seeing the process through to the end.

For us its 7 months from File number and boy are we counting! We in fact have more than 67 but I just do not see the reasons for applying retroactively if the governement wants to encouarge imigration.
I couldnt agree more, but there is no way to tell what will happen, or even if anything will happen. Good Luck, I bet every day drags for about a week at the moment.

All the best!

Iain
Old Oct 12th 2004, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

mkamel is an unknown quantity at this point

I went to meet the guy I told u about and it was easy quite meeting. He told me his brohter has 3 ocmpanies there in TO and will get me a job thorugh one of his companies related to my qulification as IT proffesional. He seems to have lived in Canada about 6 years and he teached IELTS and TOEFL. I went to him and gave him my bacehlor certificate, transcript, Certiifcate of expertise, MCSE, MCSA, CCNA, CCIE and CCDA. He said it will take some thing like 3-4 weeks and I'll pay 40% in advance and will make an official contract which will be notarized in a governmental authority and I have to pay the rest 60% when he hands over they contract approved from HRDC.

I felt mixed convinced and not.

God bless u all my friends.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 9:45 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

There are so many unemployed / under employed IT professionals here that unless you have exceptional skills / experience it is unlikely that you will get HRDC approval for an IT position i would think. Is this guy talking about a job on a work permit or a job offer to increase PR points? They are not the same thing at all. Still sounds very dodgy to me.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 9:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

[[/QUOTE]

Just my 2 cents......from a Canadian perspective.....I can't see how they could possibly raise the points....there has been documentary after documentary on CBC and article after article in the paper espcially the Globe and Mail, and has been for the past year or longer about how much Canada needs new immigrants for economic growth, to generate our slowing population (declining births) and to increase the number of younger people because of the aging population. In fact the minister in charge of CIC was on TV not less than a few months ago expressing these very facts to the public.

It just doesn't make sense that when Canada seems so desperate for new influx of immigrants that they would make it any harder than it already is for them to emigrate here.

Just my opinion......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.