Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

I'm new at this! Am I doing it right?

I'm new at this! Am I doing it right?

Old Jul 13th 2009, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Beck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud of
Red face I'm new at this! Am I doing it right?

Hi all!

OK this is going to sound like I have just stepped out of the dark ages but...I have just got a home phone line and so finally have the internet. As my hubby and I are hoping to emigrate to Canada I thought joining a forum may be a sensible idea as there would be lots of people who were either already in the process of emigrating or already living their new life in Canada.

The first big hurdle I have encountered is that I have no idea how to go about using the forum! Boy have I got a lot to learn. So to get to my point, I am posting this thread (?) as a bit of a test to see if I have got the hang of it. Please, if you see I have done anything wrong then reply. I can only get better, right? Don't be insulted if I don't then reply to you straight away as I may be a bit lost for a bit!
Old Jul 13th 2009, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm new at this! Am I doing it right?

Welcome to the site

Sure you will quickly get the hang of it
Old Jul 13th 2009, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paul5455 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: I'm new at this! Am I doing it right?

its all wrong wrong wrong!

only joking
very good.
where are you heading to?

and welcome!
Old Jul 13th 2009, 6:50 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum. The wiki (Click here for link to Wiki on Canada) and search function are your best best to start you off. Otherwise just post questions and someone will answer!
Old Jul 13th 2009, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Beck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud of

Hi thanks, feeling very welcome.

Ok, am I permanently on this thread now? So lost!! Will take your advice on board though.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 6:55 pm
Is it that time already

Tony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Beck77
Hi all!

OK this is going to sound like I have just stepped out of the dark ages but...I have just got a home phone line and so finally have the internet. As my hubby and I are hoping to emigrate to Canada I thought joining a forum may be a sensible idea as there would be lots of people who were either already in the process of emigrating or already living their new life in Canada.

The first big hurdle I have encountered is that I have no idea how to go about using the forum! Boy have I got a lot to learn. So to get to my point, I am posting this thread (?) as a bit of a test to see if I have got the hang of it. Please, if you see I have done anything wrong then reply. I can only get better, right? Don't be insulted if I don't then reply to you straight away as I may be a bit lost for a bit!
Watch out for Aviator, he will be all over you like a cheap suit
Old Jul 13th 2009, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Excellent! Informative and sleazy!!!

Is anyone going to an emigartion seminar in Aintree, Merseyside in Sept as would love to meet up?
Old Jul 13th 2009, 6:57 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

This is also a good place to start:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=499826
Old Jul 13th 2009, 7:01 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tony the pilot
Watch out for Aviator, he will be all over you like a cheap suit
Hey there sunshine. Don't dig yourself into another hole by badmouthing Aviator or anyone else. I would have thought you might have learned something from your last escapade ! Obviously not. If I were you I would delete that post while you still can. You are asking to get shot down at every turn if you post garbage like that.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 7:04 pm
Is it that time already

Tony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
Hey there sunshine. Don't dig yourself into another hole by badmouthing Aviator or anyone else. I would have thought you might have learned something from your last escapade ! Obviously not. If I were you I would delete that post while you still can. You are asking to get shot down at every turn if you post garbage like that.
Chill out Simon! It was a term of endearment, I think Aviator is sound chap.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Wow, it gets quite political in here doesn't it?!?

I think I am starting to get the hang of this slowly. May try the chat thingy at the top of the page. Would love to know how people are getting those little stars under their names, feel like the new worker in Mcdonalds!
Old Jul 13th 2009, 7:07 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE
This is also a good place to start:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=499826
Great advice.

Maybe if EVERYONE would take a look we could manage to improve the level of civility around here
Old Jul 13th 2009, 7:09 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, it gets quite political in here doesn't it?!?

I think I am starting to get the hang of this slowly. May try the chat thingy at the top of the page. Would love to know how people are getting those little stars under their names, feel like the new worker in Mcdonalds!
Welcome to BE; So far so good

Stars are related to the number of posts you have made, blue boxes are reputation points aka "karma" collected over time, awarded by others clicking the karma button on your posts...
Old Jul 13th 2009, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, it may take me awhile to earn those then! Why do some people have lots of info under their thread reply things?
Old Jul 13th 2009, 7:15 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all!

Welcome to BritishExpats.

It is a great forum to be on. I joined several years ago when I applied for permanent residence and finally I am due to recieve it in the next couple of weeks.

During this long time the forum has been a great source of information, advice and many wonderful laughs and intellectual debates.

It is exactly the place to be if you have questions about any stage of the process or want more information about Canada from an immigrant perspective.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.