Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

I'm going home, i've done my time!!

I'm going home, i've done my time!!

Old Feb 17th 2011, 5:28 pm

zRichi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I'm going home, i've done my time!!

Originally Posted by dbd33
I said nothing about meth. The consumption of crystal meth is no more a desirable trait in an immigrant than is autism. Both will cost the country money. Habits that contribute to tax revenues are however highly desirable characteristics.
Great
You're education in the humanities is excellent. Why not put them in big chambers filled with cyanide gas, their weight on the tax revenues is far too much.

I won't bother to point out the jobs that are created because of autism, which are funded by taxes, which then get spent back into the economy as doctors/nurses get the money and spend it on cars, books etc. ...but then why would i? You obviously failed your education in the Humanities, why would you pass economics?

I shan't discuss anything further with you however. I just clicked on your profile and read all your latest posts and it reads like a bitter Victor Mildrews valley of where dreams go to die. Good luck with that

Last edited by zRichi; Feb 17th 2011 at 5:31 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

brizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mancunian.com
Perhaps when you return, Britain will be seen through fresh eyes. You may reconsider your views on the shortcomings of Canada. I remember reading the stats of returning 10 pound migrants from Australia in the sixties. When they arrived home and compared what they had in Aussie with their "new vision" of Britain 80% wanted to return to Aussie.

I have not read of your historical dissapointments and they are possibly justified. But ones memory of "great" Britain is a little sentimental. I understand you have an autistic son like us. That is a massive problem anywhere and can depend where he is on the spectrum As for teachers not knowing about Aspergers etc! I am a retired teacher from England and my 5th son, eight years old now, (third marriage) is autistic. I had heard vaguely about autism and never heard about Aspergers -just like your Canadian teacher. If you had your child at the grammar school where I taught I would similarly have seemed dim. So why give that as acharacteristic of Canadian teachers. What did you know about ASD before your son was diagnosed?

I think I can say that if one feels homesick one sees things differently. I migrated to NZ and Aussie and returned to the UK. 30 years ago I came back to the sunshine and had a changed attitude.

I constantly am amazed at the way England has stuck to the class system.The two leaders of the coalition born with silver spoons and have private, elite educations. Here in Aussie our Prime Ministere was born in the Welsh valleys and migrated here with her coal miner dad. Worked hard at school and became a lawyer. Joined the Labour party and worked her way up the political ladder. I attended Cameron's university so I'm not talking envy.

I am eighty, married with three young kids. We live in a modern house on our 50 acre property, have all the consumer toys and have a duplex in the city. All owned! We have 2 near-new cars. And yet I qualify for a full age pension and can afford holidays abroad. If I lived in England I would be in poverty street. The UK wealth is concentrated in the hands of the few. It used to be that 10% owned 90% and I doubt that has changed much. I love most people in the UK - even the aristos who, personally, are usually very nice. But the system, contrary to some popular belief, is stuck in pomposity, titles, ceremony and mostly covert class consciousness.

Maybe that will be more obvious when you return. If you go to Surrey I can introduce you to a friend with a school dedicated to ASD. She has an autistic son too. When she discovered that the local education system was inadequate she formed a group to better things. Could not you have done this in Canada?

Mancunian.
When was the last time you lived in the UK? 1950's ? A lot has changed since then. Do you not think that 10% of the people own 90% of the wealth in North America too?

BTW, are you really eighty and have 3 young kids
Old Feb 17th 2011, 5:34 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zRichi
I hope, god forbid, you or someone you love isn't struck with a perceived flaw that is the uglier side of social darwinism. It would probably give you some perspective though.
Then some mean-spirited, spurious person on the internet can then liken you/your loved one to a chain smoking meth head.
It worked then - now just to see how long before the ace comes out
Old Feb 17th 2011, 5:36 pm
Account Closed

eyeoftheocean is an unknown quantity at this point

Great
You're education in the humanities is excellent. Why not put them in big chambers filled with cyanide gas, their weight on the tax revenues is far too much.

I won't bother to point out the jobs that are created because of autism, which are funded by taxes, which then get spent back into the economy as doctors/nurses get the money and spend it on cars, books etc. ...but then why would i? You obviously failed your education in the Humanities, why would you pass economics?

I shan't discuss anything further with you however. I just clicked on your profile and read all your latest posts and it reads like a bitter Victor Mildrews valley of where dreams go to die. Good luck with that
I like Victor Mildrew
Old Feb 17th 2011, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

brizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to behold

I don't see why. Countries generally pick and choose immigrants based on their potential benefit to the country. The presence of an autistic person cannot be of benefit and will be a financial drain. Even in Canada, where support for people with autism in minimal, the drain on the public purse will still be in the order of $1,000 a month for the duration of that person's life. It'd be better to choose chain smoking alcoholics as immigrants.
Lovely comment. Generally, the principal immigrant is the one granted residency based on their potential benefit to the country, but having the right to bring your family with you is a more fundamental human right.

If Canada is so damn picky, the why do they have one of the highest rates of immigration in the western world. Why are they one of the few countries that allow the wholesale immigration of the wider family unit (i.e. grandparents). Your telling me that the immigration of ten's of thousands of eldferly parents of immigrants isn't a drain on healthcare??
Old Feb 17th 2011, 5:40 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brizzle
When was the last time you lived in the UK? 1950's ? A lot has changed since then. Do you not think that 10% of the people own 90% of the wealth in North America too?

BTW, are you really eighty and have 3 young kids
I'm impressed he had a kid at 72.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 5:51 pm

zRichi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
It worked then - now just to see how long before the ace comes out
Sorry to disappoint but last one of the night: off to gym, reggae restaurant then a nightclub. Real life calling and all that.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:00 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Lovely comment. Generally, the principal immigrant is the one granted residency based on their potential benefit to the country, but having the right to bring your family with you is a more fundamental human right.

If Canada is so damn picky, the why do they have one of the highest rates of immigration in the western world. Why are they one of the few countries that allow the wholesale immigration of the wider family unit (i.e. grandparents). Your telling me that the immigration of ten's of thousands of eldferly parents of immigrants isn't a drain on healthcare??
Are they changing that now?? I read something recently but can't remember the details apart from a quote about getting a coffin sooner than PR.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:03 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to disappoint but last one of the night: off to gym, reggae restaurant then a nightclub. Real life calling and all that.
I wish I were that narcassistic that I needed to tell people i'm off to a reggae club AND a nightclub <sighs whistfully>. some people are sooo lucky
Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:04 pm
Sawdust making harpy

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Are they changing that now?? I read something recently but can't remember the details apart from a quote about getting a coffin sooner than PR.
mmm I read that it's moving up to something like 13 years!
Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:20 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
I wish I were that narcassistic that I needed to tell people i'm off to a reggae club AND a nightclub <sighs whistfully>. some people are sooo lucky
Damn, wandered off, missed my chance.

I was at the spa, doncha know, being manicured while listening to something agonisingly fashionable.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:25 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Is there any human right in the context of immigration? I have to think not, the process is selfish both on the part of government and immigrant. I can't imagine universal legislation existing to control it.

There's an inequality there, for sure.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:27 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn, wandered off, missed my chance.

I was at the spa, doncha know, being manicured while listening to something agonisingly fashionable.
Yodelling groundhogs perhaps?
Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:57 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eyeoftheocean
If I were you before you leave , I would go to the papers ! make a right stink before you leave, 4 family members who have become vicitims of CIC's ignorance towards Autism makes me so angry ...Im sure the media will be interested in your story !

Yet its OK to keep an immigrant in prison for many years who has committed serious crimes ..who draws the line here as to where the tax payers money would be better spent ...ok I have to sign off Im getting angry .xx
I don't see CIC showing an ignorance of Autism. They just seem to be more realistic of the financial strain on the tax payer, being greater than the alloted $5000 a year.

Its hard on the OP but it is what it is.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:59 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Yodelling groundhogs perhaps?
Heh! They're not ready for that in Battersea.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.