Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

I'm going home, i've done my time!!

I'm going home, i've done my time!!

Old Feb 15th 2011, 2:20 pm
Onwards and upwards!

fatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of light
Default I'm going home, i've done my time!!

Just to say a big thank you for all that have support my family and I on this rollercoaster of a journey and we have decided to go home. I have booked mine and my youngest sons (the one Canada didn't want!) flight for the 12th March and OH and oldest son will follow when he's done school.
I can honestly say, hand on heart, that i'm relieved this is all over. It feels like our life has been on hold for 2 and half years and now we can move on. I wouldn't have done anything different and I'm glad we came but its time to go home now as we are done fighting the system.
So thanks again and i guess i'll be spending most my time on the UK forum from now on. Good luck to everyone who's coming to Canada and I hope you enjoy your lives here.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

KeithSonja will become famous soon enoughKeithSonja will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I'm going home, i've done my time!!

Good luck to you and your family, I really hope it all works out for you in the future
Old Feb 15th 2011, 5:56 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

good luck - 2.5 years is a good bash at it
Old Feb 15th 2011, 6:08 pm
Cheesy Grin :-)

Dotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by fatcat65
Just to say a big thank you for all that have support my family and I on this rollercoaster of a journey and we have decided to go home. I have booked mine and my youngest sons (the one Canada didn't want!) flight for the 12th March and OH and oldest son will follow when he's done school.
I can honestly say, hand on heart, that i'm relieved this is all over. It feels like our life has been on hold for 2 and half years and now we can move on. I wouldn't have done anything different and I'm glad we came but its time to go home now as we are done fighting the system.
So thanks again and i guess i'll be spending most my time on the UK forum from now on. Good luck to everyone who's coming to Canada and I hope you enjoy your lives here.
So sorry it didn't work out for you! From a family about to embark on the adventure, may I ask why it didn't work out for you all? Good luck on your relocation and here's hoping your future is bright!
Old Feb 15th 2011, 6:09 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, not followed your reasons for struggle but good luck.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 6:13 pm
Cheesy Grin :-)

Dotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dotty P
So sorry it didn't work out for you! From a family about to embark on the adventure, may I ask why it didn't work out for you all? Good luck on your relocation and here's hoping your future is bright!
I've just realised I can look at your previous posts and now know why you are leaving Canada. So sorry to read of your troubles...i hope your future journey brings you all you hope for and you and your family will find happiness.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 6:14 pm
Account Closed

eyeoftheocean is an unknown quantity at this point

I hear ya ! me too be going through this pain for 2 and a half years now and I dont know your story , but I guess its do do with your son ?

Sometimes I get the urge to throw in the towel too .
Old Feb 15th 2011, 8:08 pm
Onwards and upwards!

fatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by eyeoftheocean
I hear ya ! me too be going through this pain for 2 and a half years now and I dont know your story , but I guess its do do with your son ?

Sometimes I get the urge to throw in the towel too .
I think there comes a time when (in the words of a god awful country song) you have to know when to walk away and know when to run and i'm done trying.
I can't stand the lazy attitude here to work, it drives me nuts! I can't stand the stupidity of so many things....sometimes things just don't make sense and when you question it they just say "oh well, thats the way it is"!

Yeah its to do with my son, and it just goes to show how little they know about Autism, the lack of knowledge over here is astounding and I guess that goes through all aspects of their lives here including the powers that be.
I've just had one mum say 'Aspergers isn't part of the Autistic Spectrum', and her daughter is Autistic and she's a teacher. Hello, read the info on it!!
Scary Anyway good luck with what you decide and go with your heart.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

This sucks to high heaven mate but BEST OF LUCK!
Old Feb 15th 2011, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

I think there comes a time when (in the words of a god awful country song) you have to know when to walk away and know when to run and i'm done trying.
I can't stand the lazy attitude here to work, it drives me nuts! I can't stand the stupidity of so many things....sometimes things just don't make sense and when you question it they just say "oh well, thats the way it is"!

Yeah its to do with my son, and it just goes to show how little they know about Autism, the lack of knowledge over here is astounding and I guess that goes through all aspects of their lives here including the powers that be.
I've just had one mum say 'Aspergers isn't part of the Autistic Spectrum', and her daughter is Autistic and she's a teacher. Hello, read the info on it!!
xxx
Old Feb 15th 2011, 9:43 pm
Account Closed

I agree with ya, its the lazy attitude here too that drives me nuts ..Im used to a fast pace back in England , yet here everyones like..lardy dah de dah in their own time ! A lot of things frustrate me too , it just seems a slow Country..I mean how long does it take for a decision whether you can stay or not ? its total nuts if you ask me .

Its sad you have been the victim of discrimination through the medical and CIC system here , Maybe you should go to the papers and have this brought to the media's attention ? Im sure they will be sympathetic to you .But if you have already made up your mind, good luck to you !

I may not get the decision I want either through security grounds but MEH ...I can always go back to my yorkshire dinners , and pork scratchings down the pub
Old Feb 15th 2011, 10:41 pm

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

I can always go back to my yorkshire dinners , and pork scratchings down the pub
Just think about those you are leaving behind......we can only envy you
Old Feb 15th 2011, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Fatcat all the best from me too, I feel so sad when I think about what you hoped for and worked for for over 2 years being cast aside by CIC with no regard for your commitment there. Absolutely awful. Pleased though that you have come to terms with it and can move on with such a positive attitude. Hopefully it has all happened this way for a reason that will become apparent eventually!

Be sure to let us know how you get on back here in the UK.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 11:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lmartin999
Just think about those you are leaving behind......we can only envy you
Im not gong anywhere yet lol unless CIC tell me to get lost ..

And I have just realised, the heading for this thread is the begining of the song ;'tie a yellow ribbon round the ole oak tree'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjqBhZj_37U
Old Feb 16th 2011, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with ya, its the lazy attitude here too that drives me nuts ..Im used to a fast pace back in England , yet here everyones like..lardy dah de dah in their own time ! A lot of things frustrate me too , it just seems a slow Country..I mean how long does it take for a decision whether you can stay or not ? its total nuts if you ask me .

Its sad you have been the victim of discrimination through the medical and CIC system here , Maybe you should go to the papers and have this brought to the media's attention ? Im sure they will be sympathetic to you .But if you have already made up your mind, good luck to you !

I may not get the decision I want either through security grounds but MEH ...I can always go back to my yorkshire dinners , and pork scratchings down the pub
Sorry but I have to disagree! Not lazy! You both confuse "Lazy" with a more relaxed way of life. You can't compare Apples and Lemons. Life in Great Britain requires something very different. There is no need to run the rat-race of Great Britain here. I come from London and appreciate that where I live in Canada is 40 years behind London. What we lack in frenzied, fast passed and crazy lives we make up for in real community connections. My bank manager knows my name! Cars stop to let me cross the street at any point, jay walking or not. People say "Hello" to you because it is nice to be nice and not because they want something from you. It is not dirty or aggressive like Great Britain. I am sad that people are heading back but lets face it; Great Britain is more aggressive, dirty, over crowded and rude. Look at the crime stats, population stats. It is all there. No generalisations here. It gets worse every year too. I hope you enjoy paying council (Poll) tax for no real services. I wish Fatcat all the best and I understand his plight but sweeping generalisations are not cool!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.