Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

I'm getting worried, I'm starting to loose my enthusiasm!

I'm getting worried, I'm starting to loose my enthusiasm!

Old Dec 14th 2009, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Ant_Barber is on a distinguished road
Question I'm getting worried, I'm starting to loose my enthusiasm!

I think all the waiting is starting to take its toll, the drive is diminishing! I'm beginning to loose sight of why I wanted to go. I keep looking at stuff on the internet but I've lost that excitement. Is this normal? Is it something that everyone goes through or will it be regained through the process of finishing off the paperwork!!
Any comments would be well received!
Old Dec 14th 2009, 9:38 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I'm getting worried, I'm starting to loose my enthusiasm!

I was exactly the same, I think everyone goes through it. Then something will happen such as a letter, phone call or something that will spark it all off again.

Enjoy Christmas and give your self a rest from it. The new year should see you back on track.

Good luck
Old Dec 14th 2009, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

Depends how long ago you applied, I think... Some of us have been waiting 3 or 4 years and are managing to maintain our enthusiasm lol...

That said, I think it's human nature to try and prepare yourself for the 'worst' lol... a bit like telling yourself you didn't really want the dream job after the interview and before the 'no thanks' letter...

Enjoy your wait
Old Dec 14th 2009, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ant_Barber
I think all the waiting is starting to take its toll, the drive is diminishing! I'm beginning to loose sight of why I wanted to go. I keep looking at stuff on the internet but I've lost that excitement. Is this normal? Is it something that everyone goes through or will it be regained through the process of finishing off the paperwork!!
Yes and each time you receive any progress you will become reinvigorated and hopefully regain sight of why you applied in the first place!
Old Dec 15th 2009, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

You need to come back here and visit for a few weeks. Never give up! EVER!
Old Dec 15th 2009, 12:14 pm
Future Albertan

Kaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond repute

We haven't even applied yet and I go through phases of doing nothing but research and then phases of not really bothering! Only natural I think, I'm sure you will get the excitement back soon!

When did you apply?
Old Dec 15th 2009, 2:51 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Apart from living in Seaham why do you want to come to Ontario? What do you hope to get from the move? Think about that, write the list and maybe then you will realise what you want to do
Old Dec 15th 2009, 3:11 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

I think its fairly normal, the process and the waiting are a grind.

Originally Posted by roxye3
You need to come back here and visit for a few weeks.
Originally Posted by fledermaus
Apart from living in Seaham why do you want to come to Ontario? What do you hope to get from the move? Think about that, write the list and maybe then you will realise what you want to do
Both good suggestions
Old Dec 15th 2009, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

I agree with the others, it's impossible to be in a state of excitement throughout the whole process as life here still goes on. I just ring my friend in Canada and I feel the excitement immediately and start looking at mls again. I'm guessing this is normal. Are you going over for a trip any time soon? Whereabouts in Ontario are you headed? We're headed over there too, hopefully in 18 months and I'm sure that I'll lose the drive a few times before then.

Becky
Old Dec 15th 2009, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

I feel the same. Then I get worried that we won't be able to provide all the paperwork when they want it or that the medical will bring something up that stops us from going! Oh the pleasure of wallowing in self-pity!!!
Then I remember why I wanted to emigrate in the first place and the glass is suddenly half full instead of half empty!!!!
Old Dec 15th 2009, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

Have you applied yet? If so, when did you send in the forms? We only sent ours in last week and I'm so nervous already. Goodness knows what state I'll be in by next Summer!!
Old Dec 15th 2009, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

We've hit a "minor" issue shall we say relating to ex-husbands consent!!! Off to see the solicitor tomorrow!!!
Very excited and nervous at the same time! Didn't have trouble getting up this morning though! Was wide awake at 5.30am thinking about it all!!
Old Dec 15th 2009, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

I had the same trouble and it was relatively pain-free. A solicitor told us that if the ex refused to sign the paperwork he would have to prove to the court that a) you were moving to spite him, b) your situation would be worse than it is now, c) the children's schools would not be as good as they are now and d) that he would not have adequate access to the children. We showed the ex this information and he signed the papers in front of a notary within a few weeks. We said that it would be better for everyone if it was done amicably and he agreed. I was nervous up until I had the signed papers in my hand. I can understand why you're nervous though.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Ant_Barber is on a distinguished road

Thank you for all of your replies.
I'll try and fill in some details.
AOR received Sept 2007 - still heard nothing.
We've got no family over there to contact or to chat with.
We aren't heading over there in the forseable future.

I think I agree with Miss Clinique I will let Xmas pass and hopefully we will have heard something by then.

At least the genereal feeling seems to be that this is normal which is a relief.

Thanks everyone
Old Dec 15th 2009, 7:12 pm
Lovin it!

manningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to all

Thank you for all of your replies.
I'll try and fill in some details.
AOR received Sept 2007 - still heard nothing.
We've got no family over there to contact or to chat with.
We aren't heading over there in the forseable future.

I think I agree with Miss Clinique I will let Xmas pass and hopefully we will have heard something by then.

At least the genereal feeling seems to be that this is normal which is a relief.

Thanks everyone
Yeah Definitely normal - when I applied I was ready to just go over there and wait for it all to happen. After not hearing anything and work situation changing for the better I started to think staying over here wouldn't be so bad... Thankfully after 2yrs I got my 90 day letter and within 6 months it had all completed.

What keeps me going now is the fact that I have visited the town I will be living in and our Realtor took us out for the whole day (took us to a nice Italian too) showing us houses and the town She completely blew us away and every single property we viewed was amazing

I think about my new life in Canada every single day now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.