Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Im 10 im worried movin to Canada

Im 10 im worried movin to Canada

Old Jun 7th 2007, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

annie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud of
Default Im 10 im worried movin to Canada

Hi,
Im using my mums username. My name is Joe i am moving to oakville ontario in 2 weeks and i am scared. What is it like I will miss my friends and I am worried about school over there. are there any people my age who can talk to me. I am 10 and would really like to talk to any one else my age, especially if they are living in ontario.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Im 10 im worried movin to Canada

Hiya Mate.

Theres a forum on here called the "Youth Club", thats where young people like yourself go to chat. I know there are many others in the same boat as you, so try not to be scared. If you are really worried then talk to your Mum as I know she would like to hear what you are thinking.

I know you will enjoy Canada. Take Care

Karla x x x x
Old Jun 7th 2007, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

annie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud of

Hiya Karla, yeah my mum knows how i feel its just that im REALLY scared.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 6:58 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annie3-4
Hi,
Im using my mums username. My name is Joe i am moving to oakville ontario in 2 weeks and i am scared. What is it like I will miss my friends and I am worried about school over there. are there any people my age who can talk to me. I am 10 and would really like to talk to any one else my age, especially if they are living in ontario.
Hi Joe,

I'm a teensy little bit older than you, but when we came here my two sons were 9 and 11. They were scared too, but when we got here they loved it and made new friends very quickly indeed. I know Oakville quite well and its a great place for kids.

Novo.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Joe

I'm a mum but my kids are older than you, they are worried about the same things, leaving friends, changing schools and all that. Its a big change for all of you.

We have visited Nova Scotia 3 times and all the kids we have met are really nice, and want to make friends because you will be the new english boy you won't forgot your friends from England and I'm sure your mum will help you keep in touch with them, but remember your mum and dad have thought about you and your life when you get older and believe they are making the right decision moving.

You'll be the cool english dude at your new school think of moving as a big adventure.

Rosie
Old Jun 7th 2007, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to all

hi joe......dont worry mate,its a big adventure for you,and for your mum.
im sure a young man like yourself will make lots of friends and you can stay in touch with your british friends through the computer...
everything will work out,so try not to be too scared.
good luck and enjoy canada
paul
Old Jun 7th 2007, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

mkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
My daughter, Jenny moved to Kelowna, BC about a week and a half ago. She's loving it. If you'd like to chat to her, PM me and I'll send you her email address.
It's fine to be apprehensive, and good to talk to mates your own age.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

thanks everyone.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 7:14 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Joe,

I'm way older than you are, but I've moved a lot in my life, including when I was a kid, so I know what it feels like.

I don't live in Ontario. I've only been there as a visitor. So I cannot tell you about everyday life in Oakville from personal experience.

But my nephew moved to Oakville when he was about the age that you are now. He quickly adapted from playing rugby and cricket to playing Canadian sports. He's in his twenties now, he still lives in Oakville, he still likes it there, and he's still into Canadian sports. He especially likes ice hockey and soccer (what you call football in England). In the last few years, soccer has really taken off in Canada.

One thing you may be interested to know is that Canadian kids usually think that a British accent is cool.

Here's a virtual hug for you.

{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}

I'll be thinking about you while you're flying to Canada and settling in here. If you have time to let us know, it would be nice to hear how you find it when you get here.

Anyway, best of luck with everything.

Judy.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

pirate_dude834 will become famous soon enoughpirate_dude834 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
Hi Joe,

I'm way older than you are, but I've moved a lot in my life, including when I was a kid, so I know what it feels like.

I don't live in Ontario. I've only been there as a visitor. So I cannot tell you about everyday life in Oakville from personal experience.

But my nephew moved to Oakville when he was about the age that you are now. He quickly adapted from playing rugby and cricket to playing Canadian sports. He's in his twenties now, he still lives in Oakville, he still likes it there, and he's still into Canadian sports. He especially likes ice hockey and soccer (what you call football in England). In the last few years, soccer has really taken off in Canada.

One thing you may be interested to know is that Canadian kids usually think that a British accent is cool.

Here's a virtual hug for you.

{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}

I'll be thinking about you while you're flying to Canada and settling in here. If you have time to let us know, it would be nice to hear how you find it when you get here.

Anyway, best of luck with everything.

Judy.

hi. im on my account now thanks that has really made me feel better. (thanks for the virtual hug)
Old Jun 7th 2007, 7:19 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pirate_dude834
im on my account now
Hey, I like your User Name.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annie3-4
Hi,

I've not got kids but I do look after them. When I visited my friends in Ontario I wished I was a kid again living there. They have so many different things to do, there are skateboard parks, lots of clubs and loads of winter sports like snowboarding, ice hockey that they play on frozen ponds and loads more stuff. The people are also really friendly so I'm sure you'll have too many friends soon.

I bet if you ask your mum she'll tell you she's a bit scared too I'm also a bit scared about moving to Canada and leaving my friends, but I keep telling myself that I have lots of friends in Canada I've just got to meet them.

Sharon
Old Jun 7th 2007, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

pirate_dude834 will become famous soon enoughpirate_dude834 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
Hey, I like your User Name.
thanks my favourite movie is potc3
Old Jun 7th 2007, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

this has really made me feel better thanks everyone.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute

Pleased to know it's helped.

I hope when you get there you'll keep us posted on how many new friends you've got and what a fab time your having.

sharon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.