Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

If you had to name one.. what's the worst thing about living on Vancouver Island?

If you had to name one.. what's the worst thing about living on Vancouver Island?

Old May 2nd 2009, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Spongebob has a spectacular aura aboutSpongebob has a spectacular aura aboutSpongebob has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: If you had to name one.. what's the worst thing about living on Vancouver Island?

Originally Posted by Steve_P
I stand corrected.

The Victoria Salmon Kings of the ECHL are a step up from junior hockey in a sense.

Although it's interesting that the ECHL (East Coast Hockey League) has teams in Victoria B.C. and Anchorage, Alaska.

I told you in a previous post that Victoria has the Grizzlies which is Junior A. Which is part of the BCHL.
Old May 3rd 2009, 4:07 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: If you had to name one.. what's the worst thing about living on Vancouver Island?

Originally Posted by Spongebob
I told you in a previous post that Victoria has the Grizzlies which is Junior A. Which is part of the BCHL.
And you were told that Junior A is not a major league.
Old May 3rd 2009, 4:19 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Caalm down caalm down.
Old May 3rd 2009, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

Spongebob has a spectacular aura aboutSpongebob has a spectacular aura aboutSpongebob has a spectacular aura about

Im not to sure which bit your not getting. You wrote in a previous post there was no junior hockey on Vancouver island. You have been told twice there is the Victoria Grizzlies which is junior A hockey. Whether or not Junior A in your opinion is a major league is besides the point. It is a junior hockey league which you spouted we didn't have.

Last edited by Spongebob; May 3rd 2009 at 5:03 am.
Old May 3rd 2009, 1:41 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spongebob
Im not to sure which bit your not getting. You wrote in a previous post there was no junior hockey on Vancouver island. You have been told twice there is the Victoria Grizzlies which is junior A hockey. Whether or not Junior A in your opinion is a major league is besides the point. It is a junior hockey league which you spouted we didn't have.
I wrote "No major sports of any kind, not even junior hockey." meaning no major Junior hockey. I can see were you could have mis-interpreted my comment. I should have written no major junior hockey, i.e. WHL.

I apologise.
Old May 3rd 2009, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

islandboy will become famous soon enough

Not being ableto get Adnams beer and not having enough hours in the day to fully explore this beautiful Island. I have lived here for 7 years now and still only seen a fraction of it. As for the Ferries.............who the hell wants to go to Vancouver anyway.
Old May 3rd 2009, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud of

Not having my family and friends here to sample the beauty of this island. Been here 8 months now and cant think of anything else....perhaps the social side, nipping to the local is not the same but hey can do with out it. (when in Rome etc)
Old May 3rd 2009, 10:23 pm
passport photo

Hammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud of

thanks for all the comments and a wee hockey chat along the way. Nothing too scary about what you all said + Victoria was just named No1 place to live in Canada based on a recent survey.

Can't wait till next summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!