Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Iam very confused.

Iam very confused.

Old May 29th 2007, 2:29 am
Livin' it large in BC.

Chops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to all
Default Re: Iam very confused.

Iam a little confused too...

Why do you keep writing "I am" as "Iam"?

"I am"
"You are"
"He is"
"She is"
"They are"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conjugation_tables#To_be

Originally Posted by Dannyfour
Hello,

Iam 28 years old and emigrated to Calgary, Canada nine years ago. I really miss England and feel torn between the two countrys. Iam thinking of going back for good this time to where i grew up in Bedfordshire. Iam not sure if this would be a good choice. Iam after a bit of advice really, should i go back or stick it out here?

Cheers..
Old May 29th 2007, 2:51 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chops

"I am"
"You are"
"He is"
"She is"
"They are"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedantic
Old May 29th 2007, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

"I am"
"You are"
"He is"
"She is"
"They are"

Well aren't you the clever one Chops, well done .
Old May 29th 2007, 2:55 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant! Thanks Rich, that is the first time in ages I have laughed out loud at a posting.

Keep 'em coming!
Chops, sometimes the target's so large you can hardly fail to miss

Not that Iam now being provocative or owt.
Old May 29th 2007, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

"I am"
"You are"
"He is"
"She is"
"They are"

Why is it that you and other idiots i could name on here feel the need to pick at other posters use of words/grammar/paragraphing etc
Old May 29th 2007, 2:10 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jempee
Why is it that you and other idiots i could name on here feel the need to pick at other posters use of words/grammar/paragraphing etc
that'd be "...other posters' use of words..." surely?

<ducks>
Old May 29th 2007, 3:01 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Because they have nothing better to do than waste time picking on us lesser mortals Either that or they have no valid opinions to make?
Old May 29th 2007, 3:10 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanted to reply to the original thread as the rest of you nutters have lost the plot!!

Why would anyone want to come back to UK- the rest of us cant wait to get out of it. If you look at the recent thread on "Why people want to immigrate" you will get umpteen reasons why to stay put. But you also could try it and see. I'd assume you would be shocked at how pathetic Britain has become since you left.

Through my job I had arranged a meeting with Age Concern this morning and basically after 60 years of age if you have toiled hard all your life and saved for your retirement - you are screwed. The Government take every last thing even your dignity and throw you in some crap Residential home if family cant look after you. On the other hand if you were a lazy layabout who sponged off the state all your life there is a multitude of benefits arranged for you. Hope Canada is a lot different or else I will be very disappointed.
Hello,

Iam 28 years old and emigrated to Calgary, Canada nine years ago. I really miss England and feel torn between the two countrys. Iam thinking of going back for good this time to where i grew up in Bedfordshire. Iam not sure if this would be a good choice. Iam after a bit of advice really, should i go back or stick it out here?

Cheers..
Old May 29th 2007, 3:11 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Because they have nothing better to do than waste time picking on us lesser mortals Either that or they have no valid opinions to make?
Can one make an opinion? I know that they can be held and expressed but I've never before heard of making one.
Old May 29th 2007, 3:35 pm
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Can one make an opinion? I know that they can be held and expressed but I've never before heard of making one.
Is that the same as 'taking' a dump?
Old May 29th 2007, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H
That he prefers rugby to hockey
Bedfordshire isn't known for it's rugby, he'd have to go to Gloucestershire or Avon or somewhere else in the west country for that (or maybe London or Newcastle).
Old May 29th 2007, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

You should use "I", not the lower case version in your sentences jem.
Old May 29th 2007, 5:04 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Cheers..
Unfortunately you’ve come to the “how wonderful” Canada is forum and many here will not be able or unwilling to comprehend the idea that you may be “torn between the two countries”

This is the wrong place for advice on this topic,

They will be able to give you many reasons to stay and many more reasons why not to go back to the UK

Many on here will need to justify or at least use this to justify their reason to move, many having made a one way trip with little option to return

Your knowledge of life in the UK extends up to your 19th birthday, your life in Canada is from 19 to 28 these are significantly different stages in your life and must be factored into your decision

Depending on your choice of career experience in your thirties in another continent can be of significant benefit, wherever you choose to finally settle. But its still your call!

If the choice was mine and I could afford to move from Job to Job I’d try out as many locations as possible before I settled down, some UK, some continental Europe, some Canada… and if possibel even the US.
But I would start with a big domestic move first, just because if it doesn’t really work out the return is a lot easier

Last edited by MikeUK; May 29th 2007 at 5:06 pm.
Old May 29th 2007, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yawn
Old May 29th 2007, 9:13 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

If I had to guess, I would say some of the posts in this thread represent:
  1. British humour
  2. idiotic comments
  3. profound observations
  4. stuff I don't understand
  5. some combination of the above

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.