I saw a BEAR

Old Jul 2nd 2009, 8:18 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I saw a BEAR

I saw three bears once. A mother, a father and a baby. I thought they must be Brits. One was bitching about the porridge, one was bitching about the beds, and one about the chairs. Seems they hadn't got around to the baked beans, chocolate, bacon, lemonade or all the other stuff yet !
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 8:18 pm
Banned

mijora is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Oink
They have grizzly bears on top of Grouse Mountain plus they have a lumberjack show which is world famous.
And bears also taste good
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 9:02 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mijora
I love BEAR photo's
ummm not this sort you won't - if I mention "big hunting family" will that stop the discussion right there!!!!!
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 12:56 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Oink
They have grizzly bears on top of Grouse Mountain plus they have a lumberjack show which is world famous.
Nice pic Oink... thats from a book I once had to read at school
" A kestrel for Kev" Great film too.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 1:58 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
ummm not this sort you won't - if I mention "big hunting family" will that stop the discussion right there!!!!!
I certainly hope it's black bears they are hunting and not grizzlies.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 2:08 pm
Banned

tim01 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think id be alot more nervous than most of you if i did meet a bear!!
Old Jul 4th 2009, 4:36 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
I saw three bears once. A mother, a father and a baby. I thought they must be Brits. One was bitching about the porridge, one was bitching about the beds, and one about the chairs. Seems they hadn't got around to the baked beans, chocolate, bacon, lemonade or all the other stuff yet !
Sound more like yankies to me.... Mind you it's hard to hear what there moanning about. maybe it's because the Gum they are chewing
Old Jul 4th 2009, 4:40 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Steve_P
It's Niether Steve..They are hunted Teddy Bears
Old Jul 4th 2009, 5:06 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P

Yes it was a black bear (emphasis on the was!) Grizzly tags were withdrawn about 3 yrs ago so unless you go waaaaaay up north and pay a fortune to an outfit, you can't get them anymore
Old Jul 4th 2009, 10:58 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Yes it was a black bear (emphasis on the was!) Grizzly tags were withdrawn about 3 yrs ago so unless you go waaaaaay up north and pay a fortune to an outfit, you can't get them anymore
Mr. Bean has got a small dark bear
Old Jul 5th 2009, 12:43 am
Sawdust making harpy

Originally Posted by mijora
Mr. Bean has got a small dark bear
and so do I have Mr Beans bear (or did its now with my daughter in the UK) - I either know you or that is just a really random coincidental thing to say
Old Jul 5th 2009, 11:34 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BC-Roo
Great that you managed to get a picture of it. I saw a black bear on the last day of our recce recently, we were driving on the highway from Kelowna to Vancouver and OH had the fright of his life when I shouted "There's a bear!!!!" and pointed across him to where it was on the other side of the highway. Nearly took us off the road, but it made my day!
Ive seen quite a few along that road, the Coquihalla? Once saw one along there scrubbing his back on a tree. He was huge!

Also, east of Hope on road to Manning Park ive seen some.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

BC-Roo has a brilliant futureBC-Roo has a brilliant futureBC-Roo has a brilliant futureBC-Roo has a brilliant futureBC-Roo has a brilliant futureBC-Roo has a brilliant futureBC-Roo has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Londonuck
Ive seen quite a few along that road, the Coquihalla? Once saw one along there scrubbing his back on a tree. He was huge!

Also, east of Hope on road to Manning Park ive seen some.
Yes that's the road. Funny thing was that there was a hitchhiker a couple of hundred yards down from where the bear was. I wouldn't have liked to have been him! I would've crapped my pants!