I made it :o)

Old Oct 17th 2004, 1:52 pm
Ay-Im from Blackburn me

royyboy will become famous soon enough
Default I made it :o)

Hiya guys, guess whos baaack
Them nice guys at sympetico hooked me up, and all is good.
Landed Monday, expecting it to go one of 2 ways,being thanksgiving..either it was gonna be "gimme yer passport, i wanna stamp it and go home to my family" or it was "im working coz of you, now im gonna make you pay"...
Luckily, it was option 1..Got called up by a nice young lady, she checked everything, hit it with the big stamp, told me the do & donts, and sent me on my merry way-total time 15 minutes...WAHEYYYYY...Now only customs to get past.....got baggage, 4 cases, 2 hand luggage (me and mrs)notice 2 cases have something green stuck to them........"TO BE OPENED FOR INSPECTION".......AHHHHHcrap, what showed up on the scanner....turnns out they do one bag from each person or family on pr/sw visas, so ok there then. Customs guy looks pleasant enough, but ya wouldnt wanna spill his pint..."ok guys, this is gonna take a while, sorry"...bugger thinx i, this aint good. He then asks if i have taken time out to write on a bit of paper all my goods accompanying and goods to follow.."Ahhh, you want a b4 and b4a.ok, theyre right here.." ok, now he looks miffed-"are they already filled out.?..........ALRIGGGHTT i LOVE you guys"...now i have a happy beaming customs dood, Canadian life is looking grander....He checks the forms, copies them, gets me to sign, checks the 2 bags with the dodgy items enclosed sticker, very briefly, then looks me up and down, hands me my pp "Welcome to Canada, enjoy the rest of your life".
OOOOOOKAY, im done with customs, feeling goooood, total time from getting off the plane to the exit gates at airport-27 minutes....Next stop-Kelseys-burger and molson
After seeing Canada in fall for the first time, has the last 2 years of hell, stress, scrimping and saving been worth it??-MOST DEFINATELY-Now, to obey customs orders, and enjoy my life...
Old Oct 17th 2004, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Sher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: I made it :o)

Congratulations, wish you the best of luck.

BTW please post your timeline.

Sher
Old Oct 17th 2004, 2:11 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I made it :o)

Great Post, Congratulations, and Welcome!

All the best

Iain
Old Oct 17th 2004, 3:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, buddy!

I envy you.
Old Oct 17th 2004, 5:30 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

Good to hear that your experience with the Customs people was pleasant! I do hope that MissingCanada (or whatever she is called now!) is happy to be back, too.
Old Oct 17th 2004, 7:06 pm
Glaswegian

Awesome ... welcome to Canada!

Old Oct 17th 2004, 9:08 pm
Ay-Im from Blackburn me

:0)
Cheers guys.
Yeah, missingcanada (julia) aint missing it anymore thats for sure. Zellers, winners, the bay, etc have all fallen foul of julia and the cibc plastic...great feeling to have her back amongst her own....lotsa nice family and friends reunions goin on, ahh tis a grand life.
Seems nothing much has changed in 2 years, prices gone up, some more than others, but other than that, its like time has pretty much stood still here in ottawa anyway..ok, one difference, Mr Jean "im gonna scare ya coz i iz oogleh" Cretzien no longer seems to be around, some martin guy now....wha happened there then
Old Oct 17th 2004, 10:02 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done matey
Sounds like you had a pretty stress free landing. Hope it all goes well for you

Keep up the postings of any updates etc, as us would be PR's would love to hear about your UPS and DOWNS, (lets hope not to many of them downs)

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE FAMILY ON FINALLY DOING WHAT SOMETIME AGO PROBALBLY SEEMED IMPOSSIBLE AND A VERY DISTANT DREAM.

Eddie, from a temperature dropping Glasgow
Old Oct 18th 2004, 3:03 pm
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by Voyager970
Eddie, from a temperature dropping Glasgow
It's 11C in Glasgow ... -6C and snowing in Calgary ... at least you can shovel snow

Old Oct 18th 2004, 3:23 pm
Ay-Im from Blackburn me

Yep, temperatures dropping like a stone here too. Aint quiet freezing yet, but seeing yer breathe is a sure giveaway.
Wow, been here a week already..trees all shades of brown, some now bare, aint this preeeeeeety
Started looking at apartments yesterday, aint they got wierd terminology...glad julia was with me. seems average here is they pay heating and water, some pay electric for the fridge and stove, we pay "hydro"......What the hell is hydro thinx i....okay, seems this is yer electric bill.

Tip for peepz coming over, if yer gonna rent yer first place..MAKE SURE HEATING IS IN THE RENT...Its expensive as hell, and it seems that ya pay heating all year round, even in summer. THAT confused me, but its so people get the bills broken up, so aint left financially short in winter when bills are high..and boy do ya need heat in winter
Old Oct 18th 2004, 3:32 pm
Glaswegian

Since you're paying Hydro I guess you're in Ontario?

Update your location ... give us a clue where you are.

Old Oct 18th 2004, 3:44 pm
Ay-Im from Blackburn me

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
Since you're paying Hydro I guess you're in Ontario?

Update your location ... give us a clue where you are.
Done
Old Oct 18th 2004, 5:30 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

It has always struck me as odd that 'hydro' is used to mean electricity. Is it something to do with hydro-electricity? I dare say I'll get used to it when I live there. What do they call gas...? Is it simply natural gas?
Old Oct 18th 2004, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rhodes
It has always struck me as odd that 'hydro' is used to mean electricity. Is it something to do with hydro-electricity? I dare say I'll get used to it when I live there. What do they call gas...? Is it simply natural gas?

Probably has something to do with the fact it is called Ontario Hydro. In Nova Scotia it is Nova Scotia Power and just Power for short. In Ontario is used to Consumers Gas, not sure if that still the same.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 7:06 pm
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by royyboy
Hiya guys, guess whos baaack
Them nice guys at sympetico hooked me up, and all is good.
Landed Monday, expecting it to go one of 2 ways,being thanksgiving..either it was gonna be "gimme yer passport, i wanna stamp it and go home to my family" or it was "im working coz of you, now im gonna make you pay"...
Luckily, it was option 1..Got called up by a nice young lady, she checked everything, hit it with the big stamp, told me the do & donts, and sent me on my merry way-total time 15 minutes...WAHEYYYYY...Now only customs to get past.....got baggage, 4 cases, 2 hand luggage (me and mrs)notice 2 cases have something green stuck to them........"TO BE OPENED FOR INSPECTION".......AHHHHHcrap, what showed up on the scanner....turnns out they do one bag from each person or family on pr/sw visas, so ok there then. Customs guy looks pleasant enough, but ya wouldnt wanna spill his pint..."ok guys, this is gonna take a while, sorry"...bugger thinx i, this aint good. He then asks if i have taken time out to write on a bit of paper all my goods accompanying and goods to follow.."Ahhh, you want a b4 and b4a.ok, theyre right here.." ok, now he looks miffed-"are they already filled out.?..........ALRIGGGHTT i LOVE you guys"...now i have a happy beaming customs dood, Canadian life is looking grander....He checks the forms, copies them, gets me to sign, checks the 2 bags with the dodgy items enclosed sticker, very briefly, then looks me up and down, hands me my pp "Welcome to Canada, enjoy the rest of your life".
OOOOOOKAY, im done with customs, feeling goooood, total time from getting off the plane to the exit gates at airport-27 minutes....Next stop-Kelseys-burger and molson
After seeing Canada in fall for the first time, has the last 2 years of hell, stress, scrimping and saving been worth it??-MOST DEFINATELY-Now, to obey customs orders, and enjoy my life...
Wow,
Congratulations and thanks for all the detail. Often wondered what that final stage would be like if I ever get to it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.