Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

I Love Canada!

I Love Canada!

Old Mar 7th 2009, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Esme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really nice
Default Re: I Love Canada!

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
It does not matter one iota which country pays the higher salaries. What matters is, if the amount paid is sufficient to provide you with the lifestyle you desire.
Hear Hear! (and, of course, living in some areas of Canada can be ASTRONOMICAL!)
Old Mar 7th 2009, 10:14 pm
No time for muppets!

Mikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of light

I love Canada too!
Old Mar 7th 2009, 10:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Mikey B
I love Canada too!
ME TOO!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 7th 2009, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

lilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant future

Me 3 ...........
Old Mar 7th 2009, 10:41 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Group hug...
Old Mar 7th 2009, 11:11 pm

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Weebie
I love Canada too but you are absolutely kidding yourself if you think Canada has Higer Salaries than Australia.

IMO Australias are some of the highest paid on the planet.
Don't know where you get that from. There will always be great variance from profession to profession and everyone's situation is different.

In my instance (law enforcement) wages are way higher in Canada than OZ even if you compare dollar to dollar. I would have been losing like 20,000 plus dollars a year.

Statistically speaking, wages are higher and cost of living lower in Canada. This may have little bearing on an individual's personal circumstances, however.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median_household_income
Old Mar 8th 2009, 12:32 am
No time for muppets!

Mikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by startwin
<snip>
<snip>

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 5th 2009 at 8:30 pm. Reason: Read site rule 14 pls
Old Mar 8th 2009, 7:03 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by startwin
Some people handle power well. Others..... not. Or rather, they imagine they have some almighty authority and wield the whip (keyboard/delete key) with what they imagine is power.
Hi, What's the problem?
I can't read the deleted comment that isn't there anymore; is it really worth getting yourself worked up over? Can you allow for the fact that you aren't aware of everything that goes on behind the scenes?
Can you get in touch with Rule 14?
Discussions about moderator or administrator actions are welcome in email or local private messages, but should not be discussed in public forums. This is out of respect for the members, moderators and policy involved.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 7:27 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
I watched a US TV programme recently called Homeland Security. Reality TV, not really my bag as most of such stuff is staged. A US Immigration told a British woman trying to get in that her Visa only allowed her to knock on the door and request entry. Having one does not guarantee entry. The woman was denied entry and returned to UK.
This is true.. a visa is no guarantee of entry, to any country in the world. It's simply advance permission to show up and ask to be admitted.

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Hi Thomas

NAFTA is the North American Free Trade Agreement - made between not only the USA and Canada but also Mexico. It has nothing to do with any sort of Visa entry into the country only comes in play if you are importing to Canada from the USA or MExico.
There are NAFTA specific visas, for working in approved employment. My Canadian cousins are working in the US on TN visas each right now (Nana says they are geniuses but I don't know if that is a requirement or an accident of birth).

Originally Posted by seaham gal
Yes we were also hauled over the coals because we didn't return our visa after going over to the States on vacation. Because it lasts for three months the border guards don't remove it in case you want to go back again. When the three months were up we had to drive down to the border to hand it in. Because we live within driving distance from the border this wasn't too bad so I asked what happens if you live further north in BC. They said that you can return it to customs and immigration at any international airport. Until it is returned, you are regarded as being an illegal immigrant in the US.

A few people referred to the I-94W card you get at the border (or entry) as a "visa".. just wanted to clarify in case it is helpful to you later on.. UK citizens generally enter the US as visitors under the Visa Waiver Program which by definition means there is no visa.
The card, which you should make sure to turn in, is an I-94W. If you forget to turn it in at the border on your return to Canada, there is a place you can mail it in, with evidence of being outside the US.
Details on the VWP, ESTA and returning I-94s is available at www.travel.state.gov