British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   I know its negative but..... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/i-know-its-negative-but-649083/)

Rob_999 Jan 14th 2010 8:46 pm

Re: I know its negative but.....

Originally Posted by Alan2005 (Post 8248762)
You can be comfortable materially for sure. I lived in a nice condo, travelled around, had no commute etc. But once you get past the smiles and friendliness you realize that you are (at best) tolerated rather than accepted for the most part. You get used to it, but it's always there.

There are lots of compensations such as the fact that Bangkok is the best city in the world for food (of pretty much any type or ethnicity); the social life is great; and it's a great place if you fancy visiting the rest of asia without being what the thai locals call a farang kii nok (bird shit foreigner - or backpacker)

You lived in Bangkok for three years - and the best thing about it was the food. ok - we believe you Alan ;)

Alan2005 Jan 14th 2010 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by Rob_999 (Post 8249479)
You lived in Bangkok for three years - and the best thing about it was the food. ok - we believe you Alan ;)

... such as....

iaink Jan 14th 2010 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by Alan2005 (Post 8249488)
... such as....

Trekking through the mountains on Elephant back?

Alan2005 Jan 14th 2010 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by iaink (Post 8249505)
Trekking through the mountains on Elephant back?

No - I mean that's the phrase I used....

"There are lots of compensations such as..."

bsmith Jan 14th 2010 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by Alan2005 (Post 8249532)
No - I mean that's the phrase I used....

"There are lots of compensations such as..."

....look, what he wants to know is - did you shag a lady-boy?

Neil52 Jan 14th 2010 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by bsmith (Post 8249568)

You seem very intrested in that question..:blink:

Alan2005 Jan 14th 2010 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by bsmith (Post 8249568)

no, but I saw a fair few hapless individuals who unwittingly left bars with them...

Almost Canadian Jan 14th 2010 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by Alan2005 (Post 8249647)
no, but I saw a fair few hapless individuals who unwittingly left bars with them...

Is there any biological difference between the inside of a woman's or a man's mouth?:p

R I C H Jan 14th 2010 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian (Post 8249775)
Is there any biological difference between the inside of a woman's or a man's mouth?:p

Women have sharp tongues.

Jingsamichty Jan 14th 2010 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by bsmith (Post 8249841)
...they always say the hands are a give away, the hands and the adam's apple - and the cock.

And they're probably quite happy to go for a few pints and watch the football straight afterwards. None of that "let's just cuddle and talk" business.

Surprised it hasn't caught on more, when you think about it.

Alan2005 Jan 14th 2010 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty (Post 8249875)
And they're probably quite happy to go for a few pints and watch the football straight afterwards. None of that "let's just cuddle and talk" business.

I try not to.

ireland2canada Jan 15th 2010 12:36 am

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty (Post 8249875)

<creeeeak> Is that a closet door opening?

Jingsamichty Jan 15th 2010 1:38 am

Originally Posted by ireland2canada (Post 8250026)
<creeeeak> Is that a closet door opening?

No, I couldn't be doing with all that pouffery. There's enough lotions, potions, tweezers and make-up living with a woman. I think it would 'frying-pan to fire' to leave a lady for a lady-boy. Also Neil52 painted a rather gruesome picture of the consequences of man-love.

Novocastrian Jan 15th 2010 1:46 am

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty (Post 8250133)
No, I couldn't be doing with all that pouffery. There's enough lotions, potions, tweezers and make-up living with a woman. I think it would 'frying-pan to fire' to leave a lady for a lady-boy. Also Neil52 painted a rather gruesome picture of the consequences of man-love.

Oh, that reminds me.

<Now where did I put that box of tampons?>

bsmith Jan 15th 2010 1:48 am

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty (Post 8250133)

...I'm eagerly awaiting his views on the pros and cons of this one - though he did seem to get himself in a bit of a muddle over the whole business of rimming yesterday.