British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   I know its negative but..... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/i-know-its-negative-but-649083/)

DigitalGhost Jan 15th 2010 2:13 pm

Re: I know its negative but.....

Originally Posted by dbd33 (Post 8251434)
Two and a Half Men?

Not really into it, sorry. It isn't terrible though.

At last the US is getting the X-Factor though, how have they lived without it for so long. God bless America, it's going to need all the blessings that it can get.

pgtips Jan 15th 2010 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by dboy (Post 8251446)
Oh my god, I think I'm going to throw up.

LOL, wait for the bucket first :rofl:

dboy Jan 15th 2010 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by pgtips (Post 8251369)
Miss Clinique, well, well !! Have you broken with protocol, you are not suppose to be stating these kinds of goings on. Let thy truth be spoken !!
You will have to watch your back now, the "I love Canada" brigade may well be after you :rofl:

Much like the 'i love blighty brigade' on the other forum. ;)

I think we tend to comment on our experiences in a certain area, but tend to generalize about the rest of the place. I could say the UK is crap, but most of my experiences would be based on bad memories of growing up in Manchester, hardly fair given that the place is much more than just manchester. Same with the US, based on my experiences of living in Miami.

I like Vancouver, hated Regina, rather liked Ottawa, was not keen on Edmonton, love Vancouver Island, Calgary was ok, liked Toronto, absolutely hated Grand Prairie.

dboy Jan 15th 2010 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 8251425)
Deliverance, what do I win?

Night out with Ned Beatty

el_richo Jan 15th 2010 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by pgtips (Post 8251253)
There is a good reason that there is a GREAT before Britain.

There is nothing wrong with returning home to Queen and country :)

Am i the only one to have stood to attention (in the patriotic sense) whilst reading this post?

Long live the queen*

*Mainly so Charles gets screwed out of a throne ;)

Oakvillian Jan 15th 2010 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by el_richo (Post 8251559)
Am i the only one to have stood to attention (in the patriotic sense) whilst reading this post?

So long as you didn't do that vulgar American hand-on-heart thing, but kept your hands rigidly at your sides in proper British fashion. And hummed the tune to "Land of Hope and Glory" (or possibly "Jerusalem") while you were at it. Of course, if you happened to be wearing any kind of headgear at the time, it would have been right and proper to remove it, so I hope you did that too.

Devil Girl Jan 15th 2010 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by Oakvillian (Post 8251572)
So long as you didn't do that vulgar American hand-on-heart thing, but kept your hands rigidly at your sides in proper British fashion. And hummed the tune to "Land of Hope and Glory" (or possibly "Jerusalem") while you were at it. Of course, if you happened to be wearing any kind of headgear at the time, it would have been right and proper to remove it, so I hope you did that too.

:rofl:

Lord Vader Jan 15th 2010 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique (Post 8251394)
I am truly happy for the "I love Canada" brigade I really am. Its just that I dont. Simple as that really.

I wouldn't live in the GTA either. I don't love the GTA.

Butch Cassidy Jan 16th 2010 4:41 am

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 8246501)
I wouldn't move to Canada, its full of immigrants taking over.

Originally Posted by j and k (Post 8246517)
Oy oink......

Find me someone in this world who isn't an immigrant!

Aboriginals in Aus., Maori in NZ, Kalahari Bushmen in Namibia?

Originally Posted by jan the piglet (Post 8246723)
Totally agree.
please think very carefully and on that tick list of pros and cons put grandparents and friends at the top of the list - something money can't buy.

I have friends here and my grandparents are dead.

el_richo Jan 16th 2010 7:51 am

Originally Posted by j and k (Post 8246517)
Find me someone in this world who isn't an immigrant!

What a bloody daft comment.

My parents weren't, nor were my grandparents and their parents. I would suggest that there are at least a few billion people in the world who are not immigrants.

Lord Vader Jan 16th 2010 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by el_richo (Post 8253415)
What a bloody daft comment.

My parents weren't, nor were my grandparents and their parents. I would suggest that there are at least a few billion people in the world who are not immigrants.

yes I hear that stupid statement all the time. "But we are all immigrants, bla, bla, except for the natives, bla bla bla". Um, how about no. In order to be an immigrant, one first must emigrate.