Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

I know its negative but.....

I know its negative but.....

Old Jan 15th 2010, 2:13 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I know its negative but.....

Originally Posted by dbd33
Two and a Half Men?
Not really into it, sorry. It isn't terrible though.

At last the US is getting the X-Factor though, how have they lived without it for so long. God bless America, it's going to need all the blessings that it can get.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 2:14 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dboy
Oh my god, I think I'm going to throw up.
LOL, wait for the bucket first
Old Jan 15th 2010, 2:23 pm

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pgtips
Miss Clinique, well, well !! Have you broken with protocol, you are not suppose to be stating these kinds of goings on. Let thy truth be spoken !!
You will have to watch your back now, the "I love Canada" brigade may well be after you
Much like the 'i love blighty brigade' on the other forum.

I think we tend to comment on our experiences in a certain area, but tend to generalize about the rest of the place. I could say the UK is crap, but most of my experiences would be based on bad memories of growing up in Manchester, hardly fair given that the place is much more than just manchester. Same with the US, based on my experiences of living in Miami.

I like Vancouver, hated Regina, rather liked Ottawa, was not keen on Edmonton, love Vancouver Island, Calgary was ok, liked Toronto, absolutely hated Grand Prairie.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 2:26 pm

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
Deliverance, what do I win?
Night out with Ned Beatty
Old Jan 15th 2010, 2:57 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pgtips
There is a good reason that there is a GREAT before Britain.

There is nothing wrong with returning home to Queen and country
Am i the only one to have stood to attention (in the patriotic sense) whilst reading this post?

Long live the queen*

*Mainly so Charles gets screwed out of a throne
Old Jan 15th 2010, 3:01 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
Am i the only one to have stood to attention (in the patriotic sense) whilst reading this post?
So long as you didn't do that vulgar American hand-on-heart thing, but kept your hands rigidly at your sides in proper British fashion. And hummed the tune to "Land of Hope and Glory" (or possibly "Jerusalem") while you were at it. Of course, if you happened to be wearing any kind of headgear at the time, it would have been right and proper to remove it, so I hope you did that too.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 3:26 pm
Jedi Master

Devil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really nice

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
So long as you didn't do that vulgar American hand-on-heart thing, but kept your hands rigidly at your sides in proper British fashion. And hummed the tune to "Land of Hope and Glory" (or possibly "Jerusalem") while you were at it. Of course, if you happened to be wearing any kind of headgear at the time, it would have been right and proper to remove it, so I hope you did that too.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 3:30 pm
BE Troll

Lord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
I am truly happy for the "I love Canada" brigade I really am. Its just that I dont. Simple as that really.
I wouldn't live in the GTA either. I don't love the GTA.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 4:41 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I wouldn't move to Canada, its full of immigrants taking over.
Originally Posted by j and k
Oy oink......

Find me someone in this world who isn't an immigrant!
Aboriginals in Aus., Maori in NZ, Kalahari Bushmen in Namibia?

Originally Posted by jan the piglet
Totally agree.
please think very carefully and on that tick list of pros and cons put grandparents and friends at the top of the list - something money can't buy.
I have friends here and my grandparents are dead.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 7:51 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j and k
Find me someone in this world who isn't an immigrant!
What a bloody daft comment.

My parents weren't, nor were my grandparents and their parents. I would suggest that there are at least a few billion people in the world who are not immigrants.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 1:57 pm
BE Troll

Lord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
What a bloody daft comment.

My parents weren't, nor were my grandparents and their parents. I would suggest that there are at least a few billion people in the world who are not immigrants.
yes I hear that stupid statement all the time. "But we are all immigrants, bla, bla, except for the natives, bla bla bla". Um, how about no. In order to be an immigrant, one first must emigrate.