Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

I have been robbed

I have been robbed

Old Aug 13th 2008, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

debbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to all
Default I have been robbed

Hi all ,

Not been on for a few days so was just catching up on threads.

Well i have yet again been a victim of crime , Went out to my car yesterday morning to find all the doors open .I have been robbed !! They took everything i know most of you will say well you shouldnt of left things in the car . But i had packed the car up Monday evening to go and visit family in Manchester for a few days the sat nav , childrens dvd players and approx 40 dvds and cds ! I am gutted i feel so sick...

I was more amazed at the police when i rang them they just gave me a crime number ! I asked if they were going to visit and they just said no. I feel so angry how on earth are these criminals ever going to caught and taught a lesson if no one investigates it ??

Sorry to moan just needed to let some steam out !

Debbie
Old Aug 13th 2008, 7:57 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I have been robbed

Bummer -
Old Aug 13th 2008, 7:58 pm
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that ! Its a pain in the arse I hope you are covered for the loss at least ?
Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Doomed to be stuck in the West Midlands forever!!!!
Twink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to all

hi Debbie

sorry to hear that. Hopefully your insurance will cover you?

Best of luck with it all

regards
Susie
Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:11 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that . Yeah it really sucks, still rest assured if you had been doing 33 in a 30 Zone the police would be more than happy to visit you

Hope the insurance coughs up quickly
Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

calgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant future

Sorry for the loss !! I hope your insurance comes thru for you
Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:27 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by calgarylady
Sorry for the loss !! I hope your insurance comes thru for you
Sorry for your loss but think twice about that insurance claim if you are shortly moving over to Canada & the effect it might have on your claims history & record. Car insurance is expensive enough in Canada and I know from bitter experience that making a claim just before you leave UK can cost you a lot when you get here.

Just a thought.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

debbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to all

thanks for that everyone !

Insurace a no go but house insurance are looking into it .Would this also effect us in Canada ?

Debbie
Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:30 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbieeasby

I was more amazed at the police when i rang them they just gave me a crime number ! I asked if they were going to visit and they just said no. I feel so angry how on earth are these criminals ever going to caught and taught a lesson if no one investigates it ??

Debbie
ASSHOLES!!
and I dont just mean the crims
Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:31 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbieeasby
thanks for that everyone !

Insurace a no go but house insurance are looking into it .Would this also effect us in Canada ?

Debbie
Probably far less impact than car insurance.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Well said butch but did not know if i could swear on line !!

Debbie
Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:48 pm
Since 010205

l i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nice

Bummer, sorry to hear that

My brother's house was burgled a couple of weeks ago (UK). The police did eventually manage to attend to log what had been taken - my brother had to laugh when the officer was taking down details of the Wii games taken - he said "...and Sonic Olympics" to which the officer replied "oh, I've got that it's good isn't it?" !!!!! He has now got a letter saying there is nothing further that they can do and they are closing the case (wow a whole 2 weeks!)
Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:50 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

The police not even bothering to investigate is a disgrace. I know it is less serious than other crimes but I agree with the OP - whats the point of having laws and a justice system if the police dont even bother to follow it up?

I dont know if the crime would be treated differently in Canada or not - I've never experienced any crime here (I'm not saying there isnt any before we start heading down that discussion again) but I would imaging it would be taking more serriously.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:51 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by l i s a
Bummer, sorry to hear that

My brother's house was burgled a couple of weeks ago (UK). The police did eventually manage to attend to log what had been taken - my brother had to laugh when the officer was taking down details of the Wii games taken - he said "...and Sonic Olympics" to which the officer replied "oh, I've got that it's good isn't it?" !!!!! He has now got a letter saying there is nothing further that they can do and they are closing the case (wow a whole 2 weeks!)
In fairness to the police, what do you want them to do? Devote their time/efforts in chasing criminals that are unlikely to punished by the courts?
Whats the point?
Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:04 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Well maybe one of the little barstewards was stupid enough to leave fingerprints behind.
Unlikely but to not investigate even simple scene of crime stuff like that is hardly justifiable.

it reminds me of back in my student days when we were broken into and a large amount of our stuff was taken. The police basically told us that any progress ( haha!) on the investigation would not be discussed with us but with our landlord as the crime had been committed against them.

Didn't know enough at the time to argue but it was obvious they didn't want a bunch of pesky students bothering them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.