Reload this Page >

I gotta get out of this country!

I gotta get out of this country!

Old Sep 4th 2008, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

Tabitha 123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile I gotta get out of this country!

Good afternoon everyone,
this is my first post. I live in North Wales and I am a sister on intensive care.I am married with two children, a boy of 11 and a girl of 4mnths. We really want to move to Vancouver and I know with 10yrs icu experience I shouldn't have too many problems getting a job. However husband is a science teacher and it doesn't look like it will be easy for him to get a job.
So, I have joined to find out as much information as possible and meet other nurses/teachers and anyone else to can give me hope that it can happen. Thanks.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 3:26 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I gotta get out of this country!

Hi welcome to BE

Check out the Wiki section http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Category:Canada

Also there is a forum for nurses on BE that might help you, here's the link

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72
Old Sep 4th 2008, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Nursing shouldn't be too bad and a few nurses have already gone this route and took approx 8 months ish to go through process. You will need to apply to the province and meet their requirements for IEN (International Educated Nurse) I am doing it slightly different as hubby has the TWP and I am going through it already having arrived in Canada but know I can not get TWP without a medical but we are planning on getting PR so will apply for jobs later one we hopefully have PR. I think there is a wiki section on teachers but if you are the main applicant your dh should get a open permit by sending in application same time as yours

Welcome
Old Sep 4th 2008, 3:41 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, Tabitha 123, and welcome to the BE forum.

Here are a couple of Wiki articles to supplement the information the other posters have given you:
x
Old Sep 4th 2008, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tabitha,

We see you're in the capable hands of the prior posters so we'll do no more than welcome you to BE and wish you the very best of luck in getting yourselves over here.

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for all your replies!
Old Sep 5th 2008, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Location: We have bought a beautiful house overlooking a lake in High River!
Tamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: I gotta get out of this country!

Good morning!
If you can call it that in this miserable wet country! I live in the same area as you, possibly the same town! We too are 'hopefully' emigrating to Canada, Calgary actually. My husband has a job waiting out there for him which is open until next June. Unfortunately we have had a court battle going on now for 18 months against my ex husband, we basically have to apply to the British courts to remove the children from jurisdiction as their father is opposing the move. It's a long story but thankfully now we are nearing the final day in court!
It maybe worth you taking a look at jobs in Calgary as I know there is a great deal of work there with it being such a quickly developing city. We have been to both Vancouver and Calgary several times now and they are fantasic cities with alot on offer. We can't face bringing the children up in the UK when there is a such better life waiting in Canada for them.
My family, who are in the same profession as you, have now decided to look into working in Canada so I will let you know how they get on.

Lots of luck with your research and let's hope we leave this place very soon!
Old Sep 5th 2008, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Hi Tamsin,
thanks for your reply, what a coincidence. I will look into Calgary, thanks for that. I spoke to a guy from nurse vancouver who said he could get me out there in 6mnths! However our stumbling block is my husbands job as it seems as though Canada just doesn't need teachers. As we have two kids we couldn't go out just on my job and cross our fingers and hope he gets work, we would have to have a job for him to go to. So we are feeling a bit cheesed off and stuck at the moment.
I don't think that the streets are going to be paved in gold in Canada but you don't hear of kids stabbing other kids out there and I worry how things are going to be in this country when my daughter is a teenager. I can't see this country getting any better it is just getting worse!
Good luck with everything.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 9:44 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tabitha 123
you don't hear of kids stabbing other kids out there and I worry how things are going to be in this country when my daughter is a teenager. I can't see this country getting any better it is just getting worse!
Don't be under any illusion that youth crime doesn't exist here too....
Attached Thumbnails I gotta get out of this country!-stabbings.jpg