Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

I became a Canadian today!!!

I became a Canadian today!!!

Old Dec 20th 2009, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

ottawaharvey is a jewel in the roughottawaharvey is a jewel in the roughottawaharvey is a jewel in the roughottawaharvey is a jewel in the roughottawaharvey is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: I became a Canadian today!!!

Originally Posted by TrishB
How 'bout sometime in January - skating on the canal (like 'proper' Canadians ) with drinks/snacks/dinner or sumfink afterwards? Or maybe just drinks/snakcs/dinner
Can I come too? Hubby lands 23 Dec as a PR, the other 3 of us hope to nip across the border and land 24th Dec.

Congrats Trish.

I enjoyed the last get together (all 3 of us!)
Old Dec 20th 2009, 4:34 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Snave
You're on. Now how do we get in touch with Wannabe?
Ta-daa!

Originally Posted by ottawaharvey
Can I come too? Hubby lands 23 Dec as a PR, the other 3 of us hope to nip across the border and land 24th Dec.

Congrats Trish.

I enjoyed the last get together (all 3 of us!)
Dec 23rd is a good day for landing - it's my 4 year Canniversary.

I'm definitely up for a get-together, whether it includes skates or not (I have health insurance! ) First half of January will be pretty busy for me, but anything after that should be fine.

Congrats again, Trish!
Old Dec 20th 2009, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

Gaz67 will become famous soon enoughGaz67 will become famous soon enough

Thank you to all those who offered their congratulations! I wasn't intending for my posting to be taken apart and the semantics and wording to be analysed in such depth.
As I said, I became a Canadian - that does not mean that I totally disregard where I came from or my previous life experiences, but I see it as a way forward into the future.

Here endeth this thread!!
We as a family are going through the process of becoming Canadians its why most of us are on here, i will respect my past and will have some great memories of living in Britain but our future like yours is to live in Canada and become Canajunized my lil baby will grow up with a Canadian accent something which i will be immensely proud of

Gratz to you and your family x

Ignore the negative posters... they make me yawn now
Old Dec 21st 2009, 3:42 am
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Gaz67
Ignore the negative posters... they make me yawn now
LOL
me too
Old Dec 26th 2009, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Dowski is just really niceDowski is just really niceDowski is just really niceDowski is just really niceDowski is just really niceDowski is just really niceDowski is just really niceDowski is just really nice

Much Congrats!
Old Dec 26th 2009, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations, cant wait untill its our turn to apply for citizenship..
scottish by the grace of god, canadian by choice.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
If I had to go to a party full of people I didn't know, I'd rather it was full of Brits than Canadians that's for sure.
I "kinda" agree with this:

If I went to a party full of Brits I'm more likely to end up:
  • totally rat arsed
  • in a fight
  • glassed
  • having had the best laugh of the year
  • having a knee trembler round the back

If I went to a party full of Canadians:
I'm more likely to
  • make it home fairly sober
  • with marrigage intact
  • not needing stitches

So there's lots to be said for Canadian parties!

BTW OP congrats on becoming a REAL Canadian! We're all from somewhere else - even the First Nations (though they came over a few thousand years ago!)
Old Dec 26th 2009, 8:00 pm
Banned

begmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nice

Yaaaaay! The final piece in the immigration jigsaw!!!
How long was the entire process?
Old Dec 27th 2009, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

arabian77 is on a distinguished road

Yaaaaay! The final piece in the immigration jigsaw!!!
Congratulations TrishB from Mr & Mrs Arabian77
Old Dec 27th 2009, 1:29 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Why congratulate? They haven't done anything meritorious.

Here, here, Its like someone giving up the throne to mix with polar bears, or someone leaving Manchester United to play for Blackburn Rovers, does that warrant congratualtions ?

However someone did mention it spells the end of the bureaucratic nightmare so I guess that is something to celebrate. If the op is happy then I am happy for them.
Old Dec 27th 2009, 11:40 pm
BEER Enthusiast

Bleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on being a Canadian, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. People from all over the world would give their right arm for Canadian citizenship, because they know how hard it is to get one. And remember this: nobody who is born here has to work at being a Canadian citizen, we have never passed the test, but YOU did.

You have citizenship, that's good enough for Canada.

Last edited by Bleepedy Bloops; Dec 27th 2009 at 11:45 pm.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 9:10 pm
Banned

begmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bleepedy Bloops
Congrats on being a Canadian, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. People from all over the world would give their right arm for Canadian citizenship, because they know how hard it is to get one. And remember this: nobody who is born here has to work at being a Canadian citizen, we have never passed the test, but YOU did.

You have citizenship, that's good enough for Canada.
Fish & Chips from Hary Ramadan