HR jobs in Ontario

Wikiposts

HR jobs in Ontario

Old Jul 20th 2009, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

FrancoisDublin will become famous soon enough
Default HR jobs in Ontario

Hi all,

Having sent my application for Quebec in early July and waiting for the positive answer (I'm always optimistic! ) that should come quickly I hope, I am in the process of gathering as many information as I can about Ontario/Quebec and especially the region of Ottawa.

I am working as a corporate trainer (in a customer service department specialized in...North American markets yep. I spent the last 10 minutes on the phone with a customer from Quebec for training purposes and our processes are shared with our office in Vancouver), and I used to work as a recruiter, also I will complete this year a CIPD qualification to enhance my HR profile (as training is highly linked to HR) and the goal would be to land an HR or related position when I arrive in a year or two. Oh and I am 100% fluent in English and French.

Now I know that CIPD is not recognized in Canada, and I will certainly register with ASTD (American Society for Training and Development) or similar before my arrival to make my profile more attractive.

But I have several questions that maybe some of you guys can answer:
-what would you recommend me in terms of job search/possible profile developments/ possible part time studies once there?
-Is the region of Ottawa with the Nortel debacle still good for jobs? I know Ontario is suffering but is it really hard?
-Are HR jobs regulated in Ontario ? ( I can't find the website with regulated occupations anymore, must be dumb I know...)

Thanks in advance for your answers and you enjoy your day!
Old Jul 20th 2009, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

FrancoisDublin will become famous soon enough
Default Re: HR jobs in Ontario

HRCP for Ontario seems to be the most common award, however is it mandatory or just recommanded?

Any help will be welcome.