Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

How's Your Hydro?

How's Your Hydro?

Old Apr 7th 2017, 6:53 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How's Your Hydro?

utility companies, what do you say? Bell, Shaw, Bell Alliant, Rogers, the natural gas & electricity providers.... they're all crooks.

Why is it that a customer has to get pi$$ed before the utility company bends or does something to retain a customer.

I'm used to it with internet & phone, but the Natural Gas & it's side service provider is new to me.

I rent my gas water heater (just because) in years past I have had issues with water heaters that I've owned with breakdowns, similar with the gas furnace .

Our current water heater is 12 years old, so I figured 'hey what would the buy-out be?

Looked on-line at the company chart for the buyout price

Armed with that info, a call to the utility. A long discussion with the nice CSR at Enercare, the buyout is $250 + tax

Back & forth her going on about the service protection, free all that it covers, the what-if etc etc.

I then put on the 'whinging' 'what about the cost, the fact that I could have bought two water heaters for what I've paid in rental'

CSR asked if I could hold the line, she came back with a three months free rental. My response was the 'no, it isn't worth it'. On hold again, her come back was six months free rental. Sceptical me 'OK, so does that mean after six months you will just tag that credit back to the water heater rental cost'?

'Absolutely not' you go back to paying what you did before the credit.

OK, so I have $170 + tax credit on the utility gas bill.
Old Apr 7th 2017, 8:59 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Nice job N2O

I take it u pay $20 month rent for the w heater yeh
Old Apr 7th 2017, 9:00 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Nice job N2O

I take it u pay $20 month rent for the w heater yeh

just a bit above that

6 months from now I will try again to see what deal I can get, or maybe wait till January 2018 the buyout price will be lower.

They do the buyout pricing yearly

Last edited by not2old; Apr 7th 2017 at 9:02 pm.