Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

How's about them Blue Jays?

How's about them Blue Jays?

Old May 23rd 2006, 2:15 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How's about them Blue Jays?

Well, back to w*rk after the long weekend. I was at yesterday's game and finally they won one. Having seen Janssen "live" for the first time, I was impressed. I am beginning to think he has a real future in this league. He has the control over his pitches and sequences that usually only come with much more experience. Do we have a "Natural" here?
Old May 23rd 2006, 7:33 pm
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Well, back to w*rk after the long weekend. I was at yesterday's game and finally they won one. Having seen Janssen "live" for the first time, I was impressed. I am beginning to think he has a real future in this league. He has the control over his pitches and sequences that usually only come with much more experience. Do we have a "Natural" here?
Hey Bud
Watched the game online. Was sweating at the end. BJ is awesome. I love his swagger and attitude.
Janssen pitched when we went against the Angels and the OH's cousin, who knows his baseball said pretty much as you did. He thinks he could be the real deal.
WTF happened in CO? Was it a case of struggling with the thinner air? I read that Lilly was struggling with his pitches as a result of the change. Anyway need three from TB coz we got Wsox n Bosox next!!
Old May 24th 2006, 2:41 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Hey Bud
Watched the game online. Was sweating at the end. BJ is awesome. I love his swagger and attitude.
Janssen pitched when we went against the Angels and the OH's cousin, who knows his baseball said pretty much as you did. He thinks he could be the real deal.
WTF happened in CO? Was it a case of struggling with the thinner air? I read that Lilly was struggling with his pitches as a result of the change. Anyway need three from TB coz we got Wsox n Bosox next!!
I didn't see any of the games in Colorado...not on TV and/or too late with the time difference, but basically poor (terrible) pitching plus unfamiliarity with the stadium. Apparently its about 360 feet down both lines, which makes for huge gaps in the outfield. The home team kept banging flyballs into those gaps.

Doc + BJ combo last night (sounds filthy doesn't it?). We're hanging in there.
Old May 24th 2006, 11:40 pm
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

I didn't see any of the games in Colorado...not on TV and/or too late with the time difference, but basically poor (terrible) pitching plus unfamiliarity with the stadium. Apparently its about 360 feet down both lines, which makes for huge gaps in the outfield. The home team kept banging flyballs into those gaps.

Doc + BJ combo last night (sounds filthy doesn't it?). We're hanging in there.
Enough's enough.
Towers just been yanked in the 2nd. I suppose it had come. He's become a liability.
Need the bats to break out now!!
Old May 25th 2006, 8:50 am
Kelly

Bleedin hell

Did the hard work to come back and then crap pitching again cost us late on.
Have we swept anybody yet. I suupose that goes out to you Novo as nobody else seems to give a f..k!!!!
Old May 25th 2006, 2:23 pm
Born again atheist

Bleedin hell

Did the hard work to come back and then crap pitching again cost us late on.
Have we swept anybody yet. I suupose that goes out to you Novo as nobody else seems to give a f..k!!!!
No they haven't swept a series yet...the best run was the 3-1 series against Anaheim.

You'll have read by now that Towers and Russ Adams have been dispatched to the AAA team. Someone on the radio called Josh "Fawlty Towers" this morning. That sounds about right. I was a bit surprised about Adams though. The word is that McDonald will come in in the short term while Aaron Hill trains at shortstop. Then they'll swap. We'll see. I think we now need another infielder.
Old May 25th 2006, 4:22 pm
Kelly

No they haven't swept a series yet...the best run was the 3-1 series against Anaheim.

You'll have read by now that Towers and Russ Adams have been dispatched to the AAA team. Someone on the radio called Josh "Fawlty Towers" this morning. That sounds about right. I was a bit surprised about Adams though. The word is that McDonald will come in in the short term while Aaron Hill trains at shortstop. Then they'll swap. We'll see. I think we now need another infielder.
Novo

Adams was a bit of a surprise but to be fair his defence this year has been terrible. Good to see Hill breaking out with the bat ad Rios just keeps going. Head of the AL now i batting average.

How do you think we'll cope with the WSox? Speaking of which......did you see the brawl from last weekend. It was so funny Can't see that happening in cricket can you

Whereabouts in TO are you?

Drew
Old May 25th 2006, 7:16 pm
Born again atheist

Novo

Adams was a bit of a surprise but to be fair his defence this year has been terrible. Good to see Hill breaking out with the bat ad Rios just keeps going. Head of the AL now i batting average.

Whereabouts in TO are you?

Drew
Yes, his defence has been poor and he's only been batting 248 or something. But McDonald isn't going to hit for more and who knows what moving Hill to shortstop is going to do to his confidence if he makes a few mistakes. They are both just young 'uns. As you said upthread, if Towers had gone 5-5 instead of 1-8 they'd be leadinbg the division right now, errors or not from Adams.

I live in Richmond Hill. Where are you looking at when you get back?
Old May 25th 2006, 8:10 pm
Kelly

Yes, his defence has been poor and he's only been batting 248 or something. But McDonald isn't going to hit for more and who knows what moving Hill to shortstop is going to do to his confidence if he makes a few mistakes. They are both just young 'uns. As you said upthread, if Towers had gone 5-5 instead of 1-8 they'd be leadinbg the division right now, errors or not from Adams.

I live in Richmond Hill. Where are you looking at when you get back?

Whenever we sell the house mate.
Not much sign of that happening yet. The say the housing market is taking off again over here. Not up here matey!!!

I agree with your sentiment on Adams. It's poor pitching and bad luck that means we're not at the top of the division. We have been struggling leaving runners on base as well. I just hope we can get the rotation settled, and if we can stay in touch until then, then I'm convinced that we'll make the playoffs. These next two series are huge.

Drew
Old May 26th 2006, 2:59 am
Born again atheist

Whenever we sell the house mate.
Not much sign of that happening yet. The say the housing market is taking off again over here. Not up here matey!!!

I agree with your sentiment on Adams. It's poor pitching and bad luck that means we're not at the top of the division. We have been struggling leaving runners on base as well. I just hope we can get the rotation settled, and if we can stay in touch until then, then I'm convinced that we'll make the playoffs. These next two series are huge.

Drew
Hang on. I see Barrie bound in your sig. Why? Have you a job up there?
Old May 26th 2006, 4:25 pm
Born again atheist

Hey drew, they've signed Alfonzo, a vet 2nd base gold glover, to a minor league contract. He's probably over the hill but if he can start hitting again he could help out.

Here are his stats...

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/p...ayer_id=110135
Old May 26th 2006, 7:19 pm
Kelly

Hang on. I see Barrie bound in your sig. Why? Have you a job up there?
Nah

We choose Barrie. It seemed the logical choice. OH's family.....well most of them.....are there. We've been four times since we decided to move and we love it. The East end, where hopefully we'll be settling is beautiful.

You been up there?
Old May 26th 2006, 7:23 pm
Kelly

Hey drew, they've signed Alfonzo, a vet 2nd base gold glover, to a minor league contract. He's probably over the hill but if he can start hitting again he could help out.

Here are his stats...

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/p...ayer_id=110135
Novo

Oh's cousin was quite enthusiastic about the signing. To average 280 is not too shoddy at all.
I have a feeling we're gonna do the WS tonight.

Cheers
Drew
Old May 26th 2006, 7:41 pm
Born again atheist

Novo

Oh's cousin was quite enthusiastic about the signing. To average 280 is not too shoddy at all.
I have a feeling we're gonna do the WS tonight.

Cheers
Drew
I dunno about that. Garcia is 7-1 with an ERA of one point something. And we've got Ted Lilly.

Yea, I've been up to Barrie several times. It's fine, but a helluva commute to the GTA if that's where you find work. First things first, eh? Sell that house mate.
Old May 26th 2006, 8:58 pm
Kelly

I dunno about that. Garcia is 7-1 with an ERA of one point something. And we've got Ted Lilly.

Yea, I've been up to Barrie several times. It's fine, but a helluva commute to the GTA if that's where you find work. First things first, eh? Sell that house mate.
I know the form points to Garcia but I just think the bats might have a big night.

We hope to find work in the Barrie area. Kell's cousin works downtown TO and his commute is a t..t!!!! Having travelled there up the 400 on a Friday afternoon it's not something I want to experience on a daily basis.
Where in the UK are you from?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.