Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

how the you guys do it???

Wikiposts

how the you guys do it???

Old Mar 13th 2008, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

fozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant future
Default how the you guys do it???

Hi Guys,

I have just posted my application off to Alberta board of Nursing,two weeks ago, been offered a job in Edmonton.

Can anyone offer advice on how to help pass the time waitng on a descision.

Every day is feeling like a week, our whole life is talking about Canda or researching it.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

fozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant future
Default Re: how the you guys do it???

Sorry for the typo. xx
Old Mar 13th 2008, 8:19 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Read the Departure To Do List. That'll keep you out of mischief.
x
Old Mar 13th 2008, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Alcohol??
Old Mar 13th 2008, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

That sounds like a good idea.

Such a long process may have a problem at the end of it.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Judy, have this list printed out, just waiting on approval now.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all

Hi Fozzy

waiting for CARNA felt like one of the longest 14 weeks of our life, mostly because Calgary health reckoned OH wouldn't get approved. I felt like a bit of a fraud feeling like that knowing that people wait 30 or more weeks for an LMO alone not to mention the whole SW thing.

We are likely to land in June or July and only started seriously trying in November so all in all we are pretty grateful but it still feels like hell getting through the days and weeks.

If it wasn't for this place I'd be a loony (ok more of a loony)

Cheers
Tom
Old Mar 13th 2008, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

I know,

every night I sit reading other peoples threads, so much info.

Congrats on going soon. I will fly in now you have been approved.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all

only real hold up now is the kids passports need renewing so need to do that before applying for TWPs but yup looking good for June so need to start the real hard stuff sorting, packing, taking care of all the things you put off till later.

All good fun though
Old Mar 13th 2008, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

That will be the best and the worst part I imagine, deciding what to take what not to take.

Goodbyes.

The kids changing thier minds.etc
Old Mar 13th 2008, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

kids are 5 and 3 so they change their mind from minute to minute Abby says she is ok with Canada but she doesn't think she'll bother with their schools Ross just wants to play Hockey.

We are living in a rented house so we have most of our stuff is still in boxes from the last move its just a matter of what's going and what we really don't need.

Not many goodbyes thankfully I have no family here but OH is an only child and therefore the only grandkids. That's going to be tough I think.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Rhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud of

Hi Fozzy

Originally took a job (RN) with Capital Health via Geneva Health Recruitment, did a reccy trip but we didn't like Edmonton, Geneva Health said they could get me a post in Calgary Health Region and we were so happy, we loved Calgary but Geneva Health didnt come through with their offer and I applied independently to David Thompson Health Region and I secured a job in Red Deer. I had my telephone interview 18th dec 2007, LMO came through 12th January 2008, we applied concurrently with LMO and got medical request through on 28th January, medical 14th February, we got the letter confirming TWP last Thursday. So Red Deer here we come!!

Carna seem really efficient, the contact I was given to keep up with things was Lacey Daley she has been fab
Old Mar 13th 2008, 10:54 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fozzy33
Hi Guys,

I have just posted my application off to Alberta board of Nursing,two weeks ago, been offered a job in Edmonton.

Can anyone offer advice on how to help pass the time waitng on a descision.

Every day is feeling like a week, our whole life is talking about Canda or researching it.
Sorry ... this did raise a wry smile when compared to the wait most people have, especially tose going the skilled workers route! You'll hardly have time to get everything sorted!!!!!
Old Mar 13th 2008, 11:48 am
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Sorry ... this did raise a wry smile when compared to the wait most people have, especially tose going the skilled workers route! You'll hardly have time to get everything sorted!!!!!
yep the normal people get to wait 2-3 years as skilled worker
Old Mar 13th 2008, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

getoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
Alcohol??
Works a treat...!