Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

How to watch UK I'm A Celebrity 2015 in Canada?

How to watch UK I'm A Celebrity 2015 in Canada?

Old Nov 18th 2015, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Minstrels87 has a reputation beyond reputeMinstrels87 has a reputation beyond reputeMinstrels87 has a reputation beyond reputeMinstrels87 has a reputation beyond reputeMinstrels87 has a reputation beyond reputeMinstrels87 has a reputation beyond reputeMinstrels87 has a reputation beyond reputeMinstrels87 has a reputation beyond reputeMinstrels87 has a reputation beyond reputeMinstrels87 has a reputation beyond reputeMinstrels87 has a reputation beyond repute
Default How to watch UK I'm A Celebrity 2015 in Canada?

Hello Everyone: Firstly I know this is a bit of a sad kipperish thing to want to spend time doing, I hold my hand up and freely admit it! Over the past 3 years we have enjoyed watching "I'm a celebrity" via Youtube, however that avenue of pleasure has been stopped this year, I imagine due to copyright issues ( I know that there is now an official "highlight's" Youtube channel, but that is just torture, we need full episodes to fully wallow in all it's glory!).

I have tried to persuade my other half to sign up for some kind of expat telly service but he is very skeptical as he doesn't want to bugger up our Apple T.V. or computers (we are a Mac household).

So my question is are services like "UK Proxy.tv" or "My expat telly" any good, safe etc.,? Is anyone on here using them to watch "I'm a Celeb 2015"?

We are normally very patient and wait in an orderly fashion for UK shows we like to come on PBS, BBC etc., but this one is different it needs to be savoured as it is shown in the UK!

Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 18th 2015, 9:13 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to watch UK I'm A Celebrity 2015 in Canada?

Originally Posted by Minstrels87
So my question is are services like "UK Proxy.tv" or "My expat telly" any good, safe etc.,? Is anyone on here using them to watch "I'm a Celeb 2015"?
I think about 92.71% are using a variety of means for watching UKTV.

I have MediaHint as an add-on to Firefox which is great for BBC/ITV (and others) live or iPlayer catch-up stuff.

There are a fair number of threads but I'm sure you'll get plenty of suggestions.
Old Nov 18th 2015, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I think about 92.71% are using a variety of means for watching UKTV.

I have MediaHint as an add-on to Firefox which is great for BBC/ITV (and others) live or iPlayer catch-up stuff.

There are a fair number of threads but I'm sure you'll get plenty of suggestions.
I use the same add ons that Bristol uses and they work for me.

I must say that I admire you for having the guts to stick your heads above the parapet to admit to liking such narcissistic drivel but we all have shows that we like that others don't understand the appeal of.

PM me if you need a UK post code to input on the ITV Player that will fool the ITV website into thinking you still live in the UK. Not all post codes work for some reason based on the IP address you are using in Canada.

This website suggests using the ITV HQ post code.

https://myexpatnetworkltd.zendesk.co...on-of-Location
Old Nov 18th 2015, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

We use UnoTelly DNS.

Either on a SmartTV, on a PC or using a Roku media player.

The Roku works better on the SmartTV than the SmartTV does on its own....

Using a SmartTV or a media player usually requires the DNS to be set at router level.
Old Nov 18th 2015, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

russjp will become famous soon enoughrussjp will become famous soon enough

FilmOn.com -its free to watch and you can record up to 10 hours of UKTV for $9-99USD a month - either watch it directly on your laptop or hook it up to your tv
Old Nov 19th 2015, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

Minstrels87 has a reputation beyond reputeMinstrels87 has a reputation beyond reputeMinstrels87 has a reputation beyond reputeMinstrels87 has a reputation beyond reputeMinstrels87 has a reputation beyond reputeMinstrels87 has a reputation beyond reputeMinstrels87 has a reputation beyond reputeMinstrels87 has a reputation beyond reputeMinstrels87 has a reputation beyond reputeMinstrels87 has a reputation beyond reputeMinstrels87 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the helpful advice everyone. I guess we are just concerned about getting scammed and crashing our computers but clearly are probably just behind the times and should just dive in. Too many years spent patiently waiting for PBS to deliver what they feel like when they feel like it!

& yes I know it's a totally awful show on every level, maybe that's it's charm, surely there is someone else on here who likes it too!!
Old Nov 19th 2015, 12:44 am
Just Joined

Mellios is an unknown quantity at this point

I use Hola, an add on for Chrome. Once it's running you just go to the ITV player and it plays right on the laptop. You could also buy a Chromecast and send it straight to the telly if you like too.
Old Nov 19th 2015, 1:37 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a laptop or computer running vista or higher then download a program called Kodi. Google for an addon called Genesis and install into kodi.
Search within the TV Show for what you want and watch within 24 hours for free.
You'll need to connect the computer to the TV with an hdmi or vga cable but you get a huge selection of tv shows and latest films. All free. Dont need VPN or DNS.
You can download for later viewing or watch on demand. Will be watching celebrity tonight.
Or just watch on the computer, since it doesn't cost anything give it a try.

Last edited by dave_j; Nov 19th 2015 at 1:44 am.
Old Nov 19th 2015, 1:56 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
PM me if you need a UK post code to input on the ITV Player that will fool the ITV website into thinking you still live in the UK. Not all post codes work for some reason based on the IP address you are using in Canada.
That's interesting. Although I did register using my old postcode, I'm never signed in to watch so no postcode is used. I only watch ITV live (the odd football or rugby WC). Since Benidorm finished I've not watched anything already broadcast.

Some months ago the site insisted I disable adblocker to watch - no big deal temporarily - but it doesn't even do that now. Nor that brief commercial upon connecting either.
Old Nov 19th 2015, 2:26 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I just use this, nothing to add on, download or pay for and no VPN peer-to-peer network (unlike Hola). You do have to watch it live (option to pay if you wish to record) but I mainly watch later in the day so it suits me.

Camposat.Tv (they use filmon as their stream I believe)

Last edited by Siouxie; Nov 19th 2015 at 2:51 am.
Old Nov 19th 2015, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Another vote for Filmon. Used it here in Philippines for over two years. download virtually all the UK programmes we want and watch them later. Never had a problem other than an occasional slowdown in download speed and that's probably due to the rubbish internet here. Worth every cent of the $9.99/month as many of the programmes we like never get onto the torrent sites.
Old Nov 19th 2015, 3:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by withabix
We use UnoTelly DNS.

Either on a SmartTV, on a PC or using a Roku media player.

The Roku works better on the SmartTV than the SmartTV does on its own....

Using a SmartTV or a media player usually requires the DNS to be set at router level.
We have a Roku, and its very good, I used it to watch GBBO, sad, I know!!
Old Nov 19th 2015, 5:01 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tootlepootle
We have a Roku, and its very good, I used it to watch GBBO, sad, I know!!
I streamed that on Kodi on my PC- God I must be sad too
Old Nov 19th 2015, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
I streamed that on Kodi on my PC- God I must be sad too
Good for you, acceptance of being so sad is the first step towards getting help....😉
Old Nov 20th 2015, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone, I will share this buffet of info with my better half at the weekend and hopefully we will find a solution he likes the look of!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.