Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

how to watch top gear...

how to watch top gear...

Old Feb 8th 2013, 2:47 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how to watch top gear...

Okay....click here for the latest Bones -shown 4 Feb.

scroll down to click Season 8 episode 14.

Ignore HD Sponsor. There are over 30 links.

Sockshare, Putlocker ones are best, usually. Just click on one, let's say version two. Click the free user option.

Then scroll down to Download File and click.

Box comes up and save it to somewhere like desktop.

The box just told me 16 minutes but it quickly counts down.

How long it takes will depend on time of day, but you'll get a quality copy when it's all done.

If it really does take 16 minutes, you'll find you can do maybe 2 or 3 episodes at a time in a total of 25 minutes.

I don't know how it works how to get it but there is this thing called Internet Download Manager - Mrs B does that sort of thing for me. It seems to speed up the process as well as enabling a download that otherwise has to be paid for or isn't on that particular link.

Once the download is going, you can close the page relating to the episode/movie.

Dunno if you're familiar with IMDB, but 1channel has a couple of similar features. It suggests similar shows/movies (though they may not really be similar) and you can click on director and actor names and you'll get stuff on the site that they were in or directed.

Anyway, just try that episode of Bones.

Last edited by BristolUK; Feb 8th 2013 at 3:05 am.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 2:47 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Thanks, w e currently stream everything but I want some downloaded stuff for those non I ternet moments.
See above.

Oh yeah....the comments lower down the page will give info sometimes. If it's not English, for example, there may be a comment to say which one has subtitles.

There's also a quality guide. Look for the dvd high quality one.

Last edited by BristolUK; Feb 8th 2013 at 2:55 am.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 6:40 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
See above.

Oh yeah....the comments lower down the page will give info sometimes. If it's not English, for example, there may be a comment to say which one has subtitles.

There's also a quality guide. Look for the dvd high quality one.
Cheerzs
Old Feb 8th 2013, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

allycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to download TV Shows and watch them later then you will need a bit torrent client on your PC I use UTorrent. http://www.utorrent.com/ A good site i use for TV Shows is http://www.eztv.it

There are plenty of sites that will help you set it up, youtube is a good one. Unless you have a friend who is a bit of a Geek who can help you?
Old Feb 8th 2013, 11:22 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kb33
I use the www.thebox.bz if you pm me you're email addy I will send you an invite. Not sure what an invite does but I have nine to use

Old episodes here http://www.finalgear.com/shows/topgear/18/
Registrations to the site are usually closed, probably to stop leechers, and so invites are usually the only way others can join up.

There are various other sites that could well have top gear; kat.ph and eztv.it being the ones I have heard favourable things about
Old Feb 8th 2013, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Originally Posted by sharkus
Registrations to the site are usually closed, probably to stop leechers, and so invites are usually the only way others can join up.

There are various other sites that could well have top gear; kat.ph and eztv.it being the ones I have heard favourable things about

As I said I have 9 invites if anyone wants to PM me an Email Addy
Old Feb 9th 2013, 2:11 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by allycat231
If you want to download TV Shows and watch them later then you will need a bit torrent client on your PC
Not if your downloads are not torrent related. I have at least 160 movies & TV episodes of various series to get around to. Things like current series Utopia, movies like Skyfall, Bourne, Zero Dark Thirty, that Stephen Fry thing that was on at xmas....

Not one is a torrent.

Lately I've been downloading faster than I can watch stuff.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Monique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to behold

if people want to download current Top Gear episodes and are not members of The Box, then just go to thepiratebay.com, some lovely person has taken the time to convert to MP4 (for Apple devices) and Xvid....if u have slow internet then head to your closest McDonalds, treat ya self to a cup of tea and a Muffin for $1.49 and use their free wifi!!....if you don't know how to torrent, then some other lovely helpdul people have uploaded loads of tutorials on youtube!!!
Old Feb 9th 2013, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Monique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Converting files is faffing. In this day and age you should expect media players do have the right codecs.

VLC plays "EVERYTHING" its a lovely "free" piece of that is very safe and did I mention free!!
Old Feb 9th 2013, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute

Join a TV torrent site(free,do NOT pay!) try this site,and read the reviews first!

http://www.torrent-invites.com/

I use a seedbox based in Canada funnily enough(online storage for a small monthly fee)

I simply have my PC plugged into the back of my TV via a 5mtr HDMI cable,no pissing about with anything at all,no converting,etc..no 'SPECIAL' TV,adapters,or players! Simply download,and watch,the way I have done it for years!
I did until recently run the HDMI cable from my PC into a 7.1,1000w surround decoder,it was AMAZING,but is good through the TV also.

VLC media player will play almost ANYTHING that you throw at it without any problems,again NO converting,etc... And as someone else said,it is free!

I avoid sites like TPB(Pirate bay) etc..as there are a lot of fakes,and poor quality copies on these sites,where someone uploading crap onto an invite site could be banned,meaning no waste of downloading.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scootb

I avoid sites like TPB(Pirate bay) etc..as there are a lot of fakes,and poor quality copies on these sites,where someone uploading crap onto an invite site could be banned,meaning no waste of downloading.
i've never had an issue with downloading anything with a virus, or bad quality/torrent....I always look for the same capper/uploader his torrents always have (ettv) after his torrent tittle....I also look at size of the file....any US show like Dallas or Greys in Xvid format is around 340 meg....a Top Gear is always around 450 meg....the torrent with loads of seeders is always (99%) a good torrent!!
Old Feb 9th 2013, 3:23 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

VLC is good, but it's a bit crap for running on a TV. The best thing for that is windows media centre with the shark codecs installed, or something like XMBC/Plex on a mac.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

SambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond repute

Those who want Sky News can stream it for free on Xbox 360 using Xbox Live
Old Feb 9th 2013, 4:01 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SambaDeAmigo
Those who want Sky News can stream it for free on Xbox 360 using Xbox Live
Does free = paying microsoft for the privilege?
Old Feb 9th 2013, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute

I have never found VLC to be crappy on a TV mate,and I batter it into a 42" HDTV,my old neighbour used VLC also onto his 50" plasma TV,again with no issues.
I don't bother with xvid anymore,mkv files are better quality for both video,and audio!
Even playing HD episodes,and HD movies I have never found VLC to be 'crappy' on a TV,have you tried it via an HDMI cable,and 'setting your resolution via desktop management?'

Windows media player is still unstable with HD quality files,however windows media player classic manages most files fine,but again requires codec packs,which VLC does not.KM player is another free alternative that will play almost everything without the need to install codecs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.