Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

How temporary is a TWP

How temporary is a TWP

Old Jan 26th 2009, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

Nibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to all
Arrow How temporary is a TWP

I am in discussions to transfer from the uk arm of my company to Toronto. It is looking likely I will have to resign from uk and sign in Canada. I will be on a TWP so am nervous that government rules can change and I could lose TWP and my job and home as a result. I will clearly be applying for PR asap but would my TWP be permanent while I was with my employer or could I lose it before PR?

Thanks

Julie
Old Jan 26th 2009, 10:48 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How temporary is a TWP

I don't think a TWP can be revoked, it is valid for the length of time stated on it - obviously the rules could change and then you'd need to meet those conditions at renewal time.... If you got a two year TWP though, you should be able to get PR through in this time....
Old Jan 26th 2009, 10:49 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G77
I don't think a TWP can be revoked, it is valid for the length of time stated on it - obviously the rules could change and then you'd need to meet those conditions at renewal time.... If you got a two year TWP though, you should be able to get PR through in this time....
You can be sacked/made redundant when your on a TWP though.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

Nibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by G77
Great thanks
Old Jan 26th 2009, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Thanks for that cheery thought!
Old Jan 26th 2009, 10:53 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nibbles2005
Thanks for that cheery thought!
LOL - Just telling it as it is! Where in West Sussex are you?
Old Jan 26th 2009, 10:53 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, that's the biggest risk/worry.... keeps me awake at night sometimes.... I really should start that PR application....
Old Jan 26th 2009, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by G77
Yes, that's the biggest risk/worry.... keeps me awake at night sometimes.... I really should start that PR application....
You can apply with AOE now - should speed you through at a fast rate....of course I have known this for a year and a half now and still haven't sent my docs in....
Old Jan 26th 2009, 10:59 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

You can apply with AOE now - should speed you through at a fast rate....of course I have known this for a year and a half now and still haven't sent my docs in....
Yea I know.... I've spent 4 months thinking about it so far....
Old Jan 26th 2009, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by G77
Yea I know.... I've spent 4 months thinking about it so far....
Ahh we are a productive pair aren't we!! Must be the stress of all the planning to get out here - makes us allergic to filling out more paperwork!
Old Jan 26th 2009, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

LOL - Just telling it as it is! Where in West Sussex are you?
Haywards Heath
Old Jan 26th 2009, 11:19 pm

Haywards Heath
Ahh! We are from Horsham and MIL is over near you!
Old Jan 26th 2009, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

Ahh! We are from Horsham and MIL is over near you!
Who is MIL?

Maybe we could share experiences over a coffee locally if they are going through the same?

You glad you did it?
Old Jan 26th 2009, 11:25 pm

Who is MIL?

Maybe we could share experiences over a coffee locally if they are going through the same?

You glad you did it?
Mother-in-law!

I am 110% happy that we did the big move. Canada beats West Sussex hands down every time! How long till you get out here?
Old Jan 26th 2009, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Mother-in-law!

I am 110% happy that we did the big move. Canada beats West Sussex hands down every time! How long till you get out here?
Should be there by May this year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.