British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   How is the NS weather looking? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/how-ns-weather-looking-324364/)

liftman Sep 5th 2005 11:58 pm

How is the NS weather looking?

Knowing that the locals always know first, how does the weather look for Spetember 22 to October 6?

The family holidays are drawing near and I am just trying to get some feel for the trend!

andy_sheila Sep 6th 2005 12:11 am

Re: How is the NS weather looking?

Originally Posted by liftman
Knowing that the locals always know first, how does the weather look for Spetember 22 to October 6?

The family holidays are drawing near and I am just trying to get some feel for the trend!

It's impossible to predict that far ahead but at the moment we are having lovely sunny days (one day last week it was 96) but the nights are starting to get cooler. This is in the Annapolis valley, i understand that it varies a lot on the South Shore. Corky will probably tell you more about how it is there.
HTH

Corky Sep 6th 2005 12:37 am

Hi Andy and Lifty
Yes the weather is really lovely.....best time of the year! It is pretty much the same on the South shore as the valley!

shell&jim Sep 6th 2005 11:32 am

The weather in October in NS is apparently going to be bad according to Canadian Affair, they have cancelled all flights out of Halifax after the 4th... absolutely no idea how they can predict that far ahead, but that was the official line given to me when we rang up to confirm our return flight on 11th October. See my previous thread below:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=323635

A load of cobblers if you ask me, just an excuse to finish their loss making business from NS early.

J

third time lucky Sep 6th 2005 7:05 pm

If you check www.theweathernetwork.com it can give you up to a 14 day advance forcast for various places in N.S.

andy_sheila Sep 6th 2005 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by third time lucky
If you check www.theweathernetwork.com it can give you up to a 14 day advance forcast for various places in N.S.

Great link, thanks. it looks like Middleton is in for a stormy time though, starting on the 1st of October !!! :rolleyes:

liftman Sep 6th 2005 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by shell&jim
The weather in October in NS is apparently going to be bad according to Canadian Affair, they have cancelled all flights out of Halifax after the 4th... absolutely no idea how they can predict that far ahead, but that was the official line given to me when we rang up to confirm our return flight on 11th October. See my previous thread below:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=323635

A load of cobblers if you ask me, just an excuse to finish their loss making business from NS early.

J

Thats interesting Shell&jim!

i am booked out of Halifax to LGW on the 6th arriving the 7th October. I have checked and they are still running that flight (I also have itinery from C Affair)

Hope they change my flights so I can stay longer!

andy_sheila Sep 6th 2005 11:06 pm

Thats interesting Shell&jim!

i am booked out of Halifax to LGW on the 6th arriving the 7th October. I have checked and they are still running that flight (I also have itinery from C Affair)

Hope they change my flights so I can stay longer!

I would double check, then triple check if i were you, when i phoned them last week they told me they were definately stopping flights on the 4th.
As much as you wan't to stay longer, i'm sure you wouldn't want to be stranded here.
btw, if you get up to the valley, drop in for a :beer:

liftman Sep 6th 2005 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
I would double check, then triple check if i were you, when i phoned them last week they told me they were definately stopping flights on the 4th.
As much as you wan't to stay longer, i'm sure you wouldn't want to be stranded here.

A bit late tonight! (12.20AM)

Checked the website and they are still taking bookings for the return on the 6th to Gatwick, but the last one to manchester is on the 4th!

Checked again and it seems that the flight to the UK on the 6th might be the last one!

liftman Sep 6th 2005 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by andy_sheila

sent you a PM