Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

How long does it take for PR card to come?

How long does it take for PR card to come?

Old Jul 15th 2007, 1:40 pm
The Cookie Monsters

landhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant future
Default How long does it take for PR card to come?

After landing etc, how long does it actually take for your PR card to come through?

Our Visas run out May 08 so we have to land on/before this date and then possibly return for a few weeks to tie up loose ends in the UK. Will they send to a temporary or even a UK address to enable re-entry?

Read lots on here about it but can't find a comprehensive answer.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 2:25 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long does it take for PR card to come?

Originally Posted by landhouse
After landing etc, how long does it actually take for your PR card to come through?

Our Visas run out May 08 so we have to land on/before this date and then possibly return for a few weeks to tie up loose ends in the UK. Will they send to a temporary or even a UK address to enable re-entry?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...in.asp#pr_card

30 days normally. They will send to a Canadian address (except perhaps one in Quebec if you are not Quebec selected). Temporary address (residential) is ok, UK address is not.

Bear in mind that in some cases the photos aren't acceptable and you are then asked to turn up to a CIC office to have new ones taken.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 2:38 pm
The Cookie Monsters

landhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant future

Thanks very much
Old Jul 15th 2007, 6:18 pm
long hard slog...done it

SpeC will become famous soon enoughSpeC will become famous soon enough

Hello,
Our's arrived at the Canadian address we supplied 2 weeks after we landed, the hotel then forwarded them on to us at our UK address.

From what I've read on this forum and my own experience, there normally much quicker than the PR process itself.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 6:28 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Hi 3 of ours took 3 wks and 1 took 3 mths, no explanation.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

anona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the rough

We received ours (family of 5) after 3 weeks.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

Mystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really nice

Hi there

I received mine just over 8 months after landing and living in Canada. As quoted above, no explanation.

Phil
Old Jul 16th 2007, 6:57 pm
The Cookie Monsters

So no clear timeframe then!

Have to make some frends when we recce out there who may be willing to post on to us... wherever we end up!
Old Jul 16th 2007, 7:00 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

So no clear timeframe then!

Have to make some frends when we recce out there who may be willing to post on to us... wherever we end up!
Where you planning on landing?
Old Jul 16th 2007, 7:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Ours turned up at a friend's address in about 3 weeks. We just waited 'till I was out there again to collect them in person. If you do get someone to post them back to you in the UK, make sure it is via a proper registered postal system.

You don't 'need' them get back in to Canada (Your passport already has all the required info). However, we were asked for ours at passport control - and because I had obtained them on my house-buying trip from our friends, I was able to dig them out of our hand luggage upon request.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 7:19 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

We landed in Calgary last sept, came back to Canada April 07 and at checkin at Manchester, they asked for PR cards before they would let us check in,thats because we had one way tickets. Also had to show them when i arrive in Vancouver.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 7:28 pm
The Cookie Monsters

That's our concern really that we won't be able to get back in, there seems such differing tales.

We're off to NS, landing in Halifax.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:25 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

That's our concern really that we won't be able to get back in, there seems such differing tales.

We're off to NS, landing in Halifax.
Someone i know has recently just landed at Buffalo and they were going to use someone elses address for PR cards, and the address was in a different province. They were also returning to UK to sell up and Buffalo refused to allow them to use the address provided for PR cards, but allowed them to use it for goods to follow And yet Calgary were great with us, had no problems at all, mind we didn't say we were going to be living on VI If i was you i would PM someone in NS and ask them how they got on there.
GOOD LUCK Sans
Old Jul 17th 2007, 2:13 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sans
We landed in Calgary last sept, came back to Canada April 07 and at checkin at Manchester, they asked for PR cards before they would let us check in,thats because we had one way tickets.
What airline was that with?

Also had to show them when i arrive in Vancouver.
You would have been let in without them.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 3:05 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by JAJ
What airline was that with?

You would have been let in without them.
April 07 i flew from Manchester to Vancouver with Air Transit on a one way ticket. OH flew from Manchester to Vancouver with Monarch 2 wks before me, and they checked his PR too, on his arrival at Vancouver they checked his PR status again but also wanted a list of everything he had bought in UK since he'd left Canada last October after landing (They didn't ask me) this. They also said that since we had landed previously, we were classed as permenent residents of Canada, even tho we had returned to the UK we were no longer classed as british residents. The Visa's you recieve to land with expire after one use, after that you need PR cards. Or you need to get a Visa from CHC London in which you have to pay for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.