Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

how long does post take to get to uk

how long does post take to get to uk

Old Jan 30th 2013, 4:42 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how long does post take to get to uk

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass
I paid $35 to have my police checks sent to the UK for a friend to sign. They were sent the equivalent of recorded delivery (where she had to sign for them and I could track)

It took 7 weeks to get there... Unbelievable. The post here is a nightmare.

I sent my dad a present in December. It still hasn't got there yet.

I wouldn't worry too much yet.
I sent three parcels before the last suggested mailing date for Airmail for Christmas, two went surface as they were just were odds and sods, and one went by Air, the one by air arrived in time for Christmas, one surface one arrived last week, the other is still in transit. Canada Posts suggested delivery times are just that, suggested.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 2:25 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

I've usually found mail takes less than 2 weeks either direction.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Did you send the present by surface? Correct postage? I really don't see how those timescales are possible?
Err yes. Both were taken to my local post office and weighed and they put the postage on for me and I paid!

Old Feb 1st 2013, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

shazza69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Panic over they have finally arrived, yet the tracking is still saying they are at the airport....
Old Feb 1st 2013, 9:53 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah it all just sits at the airport in the back of a warehouse.

I don't know if you've ever been down to Heathrow to fetch something that's arrived from outside the EU but OMG it is like torture.

So you get there, first you have to go the carrier and stand in line to get a copy of the air waybill.

So then you take that to the Customs house, and sit there for ages until you can see someone from HMRC who calculates how much tax is due on your shipment. Then he gives you the bill.

Then you stand in another line for ages to pay the cashier.

Then with the receipt you can get the release, so you go back to the carrier and wait for ages for someone to process the release.

Then you get to stand in a warehouse for ages waiting for someone to find your package.

It really is like medieval torture. Whenever anyone suggests the UK should leave the EU, I tell them this story.
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

CanadianDreams is an unknown quantity at this point

Post is shockingly slow and shit And unpredictable.........I paid $35 for a parcel to go airmail, quoted 1-2 weeks it took 4 weeks!!! And at Christmas sending cards home some arrived within a few days some took 3 weeks to arrive!!
Hope they arrive soon!!