British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   How long did you wait to get your passports back? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/how-long-did-you-wait-get-your-passports-back-663226/)

destinationnovascotia Apr 9th 2010 2:31 am

How long did you wait to get your passports back?

We sent our passports to London on March 22nd by courier and they arrived at the CHC London on March 24th.

If anyone else has recieved passports back lately I was wondering how long it is taking at the moment for passports to be returned. I know that they quote 6 weeks but I was hoping that it would be less as we only have until May 16th to land.

We are in Canada and I need to request a weekend off work for a flagpolling trip.

Thanks.

Little D Apr 9th 2010 11:05 am

Re: How long did you wait to get your passports back?

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia (Post 8483228)
We sent our passports to London on March 22nd by courier and they arrived at the CHC London on March 24th.

If anyone else has recieved passports back lately I was wondering how long it is taking at the moment for passports to be returned. I know that they quote 6 weeks but I was hoping that it would be less as we only have until May 16th to land.

We are in Canada and I need to request a weekend off work for a flagpolling trip.

Thanks.

Ours took about 6 weeks from what I can remember. We were already in Calgary at the time we sent them off.

That was 18 months ago..... maybe they are faster now?! :fingerscrossed:

Gaz67 Apr 9th 2010 11:13 am

Thanks.

Most people I know on the forum from the UK at least have taken their Passports to the CHC in London dropped then off and went back to weeks later to pick them up.

We will probably be in the same situation as yourself, as in we will be in Canada and have to send our passports to CHC London.

I did read somewhere on here it took around 3 weeks, but that was to a UK address so you could probably add on another week for Canada.

So i gather around a month, depends on who they use to send out Visas i suppose, do you get option of the return Courier???

Gaz

lins and Stef McLachlan Apr 9th 2010 12:46 pm

Hi
Took 4 weeks for ours to come back from end feb to end March
Hope this helps
lol
Stef

Thanks.

destinationnovascotia Apr 9th 2010 5:58 pm

Thanks. I know I am being paranoid but I am convinced that something will go wrong (probably because something has gone wrong at every stage so far). I will be able to sleep again when we actually get our visa's.

lins and Stef McLachlan Apr 9th 2010 7:51 pm

Hi
It will be fine:thumbsup:
Everything went wrong for us up to that point too:eek:....but it is one heck of a good feeling to actually hold those coveted visas in your hand:rofl:
lol
Stef

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia (Post 8484757)
Thanks. I know I am being paranoid but I am convinced that something will go wrong (probably because something has gone wrong at every stage so far). I will be able to sleep again when we actually get our visa's.

debbiem Apr 10th 2010 2:21 am

We're in the same boat... yesterday it dawned on me that they will probably go surface-mail rather than air... do they still even do that? The depths of my paranoia are umplumbable lol. I'm still expecting to be told there's been a mistake and the passport request was an admin error... :D

Hope they arrive soon :fingerscrossed:

destinationnovascotia Apr 10th 2010 3:42 am

Originally Posted by debbiem (Post 8485589)
We're in the same boat... yesterday it dawned on me that they will probably go surface-mail rather than air... do they still even do that? The depths of my paranoia are umplumbable lol. I'm still expecting to be told there's been a mistake and the passport request was an admin error... :D

Hope they arrive soon :fingerscrossed:

I keep worrying that the photos will be unacceptable. I have heard about them being sent back for all sorts of reasons such as backgrounds not being white enough.

Lyn_and_John Apr 10th 2010 7:29 pm

Thanks.

ours took just less than 3 weeks and that includes the easter hols - got them back this morning!