Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

How long did it take to get your visa?

Wikiposts

How long did it take to get your visa?

Old Dec 24th 2005, 6:36 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long did it take to get your visa?

18 months in your dreams, people receiving AOR now are being quoted 30-36 months before next contact
Old Dec 24th 2005, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
18 months in your dreams, people receiving AOR now are being quoted 30-36 months before next contact
Northernbird, the question was how long did your application take and that is what Celine_UK responded with. He applied in 2003 so it probably did take 18 months. Just cause people applying now are being told that IA/Meds is at 36 months, two and a half years ago 18 months to complete the whole application was quit normal I should of thought.

God why am I reading this on Christmas day. Merry Christmas.

Dozzzzy
Old Dec 25th 2005, 11:37 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Merry Christmas to you too. The original poster asked what the average time was from applying to actually moving. Someone replied 18 months which 2 years ago was a realistic timeframe. As the original poster has yet to apply the timescales of 2 years ago are completely irrelevant and I was merely pointing out the current AOR waiting times which are more relevant. If the original poster is expecting everything done and dusted in 18 months they are in for a rude awakening.
Old Dec 25th 2005, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by northernbird
Merry Christmas to you too. The original poster asked what the average time was from applying to actually moving. Someone replied 18 months which 2 years ago was a realistic timeframe. As the original poster has yet to apply the timescales of 2 years ago are completely irrelevant and I was merely pointing out the current AOR waiting times which are more relevant. If the original poster is expecting everything done and dusted in 18 months they are in for a rude awakening.
Have just received my AOR after 5 days! We are going through PNP route and letter states 6 months for contact, If applying as spousal,PNP. If applying other routes 36 months till next contact!!! :scared:
Old Dec 26th 2005, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

After applying 36 months for them to contact you, then give time for medicals and passport requests etc. A total of 48 months between applying and moving. if you apply now you could possibly land in late 2009 or 2100.

regs
Old Dec 27th 2005, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light

Yes my partner and I applied around feb-march 2003 as skilled workers and finally landed OCt 2004, and yea around that time 18 months was normal, and i seem remember even then people moaning saying 18 months was to long to wait......
Old Dec 28th 2005, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twinmum
We are about to start our application process as skilled workers and just wondered what the average length of time is between starting things moving and actually moving. The CIC website says it takes 3 years!! Surely they are just giving worst case scenario?

Also, did you fill our forms and manage the process yourself or go through a lawyer. What would be a reasonable fee for them to ask and where do you find a good one? So many questions...
From application to landing for us was nine months. Even though it was 12 years ago, we were probably not a very "straight forward" case, and we did it all ourselves, too.

Good luck to you!
Old Dec 29th 2005, 5:50 am
talking Ter Sami

acer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bleech
We applied Jan 04, AOR March 04, Med requests August 05, PPR December 05, should get our visas (maybe) End of Dec 05.
Unfortunatly CHC were near enough spot on with their estimates, but the PPR seemed to take for ages even though I know some peops of the same AOR as me are still waiting for PPR
Snap, though visas by end Dec 05 is looking increasingly unlikely for us

Total time from sending application to landing will be 2 years 6 weeks 2 days.
Old Dec 29th 2005, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All, my first post....

Been in Canada for 4 years now, but it took me 7 months to 'immigrate' in 2004 (been living in Canada since Jan '02 on a TRV). I had to do the Quebec paperwork also beforehand, if you include that, it was another 4 months for the CSQ.

Mine was probably as straightforward a case as you get though.