Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

How long can I, a UK resident stay in Canada without a visa?

How long can I, a UK resident stay in Canada without a visa?

Old Dec 23rd 2011, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How long can I, a UK resident stay in Canada without a visa?

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
I guess to some folk that doing our job is classed as being dicked about
When I answered 6 months to the question how long do you intend to stay in Canada my answer was met with a grunt followed by (in an aggresive tone) how many days? Not sure, half of 365 I guess resulted in me being shown to the naughty step (a chair in the waiting area) They called me back to the front desk 20 minutes later by which time I had calculated it to be 179 days to my return flight. Just my opinion but felt I was being dicked about because she could.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 3:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CANADIAN CARPERS
When I answered 6 months to the question how long do you intend to stay in Canada my answer was met with a grunt followed by (in an aggresive tone) how many days? Not sure, half of 365 I guess resulted in me being shown to the naughty step (a chair in the waiting area) They called me back to the front desk 20 minutes later by which time I had calculated it to be 179 days to my return flight. Just my opinion but felt I was being dicked about because she could.
Was it Toronto by any chance
Seriously though I hear you and unfortunately it will not improve anytime soon as some BSO's do not consider themselves to be in the Service industry.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 3:40 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YYZlover
I know you are in the biz, but when I last checked for a changable ticket on AC the difference was $50 between them.

KLM just happened to have a fantastic deal going for $600 return and I am going for a fixed time and get my 100% miles on Delta SkyMiles. :-)
It does vary depending on the seat class. In each cabin the price can differ considerably between the cheapest and highest priced tickets. As one sells out bookings move to the next seat class. It makes comparing deals very difficult. If you don't mind which carrier you fly with its not a big deal, just go for the best value that works for you.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Was it Toronto by any chance
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 3:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Nuff said
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

hutchy100 will become famous soon enough

I went on a 6 month vistor visa and got question, asked about the money but did'nt look at the bank statment, there rang my fiance up to check, asked what my plans was which i told the whole truth and i was let in he told me that the police would come to my address to see if i was working
Old Jan 7th 2012, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

justme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nice

I swear it states on the job description of ALL immigration officers "Must have no sense of humour and MUST always look like a grumpy git"

I dont think I've ever seen one smile!! but rather than piss me off it actually makes me laugh. Myself and my family always have a bet on while we are lined up to see who gets the grumpiest lol