Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

how long again

how long again

Old May 12th 2001, 7:19 am
Just Joined

sanjay is an unknown quantity at this point

my wife has submitted an inland application to sponsor me, we have an interview next month at the scarborough civil centre in toronto, can anyone who has been through a similar experience tell me what i should expect at the interview and how long will it take again after the interview before i receive my landed documents. thanks
Old May 12th 2001, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

klerj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long again

You can expect that your wife and yourself will be interviewed separately. You both will be asked the same intimate questions and both your answers will be compared. This is just to determine the genuity of your marriage.You have nothing to worry if your marriage is genuine. You both should just relax and be truthful.
An acquittance of mine flonked his interview. During the interview he was asked where the family did their laundry. He said "at the coin laundry shop" and his wife said "in our basement" You don't have to be a genius to know that this was an arranged marriage. How can a couple have different answers on a simple question like this.

I really cannot tell you how long after the interview before you receive the landed papers. Perhaps others in the group can assist.

John

BTW: How long did you have to wait till you received your interview letter? When did you send in the application?
Old May 16th 2001, 8:29 pm
ACDone

The time line seems to depend on where you are from. It seems that some people
(especially those from the U.S.) can get the whole inland sponsorship process
completed in 6 to 9 months, but my spouse and I have been waiting over a year.

We got the AIP (approval in principle) seven months after applying, that was six
months ago (as of today!) and we have been told that it may still take another 7 - 8
months for a total processing time of 20 months - bummer - I soooooooo neeeeeeeeed a
vacation away from here for a while (spouse can't leave country until process
finished).

good luck!