Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

How long after landing PR in Canada are you exempt from free NHS treatment?

How long after landing PR in Canada are you exempt from free NHS treatment?

Old May 12th 2015, 9:55 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long after landing PR in Canada are you exempt from free NHS treatment?

Interesting how people use words sometimes.
I have a colleague who has just returned to Canada after some time away.

She talks about being " eligible " for OHIP.
Most threads on here talk about being "entitled" to NHS coverage.

The difference piqued my interest, that's all
Old May 12th 2015, 10:05 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long after landing PR in Canada are you exempt from free NHS treatment?

Originally Posted by Yorkiechef
Novo, read the post again....give you a clue....war pension because of injuries or disability.....then Google it.......very good.
This is what I mean by the red herring.

The issue of war pensions was brought up by you and you alone after bats mentioned that her husband (a lovely man who I've met on several occasions) correctly doesn't consider himself eligible for free NHS access because he is a resident of Canada.

Would you like to read the thread again?
Old May 12th 2015, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Whenever I came across anyone who wasn't UK resident I handed them the relevant paperwork so they could be billed.

My old man is ex Forces with some residual health effects, and he wouldn't dream of getting free NHS care. But then he's a decent man.
Read the bit about residual health effects ......
Old May 12th 2015, 11:19 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Read the bit about residual health effects ......
I read it. It doesn't apply.
Old May 12th 2015, 11:26 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell

The use of these words crop up from time to time. I know 'eligible' is preferred here. Personally I prefer entitled. You know where you stand.

Eligible, to me, suggests you may qualify but won't necessarily get for a myriad of reasons.

eg, if you are entitled to a winter fuel payment from the UK, you get it. No two ways about it.

If you are eligible for something similar here, first you need disover it; you need to apply for it; there won't be much information about the qualifying conditions or help regarding how you apply. Even if you do everything properly, it may be limited so you might miss out on it.
Old May 13th 2015, 12:48 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Also Welsh, Scottish and Irish.
Good point, I am Scottish, yet another assumption has been made about me, what happened to dwelling a pause of 2 marching paces, nobody reads the posts properly. I have been a member of this forum for a few years now, 80% of the members are really positive and helpful, the other 20 just want to tell you that you will never get immigration to Canada, or you will never pass your medicals, or you have got no chance because I say so!!! Some people need to get a life. I'm glad the Conservative party are now fully in power in the UK😃🇬🇧
Old May 13th 2015, 1:49 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Good point, I am Scottish, yet another assumption has been made about me, what happened to dwelling a pause of 2 marching paces, nobody reads the posts properly. I have been a member of this forum for a few years now, 80% of the members are really positive and helpful, the other 20 just want to tell you that you will never get immigration to Canada, or you will never pass your medicals, or you have got no chance because I say so!!! Some people need to get a life. I'm glad the Conservative party are now fully in power in the UK😃🇬🇧
So.

80% are helpful and 20% need a life? And you're glad the Conservative Party are "fully in power" in the UK?

WTF are you doing in Canada?
Old May 13th 2015, 2:06 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

My eldest daughter is flying back to the UK this summer for 6 weeks with relatives. She'll split her time between England and France. She'll have to have medical insurance just like any visitor because she doesn't live in either of these countries. As her parents, we don't really contribute to the UK coffers any more and so can't really expect those that do contribute to pick up our tab were anything untoward to happen. I'm not really sure where the confusion lies in any of this.
Old May 13th 2015, 2:21 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
So.

80% are helpful and 20% need a life? And you're glad the Conservative Party are "fully in power" in the UK?

WTF are you doing in Canada?
None of your business that's what. THE END
Old May 13th 2015, 12:40 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: How long after landing PR in Canada are you exempt from free NHS treatment?

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell

Very good observation Zoe. The entitlement of the Brits (who've never travelled) vs the eligible Canadians with their destitute southern neighbours.
Old May 13th 2015, 12:57 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
None of your business that's what. THE END
THE END????

How old are you? 9?
Old May 13th 2015, 3:30 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

THE END FULL STOP.

UNDO FULL STOP

Continues...
Old May 13th 2015, 10:02 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Pizzawheel
THE END FULL STOP.

UNDO FULL STOP

Continues...
i think Mr. Missile may be a reincarnation of Jim Morrison.
Old May 13th 2015, 11:02 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
i think Mr. Missile may be a reincarnation of Jim Morrison.
Ok don't get that one
Old May 13th 2015, 11:06 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
Ok don't get that one
So be it. The doors closed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.