Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

How to get a job

Wikiposts

How to get a job

Old Sep 18th 2007, 6:22 am
Calgary Sept 2008

Silverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really nice
Default How to get a job

Hi Guys,

Hope yr all good..

I have a daft question so please excuse my ignorance.
Me and boyfriend would like to emmigrate to Canda evetually.
He has his brother, sister in law and nephew out there already.
WE have though long and hard about this and want to make the jump.
However we thought that if we get a work permit we can see how we get on first.We will be staying with boyfs brother while we are there and also have funds to support ourselves while there. The only question we have is where to start with finding a job in order to get the WP and LMO. Although looking for a job is relativly a straight forward thing its knowing where to start looking. Do we apply for jobs as noraml or is there another way?

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 18th 2007, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to get a job

Although this thread is about how to get over to Canada with reference to common-law sponsorship the BUNAC threads and links might be a way for you 2

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...24#post5327424
Old Sep 19th 2007, 1:49 am
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silverbug
Hi Guys,

Hope yr all good..

I have a daft question so please excuse my ignorance.
Me and boyfriend would like to emmigrate to Canda evetually.
He has his brother, sister in law and nephew out there already.
WE have though long and hard about this and want to make the jump.
However we thought that if we get a work permit we can see how we get on first.We will be staying with boyfs brother while we are there and also have funds to support ourselves while there. The only question we have is where to start with finding a job in order to get the WP and LMO. Although looking for a job is relativly a straight forward thing its knowing where to start looking. Do we apply for jobs as noraml or is there another way?

Thanks in advance
I came via BUNAC. Left a great job in the UK to find my future "out West".

Risk and reward. Do it.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 5:18 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Have you read the BE Wiki articles on job hunting in Canada? I provided a link in post #3 of this thread.