Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

How Eco-friendly is Canada?

Wikiposts

How Eco-friendly is Canada?

Old Apr 20th 2012, 5:53 am
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of
Default Re: How Eco-friendly is Canada?

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?hl=en...20&tx=77&ty=30

Who needs a trucK. You should read the caption underneath the image, classic.

Last edited by fletcher m; Apr 20th 2012 at 6:17 am.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 6:02 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fletcher m

Who needs a trucK.
I dont see any drywall there...
Old Apr 20th 2012, 6:07 am
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by iaink

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?hl=en...0&tx=100&ty=49

you're right, bloody dangerous carrying a piece of timber, safe carrying 6 people, dog and the shopping!

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?start...r:6,s:110,i:99

Last edited by fletcher m; Apr 20th 2012 at 6:09 am. Reason: New pic.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 6:47 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday we took the unused drywall to the dump. Guess what vehicle we used.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 6:57 am
Banned

Originally Posted by dbd33
Yam FS1E?
Old Apr 20th 2012, 7:02 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Was it a pale blue one?

12' sheets?
Old Apr 20th 2012, 7:07 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Was it a pale blue one?

12' sheets?
8' but since they were the off cuts most of them weren't that long. I did bring a bunch of 12' lengths of something in it once. Someone at the traffic lights suggested attaching a sheet and sailing home.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 7:07 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Tree-hugger!

My unused backerboard and insulation (discreetly bagged) just went into the garbage truck. A couple of minutes before, I saw the guys chuck a sofa into the truck. They appear to take anything they can lift.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 7:10 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Souvy
Tree-hugger!

My unused backerboard and insulation (discreetly bagged) just went into the garbage truck. A couple of minutes before, I saw the guys chuck a sofa into the truck. They appear to take anything they can lift.
It would be a long time before we could hide all of those bits. We used about 100 sheets for the job, even if waste is just 5% that's what, a year's worth, of dustbin days?
Old Apr 20th 2012, 7:14 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

It would be a long time before we could hide all of those bits. We used about 100 sheets for the job, even if waste is just 5% that's what, a year's worth, of dustbin days?
At least you took it to the dump, and didnt just toss it beside the road. Well, most of it. I can imagine there was a bit of loss on the way if the roof was down.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 7:16 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

What you need is this for the bigger items...

Except its a Dodge of course, but you cant have everything....
Old Apr 20th 2012, 7:27 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Depends where you live. The half-dozen contractor sacks I put out this morning went away.

100 sheets? Good grief. That is a lot of drywall.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 11:53 am
JGK
BE Enthusiast

JGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond repute

All the shouty yelling eco-mentalists tend to be living in those provinces which, ironically, receive wads of cash in equalization payments to keep them going from those provinces they spend their lives railing at
Old Apr 20th 2012, 2:04 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Souvy
Depends where you live. The half-dozen contractor sacks I put out this morning went away.

100 sheets? Good grief. That is a lot of drywall.
It is. All fetched from Buffalo or Detroit and screwed into place. Walls and ceilings are in place and painted, light fixtures are installed. We're on to the floors.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 2:14 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fletcher m
Yam FS1E?
Gee that takes me back, i had a gold FS1E, with the key in the side panel.

I dreamed of owning an AP50 though....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.