Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

How does this country survive?

How does this country survive?

Old Dec 4th 2006, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How does this country survive?

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Not meant to be a joke. Do you have any idea how many calories there are in doughnuts?

I've known people eat six Krispy Kremes as a snack. KKs run to about 900 calories. Each.

Yes, I do know that there are loads of calories in donughts (heart attack material) - but I still found your comment amusing anyhow
Old Dec 4th 2006, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kt0157
Tim's Boston Cremes are about 250. I know this because I was on a calorie controlled diet in Montréal and lost 12 lbs. It is possible to eat Tim donuts and still lose weight.

K.
Oh yeah, i think i saw that "donut diet" advertised in the Mail on Sunday too.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer

No it wasn't, it was the Express, DONUT!
Old Dec 4th 2006, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

THIS IS THE LAST TIME I AM GOING TO ASK, !!HOW DID YOU GET A LARGE MEMBER!!
Old Dec 4th 2006, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve666
THIS IS THE LAST TIME I AM GOING TO ASK, !!HOW DID YOU GET A LARGE MEMBER!!
Easy..

K.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Easy..

K.
ok, that's typical of KT's smart alec approach...
Now I get angry...
I'm off to my profile for a play.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

ok, that's typical of KT's smart alec approach...
Now I get angry...
I'm off to my profile for a play.
So a Steve666 baiter, baits Steve666. In fact, I think I'll promote myself to senior Steve666 baiter based on the success of this bait.

K.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

angelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really nice

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Not meant to be a joke. Do you have any idea how many calories there are in doughnuts?

I've known people eat six Krispy Kremes as a snack. KKs run to about 900 calories. Each.
I always like the look of KK's and have bought a six box in the past to share with hub...but I always feel sick after the first one, have a massive sugar rush and can't eat any more. I'm just a lightweight. Although you wouldn't know to look at me...I have very efficient fat storage mechanisms...
Old Dec 5th 2006, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

TheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by smitp11
Seems like another VISA wasted on someone not prepared to give it a real chance and blinded by the culture shock with a definate lean towards lack of research. There are plenty of potential immigrants who would love to have the opportunities you have had, enjoy life moaning about wherever you are...

Canada wants the lower end immigrants who will serve you fries. Well educated white western Europeans don't stand a chance. And you struggle to find a job because of the unionized positions that go to people in the unions first. You can stick it up your %^&*
Old Dec 5th 2006, 6:20 am
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TheVickers
Canada wants the lower end immigrants who will serve you fries. Well educated white western Europeans don't stand a chance. And you struggle to find a job because of the unionized positions that go to people in the unions first. You can stick it up your %^&*
Then why has a Waterloo institute (right near you) just hired one of Australia's greatest minds?

http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/en/...chael_Nielsen/

I don't think Dr. Nielsen will be coming to Canada to serve fries. BTW, the majority of Perimeter Institute's scientists are from White western European countries or the US.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Easy..

K.
Now that's a classic.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Now that's a classic.
Don't make KT get any worse.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

yodiyokun has a brilliant futureyodiyokun has a brilliant futureyodiyokun has a brilliant futureyodiyokun has a brilliant futureyodiyokun has a brilliant futureyodiyokun has a brilliant futureyodiyokun has a brilliant future

I think immigrats face the same situations in most countries.
I came into the UK on a HSMP scheme about 5 months ago, It took me about 4 months to get a half decent paying job, everyone wants Uk experience or Uk qualifications or the local knowledge, my husband got a good job with a bank only for the bank to change their minds..and thats after they both had signed a contract, they paid him a week salary for the inconvinence - no reasons given.
To make matters worse Mr Liam bryme(Immigration minister) decided to make the process of getting further leave on HSMP impossible for anyone above 30 years who earned less than 35k p.a. Most people had to take crazy cuts to salary just to get the so called Uk experience. A lot of the interviews I attended, I was over qualified for in the employers words.
I wonder how the Homeoffice expects people to go back to their home countries abruptly after they have sold all with no jobs to go back to.
Labour is doing this just to show the voters they are doing something about immigration when there are less than 50,000 people on HSMP visa in contrast to millions of illegal immigrants.

At least in canada you get Permanent residency and even if you want to go back home you can do so at your pace.
So every labour market protects its own, thats just the way it is

My canadian immigration process was started 5 years ago and its getting close to the PPr stage..hopefully!!!! and I honestly cant wait to leave UK.
I have enjoyed my stay here galivanting the country to attend interviews but at serious cost, and I would rather face the problems in canada knowing that it wont last forever rather than staying in Uk where immigration policies keep changing everyday as I am not interested in becoming an illegal immigrant.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Don't make KT get any worse.

Good day to you "senior baiter taker" I see you've made your own changes now.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Good day to you "senior baiter taker" I see you've made your own changes now.
Wot you up too? I'm going to start a new thread I think.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.