Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

How does this country survive?

How does this country survive?

Old Dec 4th 2006, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How does this country survive?

Originally Posted by kt0157
A blanket charge won't solve congestion, will it? Stupid media. No, the proposals look quite sane until you realize that there's no technology that makes it work. But apart from that, excellent.

K.
It certainly will not and if it were the case my round trip from Reading, via Stansted to collect German colleague onto Leeds and then return colleague to Stansted and home would have cost £750!!(not including petrol and running costs)
Considering it was a sales trip and no charges were forwarded to the potential customer this would be ludicrous
Old Dec 4th 2006, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sorbz62
I begrudge that remark. Where did I say that I was a neo-nazi?
Your thinking is clear. "Poles and Russians" (ie. Slavs) should not be given treatment on the NHS while "British" people are waiting for treatment. The Poles lived under such a regime 1939-1945.

I suppose you support mass immigration into UK to enrich our obviously culturally poor indiginous population and to bring foreign expertise to our shores.
I think we should bring foreign expertise to our shores, yes. I'm all for quality immigration. If that means masses, well so be it.

By the way - where do you live? Not in UK I suppose.
Yes, the UK.

K.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 10:53 am
Just Joined

Sorbz62 is just really niceSorbz62 is just really niceSorbz62 is just really niceSorbz62 is just really niceSorbz62 is just really niceSorbz62 is just really niceSorbz62 is just really niceSorbz62 is just really niceSorbz62 is just really niceSorbz62 is just really nice

Your thinking is clear. "Poles and Russians" (ie. Slavs) should not be given treatment on the NHS while "British" people are waiting for treatment. The Poles lived under such a regime 1939-1945.

I think we should bring foreign expertise to our shores, yes. I'm all for quality immigration. If that means masses, well so be it.

Yes, the UK.

K.
I see you are set in your ways and not prepared to enter democratic dialogue. These are issues which are negatively affecting the British people at the moment. At a guess I would say you are elderly, upper middle class with a healthy private pension and private medical cover, living in an affluent area which does not see the problems associated with these issues. Please open your mind and see what is actually happening around you.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
It certainly will not and if it were the case my round trip from Reading, via Stansted to collect German colleague onto Leeds and then return colleague to Stansted and home would have cost £750!!(not including petrol and running costs)
Considering it was a sales trip and no charges were forwarded to the potential customer this would be ludicrous
The original report by Professor Begg talked about much more modest charges for usage of a few pence per mile. His top figure was £1.34, which would be charged for certain sections of the M25 around 8am.

The report also talked of removing fuel duties to compensate for the usage charges. You might well pay have paid less for your round trip under road pricing, depending on the conditions.

All these discussions are pointless though because until Galileo is fully online, the technology won't work. And in any case, there will be no reduction in fuel duties. What you will actually get is road pricing plus fuel duties ("green taxes, innit though").

K.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

I see you are set in your ways and not prepared to enter democratic dialogue.
What are you talking about? If this isn't a dialogue, what is? What do you mean by "democratic"? You want us to vote on this?

These are issues which are negatively affecting the British people at the moment.
No they aren't. They are issues which are "hot" at the moment. You'll be telling us next about how many paedophiles there are these days.

At a guess I would say you are elderly, upper middle class with a healthy private pension and private medical cover, living in an affluent area which does not see the problems associated with these issues.
For the record, no, no, no, no and not particularly.

Please open your mind and see what is actually happening around you.
I don't see anything like what you complain of. Oh, I read a lot about it. And the TV likes to report it. But I don't see it. Now, I wonder why that would be?

K.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 11:20 am
Just Joined

Sorbz62 is just really niceSorbz62 is just really niceSorbz62 is just really niceSorbz62 is just really niceSorbz62 is just really niceSorbz62 is just really niceSorbz62 is just really niceSorbz62 is just really niceSorbz62 is just really niceSorbz62 is just really nice

What are you talking about? If this isn't a dialogue, what is? What do you mean by "democratic"? You want us to vote on this?

No they aren't. They are issues which are "hot" at the moment. You'll be telling us next about how many paedophiles there are these days.

For the record, no, no, no, no and not particularly.

I don't see anything like what you complain of. Oh, I read a lot about it. And the TV likes to report it. But I don't see it. Now, I wonder why that would be?

K.
Haha - why are you getting so wound up, ducky
Old Dec 4th 2006, 11:24 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you a gay neo-Nazi ?
Old Dec 4th 2006, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm not particularly. My basic philosophy in life is of freedom. When you and your ilk go around repeating lies about immigrants you make life hard for innocent people who are just trying to get on with their lives.

What's particularly ironic is that you want to emigrate, become immigrants in another country, yet don't want to be on the receiving end of the kind of abuse and discrimination that you mete out to people in this country.

K.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 11:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dbd33
Are you a gay neo-Nazi ?
Haha - please stop picking on me!!!
Old Dec 4th 2006, 11:32 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Haha - please stop picking on me!!!
I'm not picking on you, "ducky" is a very camp turn of phrase so I'm picturing Kenneth Williams in jack boots. I thought that an odd combination.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 11:32 am
Just Joined

I'm not particularly. My basic philosophy in life is of freedom. When you and your ilk go around repeating lies about immigrants you make life hard for innocent people who are just trying to get on with their lives.

What's particularly ironic is that you want to emigrate, become immigrants in another country, yet don't want to be on the receiving end of the kind of abuse and discrimination that you mete out to people in this country.

K.
Stop this now. I have nothing against immigration. I was purely stating that this country is in danger of being swamped by a huge wave of economic migrants. That is a fact.I embrace other cultures, I have worked all over the globe and also believe in freedom. I support our Forces in Iraq and Afghanistan (oops, that's another issue!) who, rightly or wrongly are trying to give other countries and peoples the kind of democracy we enjoy here - and I know we do. What lies have I said about immigration - my comments were based on observation and not from reading the tat in the Mail.

Secondly, why do I need to migrate to Canada when I have dual nationality.

Anyway, let's agree to disagree.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 11:34 am
Just Joined

I'm not picking on you, "ducky" is a very camp turn of phrase so I'm picturing Kenneth Williams in jack boots. I thought that an odd combination.
Carry on up the Benefits Office!!
Old Dec 4th 2006, 11:38 am
Assimilated Pauper

I can live with the racism but you're dead wrong about the traffic. The relative free flow of the M25 at rush hour and the comparatively excellent manners of the drivers when traffic lanes must merge is one of the joys of the UK compared to here.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 11:45 am
Just Joined

I can live with the racism but you're dead wrong about the traffic. The relative free flow of the M25 at rush hour and the comparatively excellent manners of the drivers when traffic lanes must merge is one of the joys of the UK compared to here.
What Racism? I have not been racist. I was merely stating a fact about the perceived problems caused by immigration. OK, I tried to use humour but I failed and I'll take it back. So, I am not at all racist. I now work with native Pashtu and Arabic speakers from many countries and enjoy doing so.

I have seen an increase in traffic incidents and road rage recently which worries me. The driving here is relatively safe but it is getting worse based on accident figures and those of the amount of traffic induced assaults which are taking place.

J
Old Dec 4th 2006, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

I don't agree to that. We're not being "swamped". 600,000 net migrants is only 1%.

K.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.