Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

how to deal with a parent who really doesn't want me to go...

Wikiposts

how to deal with a parent who really doesn't want me to go...

Old May 1st 2012, 3:08 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how to deal with a parent who really doesn't want me to go...

Originally Posted by MillieF
Well said that woman
Old May 1st 2012, 3:13 am
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Its the age old saying...mothers and daughters...fathers and sons.
Old May 1st 2012, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

it's really great to read all these replies.. thanks everyone (must go around with the karma button!)

snowhugs - you are right about not leaving fighting, that is very sensible. I will do my best!

heather - my mum does have a PC, and she's not too bad on it, she actually uses facebook these days! So skype shouldn't be too much of a leap I hope.

Davinder - will probably drop you a PM over the next few days

huddersfieldlass - yes I do worry that it won't be a smooth process, that money will be tight and careers hard to come by. But we're definitely up for giving it a go! I'm hoping that the NS time difference (5hrs i think?) will be easier than further west. We're hoping to run our own businesses so holidays might not be an issue - but money might be lol

piff poff - living in Scotland there never seems to be cheap holiday deals that I want! (I've never been a package holiday fan). Lots of deals from London... so I don't think I'll miss cheap holidays as I've never really had them. I am sure trips back to the UK will be pricey though, as will costs for them to visit. It really is an unknown but I'll never know if I don't try it. What you said about mums raising independent children was great and so very true... I know my mum would rather I was independent and adventurous than just settling for things, hopefully she'll realise/remember that at some point

Just have to say this forum really is great... not only did it help us through the application process but it helps with other stuff too