Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

How cold at a hockey game?

How cold at a hockey game?

Old Sep 14th 2004, 10:12 pm
Just going for Holidays

liftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the rough
Default How cold at a hockey game?

Well, we are going for it.

We arrive in Halifax next Thursday, and on Friday, we are going to watch the Mooseheads play.

What Mrs Liftman wants to know is how cold will it be in the stadium?

Does she need her fur lined knickers or will she be alright in jeans and a fleece? :scared:
Old Sep 14th 2004, 11:02 pm
Glaswegian

Default Re: How cold at a hockey game?

Jeans and a fleece would be a bit warm at the Saddledome - the seating area is usually quite warm - depends on the arena.

I'd tell her to keep her fur lined knickers for outdoor games and other special occasions

Old Sep 14th 2004, 11:07 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liftman

We arrive in Halifax next Thursday, and on Friday, we are going to watch the Mooseheads play.

Does she need her fur lined knickers or will she be alright in jeans and a fleece? :scared:
it's fine.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 12:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Well, as a woman may I suggest that she packs a blanket to put over her legs and perhaps a little something warm in the thermos (her choice of course) in case it gets really nippy......works well for me.....
Old Sep 15th 2004, 1:10 am
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by willmore
Well, as a woman may I suggest that she packs a blanket to put over her legs and perhaps a little something warm in the thermos (her choice of course) in case it gets really nippy......works well for me.....
Isn't this an INDOOR or OUTDOOR arena??

Indoors she'll get the full sauna effect enhanced by the contents by the contents of her thermos.

Outdoors? It depends on what's in her thermos ....

Old Sep 15th 2004, 1:14 am
BE Enthusiast

ukjo is on a distinguished road

Tell Mrs Lifty that she will be fine in jeans and a fleece at Halifax metro. Weathers looking quite good for the next couple of weeks here. Average about 20 degrees and sunny is forecasted for the week you're here though that can change by tomorrow!!!! Looking forward to seing you guys on the 25th...got my jammie dodgers yet??????
Old Sep 15th 2004, 1:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
Isn't this an INDOOR or OUTDOOR arena??

Indoors she'll get the full sauna effect enhanced by the contents by the contents of her thermos.

Outdoors? It depends on what's in her thermos ....
I assumed it was outdoors - but even indoor arenas can be cold in the winter - so you add a little rye or rum to your tea and you're all set!!!!
Old Sep 15th 2004, 2:00 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

At the local arena...not talking NHL here! I find its my feet that get the coldest quickest, you might want to have thick socks and some insulatingly thick soled shoes on if its like a junior game. I think the further up the ladder you go, the more comfy you'll be. Junior under 12s game at the local arena = cold feet, OHL AAA at regional arena = pretty comfy in civies. NHL = ????

Mooseheads are like AAA / major I think, so should be OK in civies.

Iain

Last edited by iaink; Sep 15th 2004 at 2:02 am.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 2:11 am
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by iaink
At the local arena...not talking NHL here! I find its my feet that get the coldest quickest, you might want to have thick socks and some insulatingly thick soled shoes on if its like a junior game. I think the further up the ladder you go, the more comfy you'll be. Junior under 12s game at the local arena = cold feet, OHL AAA at regional arena = pretty comfy in civies. NHL = ????

Mooseheads are like AAA / major I think, so should be OK in civies.

Iain
I get a choice ...

So far I've either been involved in running a tyke/novice game, tournament or evaluations, in which case I get to freeze to death on the bench ....

Or ...

If I'm lucky I get to watch the Flames or the Hitmen at the Saddledome in which case I get the full warm seat & jumbotron deal with snacks.

Depends on the arena ... the Red Deer Rebels have got a nice arena, no NHL games and the staff give your kids official pucks if you look like visitors.

Liftman ... try to borrow a child and you'll get some pucks.

Old Sep 15th 2004, 7:51 am
Just going for Holidays

liftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Glaswegian

Liftman ... try to borrow a child and you'll get some pucks.

I'm looking for a child to rent for the evening.

Now that didn't come out quite as I had expected.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 11:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Talking Re: How cold at a hockey game?

I'm looking for a child to rent for the evening.

Now that didn't come out quite as I had expected.
Well, I have two here in Victoria and some days I'd be willing to give them to you free of charge permanently!!!!!
Old Sep 15th 2004, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

ukjo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by willmore
Well, I have two here in Victoria and some days I'd be willing to give them to you free of charge permanently!!!!!
And I have 3 Lifty that you will be meeting next week anyway so as you're here you may as well........
Old Sep 15th 2004, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

torticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant future

Tickets go on sale this Friday (17th) and as its the "Moose's" home opener tickets may go fast. I think they usually draw a crowd of around 8000 and the Metro can sit 10000+ but for there first game???

You can purchase tickets by phone (902) 451-1221 if you wish.

We have seen 3 of their pre season games and it promises to be a good season.

Maybe see you Friday
Old Sep 16th 2004, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

wensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nice

hi Liftman,

I know this post is a couple of days old, just got back from week in London, so going through all recent posts.
Hubby says fleece and jeans is fine for that moosehead game he went to see them in Feb this year. He did say don't forget to stand for the national anthem, stand facing the flag!! It's all very serious when Hockey is involved. Let me know what you want me to do about the NS CD. I'm sure you and Mrs Liftman are counting the days now.
Old Sep 16th 2004, 8:32 pm
Just going for Holidays

Originally Posted by wensamjam
hi Liftman,

I know this post is a couple of days old, just got back from week in London, so going through all recent posts.
Hubby says fleece and jeans is fine for that moosehead game he went to see them in Feb this year. He did say don't forget to stand for the national anthem, stand facing the flag!! It's all very serious when Hockey is involved. Let me know what you want me to do about the NS CD. I'm sure you and Mrs Liftman are counting the days now.
Don't worry Wend, We'll stand. I'll get a CD and on my return, I'll send it to you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.