Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

How Canadianized are you ?

How Canadianized are you ?

Old Aug 1st 2006, 5:19 am
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How Canadianized are you ?

You are Canadian when your driving skills abandon you. ie you think nothing of darting across 3 lanes of traffic doing 100kpm to get to the highway exit you want!!!!! and for some reason reading the road ahead just doesn't matter any more!
Old Aug 1st 2006, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

I always thought Root Beer tasted like Mouthwash but now you mention Germoline!!! My freind back in good old Basildon always used to drink Root Beer in Mcdonalds before they stopped serving it, I think she was the only one that drunk it.

I can get Ribena in my local sobeys but i always balk at the price too, I really really really miss Keora remember that? I guess the powder Juice isnt any different to the juice stuff just what ya know i guess.

I can also get Lime Cordial thats about $8 i think, but thats great for Lager and Lime. as for the shandy thing i always order that and say Lemonade LOL they look at me like im crazy, then i have to say Sprite.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 11:18 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Let's see to what extent I have become part of the Canadian Borg.

I own more power tools than ties.

My garage is stacked with empty 24s.

Most of my T shirts are supplied by Molson.

It is acceptable to wear boots with shorts.

Shorts must be worn above 12 degrees.

I know what a 48 humidex feels like.

Gloves and hats are not to be worn above zero.

I have a deck, with a BBQ on it.

I say "can I get?".

My 6-year old puppy only speaks French.

I can frame, drywall and lay hardwood flooring.

I can buy beer at the gas station.

I never trust delivery dates quoted by stores.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 12:11 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Souvenir
My garage is stacked with empty 24s.

Have you made a big chair out of them yet? Or a fort?
Old Aug 1st 2006, 12:27 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas

Have you made a big chair out of them yet? Or a fort?
There's enough to build another garage. We rarely remember to take them back.

Come to think of it, that's another bit of my assimilation. I know know that in summer you have to remember to bring beer in from the garage and put it in the fridge to cool down. In winter you have to bring it in and put it in the fridge to thaw. I have learned not to open a very cold bottle of beer, even if it appears to still be liquid.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 1:05 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Can you correctly and appropriately say 'pants' and 'panties' in mixed company, mindful to keep a straight face More points if you can pronounce it 'pannies'.

Rich.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

sbays is an unknown quantity at this point

eh !
Old Aug 5th 2006, 2:31 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Can you remember to call a jumper a sweater? AND trainers-runners?
Old Aug 5th 2006, 3:00 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Souvenir
I have learned not to open a very cold bottle of beer, even if it appears to still be liquid.
:curious: What happens? (Don't have a garage to put beer in for this experiment. )
Old Aug 5th 2006, 3:06 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wannabe
:curious: What happens? (Don't have a garage to put beer in for this experiment. )
Your mukluks get wet, possibly resulting in the loss of toes to frostbite.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

sbays is an unknown quantity at this point

You fill your truck !
Old Aug 6th 2006, 3:01 am

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by iaink
Your mukluks get wet, possibly resulting in the loss of toes to frostbite.
...which brings up the next unevitable question - what's mukluks?

The stuff I learn that I had no idea I needed to know...
Old Aug 6th 2006, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by sbays
You fill your truck !
Don't have a truck either. (Sorry, not being difficult on purpose, I swear! )
Old Aug 6th 2006, 3:05 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

what's mukluks?
Mukluks

http://www.answers.com/topic/mukluk

Old Aug 6th 2006, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by Hangman
Don't have a garage, don't have a truck, don't have mukluks... Jeez, why didn't I get a list over what's required to become a true Canadian, it seems everyone else got it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.