Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

How can I move to Canada from UK?

How can I move to Canada from UK?

Old Nov 24th 2009, 10:13 am
Banned

ThomasLovesLions777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How can I move to Canada from UK?

Hi everyone, Im 25 years old and currently not working, Im in the UK and single. I was working in the fitness industry but the place went out of business

My question is I have a british passport, born in the UK, Im wondering if I could move to Canada? I have uncles and aunts in Toronto they have lived in Canada for many many years. Montreal is also another place where I have an Aunt

So any advice for me people? I want to get out off the city im in now its in the east midlands and the situation looks dire

Thanks everyone

Thomas Elijah
Old Nov 24th 2009, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

elizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant future
Default Re: How can I move to Canada from UK?

Originally Posted by ThomasLovesLions777

So any advice for me people? I want to get out off the city im in now its in the east midlands and the situation looks dire

Thanks everyone

Thomas Elijah
Start here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/immigrate/index.asp

Old Nov 24th 2009, 11:21 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

YEs you can just get a 1 year working holiday visa!
Old Nov 24th 2009, 12:47 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elizabeth_action
Also:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick_...an_Immigration
Old Nov 24th 2009, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

brummi is on a distinguished road

This can help give you a taste of Canada:

http://www.bunac.org/UK/workcanada/

Would recommend you come over on a trial basis at first as it's not for everyone. I've known some people give up everything in the UK only to head back there after a year or so. Also, if you come on a 1yr open work permit there is the opportunity to find a job with an employer who can sponsor you for permanent residency. I'm afraid your relatives won't be able to sponsor you.

For a permanent move see if you fit into one of the categories listed here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp