Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

How can I assess my UK nvq level 4 equivalence

How can I assess my UK nvq level 4 equivalence

Old Jun 11th 2018, 5:13 am
Just Joined

dotted is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How can I assess my UK nvq level 4 equivalence

How can I ask city and guild to compare my NVQ level 4 to standard qualification.

or Edexcel to convert my level 3 to standard qualification.

I want to study in Canadaand instead of starting all over again and they don't seem to recognize NVQs and with my NVQs I should be able to get some course units waived.

I want to know what my nvqs are equivalent to
Old Jun 11th 2018, 12:12 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How can I assess my UK nvq level 4 equivalence

Originally Posted by dotted
How can I ask city and guild to compare my NVQ level 4 to standard qualification.

or Edexcel to convert my level 3 to standard qualification.

I want to study in Canadaand instead of starting all over again and they don't seem to recognize NVQs and with my NVQs I should be able to get some course units waived.

I want to know what my nvqs are equivalent to

Are you hoping to use them for Immigration purposes, or is this purely for academics to get course credits? NVQ's aren't really recognised in Canada. https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Equiv...ional_training

City & Guild have no influence on Canadian institutions.

You could have a look at the websites listed on the Govt site and see if any will evaluate NVQ's. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcen...num=681&top=29 / https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-overview.aspx has been mentioned.
You could also try a search of BE Canada forums as I'm sure that some have eventually managed to get them evaluated for immigration purposes.

National Vocational Qualifications

Last edited by Siouxie; Jun 11th 2018 at 12:28 pm.
Old Jun 11th 2018, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

Thank you very much. I am already in Canada. I need it to claim credits towards a further education in Manitoba. NVQs are so rich and detailed and well respected in UK and am surprised why it is like worthless in Canada. My NVQ registered manager in Care should be able to take me to year 2 or 3 of a degree.

anyways I emailed city and guild to do a comparison for me which I will in turn send to ICAS to compare to Canada and advise me of its equivalence.
Old Jun 11th 2018, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your contribution. I need it For academic purposes.
I have paid 40 pounds to city and guild to compare my certificate and I will send whatever they may send to me to icas in Canada where I already have file to tell.me the equivalence in Canada.

I am already Canada resident. I just don't want my efforts and achievement in nvqs to get wasted.
My nvq should be able to fetch me some credit waivers. Thanks
Old Jun 11th 2018, 3:35 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

I always thought NVQs weren't thought of very highly. The ones I saw were not academic at all but work experience based. Isnt that the whole point of them? Vocational?>
Old Jun 11th 2018, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

True talk
Old Jun 11th 2018, 4:37 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

What you need is Recognition of Prior Learning. I did a quick Google search and RedRiver College might be able to help you get that.. which you could then use to gain entrance to Uni perhaps. You could perhaps email for more info? Advising Services / Advising for Recognition of Prior Learning

https://www.google.ca/search?cr=coun....0.XtPp-cTJSN8
Old Jun 11th 2018, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

Susie,

that will be very awesome if red river can do something. Have you ever seen that happened to anyone?
thanks
Old Jun 12th 2018, 12:06 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dotted
Susie,

that will be very awesome if red river can do something. Have you ever seen that happened to anyone?
thanks
I have no experience of having to get prior learning recognition, I was thinking outside of the box - I can only suggest that you email them and ask about it - or else 'pretend' that you are potentially interested in attending.
"If you are a prospective or current student seeking information on RPL, please contact"
"At Red River College, Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a process that identifies, documents, assesses and recognizes formal study (transfer credit), and informal and non-formal learning gained through work and life experience. RRC evaluates and grants credit for qualifying previous learning that is equivalent to learning outcomes in College courses and programs."

Last edited by Siouxie; Jun 12th 2018 at 12:09 pm.