Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

How to Access UK TV

How to Access UK TV

Old Mar 30th 2010, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

johnehsmith will become famous soon enough
Default How to Access UK TV

Lots of discussion on this subject already of course but some ways of accessing Iplayer are discussed on here today :

http://bit.ly/cqRgXW

In the comments section I had never heard of seesaw.com - this looks like a pretty decent archive website for a lot of great TV series.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

SambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to Access UK TV

If the proxy goes down, you're stuck.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 3:42 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SambaDeAmigo
If the proxy goes down, you're stuck.
That's kind of what the comments are saying.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

david_oz is just really nicedavid_oz is just really nicedavid_oz is just really nicedavid_oz is just really nicedavid_oz is just really nicedavid_oz is just really nicedavid_oz is just really nicedavid_oz is just really nice

my friend at work (he is from pakistan) has a satellite dish combined with some receiver that lets him get free tv from back home. he told me about this about a month ago but i've been too busy to follow up

he reckons a mob in calgary called satellite depot can do it for you. i'll definitely be looking into it and i'll report back when i do
Old Mar 30th 2010, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

SambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond repute

Here's what I got working so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvDKKJLaBeE

About 20 UK channels. Still optimising the code
Old Mar 30th 2010, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

ray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SambaDeAmigo
Here's what I got working so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvDKKJLaBeE

About 20 UK channels. Still optimising the code
How'd you manage that ?
Old Mar 30th 2010, 11:27 pm

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry if it has been discussed before but has anybody else been using My Private Network in order to access the beeb i-player??
Old Mar 30th 2010, 11:35 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expatasia
Sorry if it has been discussed before but has anybody else been using My Private Network in order to access the beeb i-player??
I have a friend who has that and it works perfectly with iplayer
Old Mar 30th 2010, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by G77
I have a friend who has that and it works perfectly with iplayer
Well, in my experience this year the servers they use are occasionally down and the speeds are not what we have in Japan. But overall I'm satisfied, mind you can't use Catch Up tv with it any more (some incompatibilty message pops up).
Old Mar 31st 2010, 1:05 am
Just Joined

uktonovascotia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by expatasia
I've been using it for about 6 months without any problems
Old Mar 31st 2010, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ray1968
How'd you manage that ?
The result of about 2 months of thinking, head scratching, researching, scripting and company hours
plus the going up and down the stairs to test on the PS3 every 5 mins

http://www.youtube.com/user/AmigoDeSamba?feature=mhw4

Last edited by SambaDeAmigo; Mar 31st 2010 at 5:23 am.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Luckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud of

Hi there:
a guy came on here last May ( name of Telly) asking for people to help out in testing a new program he'd been working on that gave access to all the live BBC/ITV and players etc. I don't think he had a lot of luck from all the skeptical folks here but I did get in touch and have been using it since. I've given him feedback ongoing in order to develop it and it hasn't cost me a penny.

He's a busy chap but has now got a web site up and running but needs a pile of people to join in and test it properly. If anyone is interested then go to his site and contact him. There is NO charge for this, he just needs folks to test it thoroughly and, like I said, I've been on for almost a year now and it's worked pretty good. His site is www.tellybritain.com

Ignore the fact it suggests there's a charge, just contact him from the site and mention me or this site and you'll be watching UK TV in no time at all. He just wants to spread the word and give the system a proper shakedown. It's simplicity itself so why not give it a try?
Old Apr 1st 2010, 12:34 am
Just Joined

Daz IQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: How to Access UK TV

OK I'm gonna let the cat out of the bag on this...(been enjoying this and kept this one to myself for a while)...there is a free software player called TVU player (please Google it to find) someone in the UK uploads live casts of UK TV...I think they're in northern Ireland...but they post ITV 1/2/3..BBC1...C4....it can be a little hit and miss..but its something..... plus it has most American and international stations (eg..China... Italy..south American and some sport cable channels)...check it out...worth a look
Old Apr 1st 2010, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by Daz IQ
OK I'm gonna let the cat out of the bag on this...(been enjoying this and kept this one to myself for a while)...there is a free software player called TVU player (please Google it to find) someone in the UK uploads live casts of UK TV...I think they're in northern Ireland...but they post ITV 1/2/3..BBC1...C4....it can be a little hit and miss..but its something..... plus it has most American and international stations (eg..China... Italy..south American and some sport cable channels)...check it out...worth a look
I've found it unreliable and frustrating to use (never had luck with the main UK terrestrial tv channels) but when there is live sport on somewhere in the world it's good for that, watched England's footie internationals on there in the past. Cricket too.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 12:58 am
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

We've had the most success with torrents from UKNOVA and EZTV.
I dont really "get" why people want to watch "live" TV from the UK- especially not out here in the West. The time difference makes it completely impractical IMO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.