British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   House selling dancers required! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/house-selling-dancers-required-515698/)

purple80 Feb 19th 2008 11:02 pm

House selling dancers required!

Hi all,
Well house selling board went up today! Arrived home from night shift to find that our house is up for sale. :ohmy:

Bit of a shock really as we haven't signed the contract with the Estate Agent. OH is still haggling over the price....

Only down side was that whilst I was admiring our for sale board one went up over the road. :eek: £10k cheaper......Panic, run to the computer check details......

Phew, no laundry room or en suite, half the garden we have and they are over looked.

Hope it sells.....
:wub:Charlie:wub:

Happy_Feet Feb 19th 2008 11:31 pm

Re: House selling dancers required!

Don't know about some house selling dancers, but here's some karma towards selling the house!

Good luck with it and hopefully another step towards a new life :)

Poppy2 Feb 20th 2008 12:55 am

Good luck!!!!

I would offer myself as a house selling dancer, but my feet are busily doing some dancing for Destinationnovascotia, but as soon as I am done there, I will be straight round!

Hope it sells really quickly and for more than you hoped for!!!

purple80 Feb 20th 2008 9:14 am

Originally Posted by Happy_Feet (Post 5956752)
Don't know about some house selling dancers, but here's some karma towards selling the house!

Good luck with it and hopefully another step towards a new life :)

Thank You :wub:

Originally Posted by Poppy2 (Post 5956923)
Good luck!!!!

I would offer myself as a house selling dancer, but my feet are busily doing some dancing for Destinationnovascotia, but as soon as I am done there, I will be straight round!

Hope it sells really quickly and for more than you hoped for!!!

So do I, will await your visit. :thumbsup:

Charlie

mclauchlan35 Feb 20th 2008 11:23 am

Good Luck, hope you get a good offer and a quick sale:thumbup:

Tracie107 Feb 20th 2008 4:34 pm

Cannot believe our luck - we sold our house in the first week, one and only viewing. He came back everyday for 4 days, put an offer £30k less than the asking price:eek: .......he wanted us to leave all our new kitchen appliances 5 huge chandeliers and had the cheek to say that if we accept his offer he will be able to put up electric gates and a conservatory:eek: My husband told him where to go:curse:. Anyway he came back again the following day offered us £10k less than the asking price.

We jumped at the chance as he wasn't in a chain furthermore he now wants to press ahead with an exchange to complete asap. We thought we would have to drag it out until we got our work permit. Anyway work permit arrived today :D.

Hope everything goes smoothly for you - Good Luck:thumbsup:

mandymoochops Feb 20th 2008 5:11 pm

Best of luck Charlie!

As a footnote we are now changing our goals - dropped the price of ours by another 10k this weekend :( and will give it 3 months. If it doesn`t sell then its coming off the market and a friend will rent it from us, not for the whole amount of mortgage payment although its worth it but at least it will be looked after and will free us up about $1000 a month to spend on having fun.

We've decided that we will possibly stay renting in Drum (got a great deal on our current house) and just buy somewhere in BC as the weekend / holiday place which we can afford to do with a small mortgage anyway.

Funny how your goals change once you're here - that big house with lots of land doesn't seem as important as living the life we came for. :thumbsup:

Lorna_D Feb 20th 2008 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 5956675)
Hi all,
Well house selling board went up today! Arrived home from night shift to find that our house is up for sale. :ohmy:

Bit of a shock really as we haven't signed the contract with the Estate Agent. OH is still haggling over the price....

Only down side was that whilst I was admiring our for sale board one went up over the road. :eek: £10k cheaper......Panic, run to the computer check details......

Phew, no laundry room or en suite, half the garden we have and they are over looked.

Hope it sells.....

Good luck, you shouldn't have any problems selling that lovely house. My feet are moving for you.:thumbsup:

Originally Posted by Tracie107 (Post 5959811)
Cannot believe our luck - we sold our house in the first week, one and only viewing. He came back everyday for 4 days, put an offer £30k less than the asking price:eek: .......he wanted us to leave all our new kitchen appliances 5 huge chandeliers and had the cheek to say that if we accept his offer he will be able to put up electric gates and a conservatory:eek: My husband told him where to go:curse:. Anyway he came back again the following day offered us £10k less than the asking price.

We jumped at the chance as he wasn't in a chain furthermore he now wants to press ahead with an exchange to complete asap. We thought we would have to drag it out until we got our work permit. Anyway work permit arrived today :D.

Hope everything goes smoothly for you - Good Luck:thumbsup:

Congratulations you must be on cloud nine

terese677 Feb 20th 2008 5:54 pm

Hi all,

Hope it sells.....

good luck Charlie
Terese
P.S. has anyone gone multi agency and has it helped we're fed up

chicagojlo Feb 20th 2008 6:03 pm

We haggled with our agent on selling price. In the end we got what she said we would from the start and it took about 3 months longer.

bandit Feb 20th 2008 6:15 pm

Hi all,

Hope it sells.....

Good Luck to you!!!!

I'm going to be putting mine on the market in the next few weeks so I'll be dancing for you if you dance for me!!!!!

I'm sure it will sell, and fingers crossed it goes for what you want / need!

Bandit!

maddhobs Feb 20th 2008 9:23 pm

Those dancers are dancing! Good luck and best wishes:thumbsup:

AlvicBC Feb 21st 2008 3:18 am

The dancers from Saskatchewan are leaving in the morning - as soon as it warms up:eek:

Good luck Charlie, I hope you get shot of it real soon.

purple80 Feb 21st 2008 7:42 am

Thanks everyone :wub:

The support really does help. This is goint to be the stressful part, just need the house to sell.... For the right money. :p

We plan to rent something for the family just prior to children and I arriving. (Chris will have to sort that one!). We will then look for something to buy. If we have not sold in the UK, we would have to stay in rented longer, as we would have to pay the UK mortgage plus rental in Canada.

If we sell prior to our leaving date, which for the children and I is 4th August we will move in with my outlaws. :eek:

That will be the biggest stresser ever, hey ho, means to an end and all that!

Right got to get back to that dancing. :rofl:

Charlie

D15NEY Feb 21st 2008 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 5962843)
Thanks everyone :wub:

The support really does help. This is goint to be the stressful part, just need the house to sell.... For the right money. :p

We plan to rent something for the family just prior to children and I arriving. (Chris will have to sort that one!). We will then look for something to buy. If we have not sold in the UK, we would have to stay in rented longer, as we would have to pay the UK mortgage plus rental in Canada.

If we sell prior to our leaving date, which for the children and I is 4th August we will move in with my outlaws. :eek:

That will be the biggest stresser ever, hey ho, means to an end and all that!

Right got to get back to that dancing. :rofl:

Charlie

Good Luck!

Moving in with the out-laws............eek :eek:

We need some 'house-selling' dancing urgently because we have been on the market for 8 mths and Chris is heading over to start his new job next Thursday without us :(.

It sucks! :unsure: