Reload this Page >

House Sale Issues - Advice Needed

House Sale Issues - Advice Needed

Old Oct 13th 2010, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

The Normans is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: House Sale Issues - Advice Needed

Good advice.
My husband's car is up for sale too at the moment we have someone coming to see it on Saturday so fingers crossed if you get no joy selling it on ebay try pistonheads we posted ours there about 4 days ago and the guy that called last night seems really keen and is offering exactly what we were looking for fingers crossed by this weekend we will both have got shot of ours cars
We too have absolutely no intention of coming back so the idea had always been to get rid of everything and start a fresh, I was just hoping with a little bit more money in my pocket than I will have now but hey ho. I think we just chalk it up to experience and move on.
Old Oct 13th 2010, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

D Buck is an unknown quantity at this point

I put my car on pistonheads and had a few emails and phone calls but nothing firm so its now on ebay and I've had 4 times the amount of intrest so hopefully it goes on there.

The extra money would be nice but I hope to make it back when I start working in calgary.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

workhouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Try listing your auto's in the classified section of this forum. I've been looking for something and only ever see overseas based cars up for sale.

When I last lived in the UK, Autotrader was the place to go. No more?

Last edited by workhouse; Oct 14th 2010 at 1:14 am.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

crusheduk has much to be proud ofcrusheduk has much to be proud ofcrusheduk has much to be proud ofcrusheduk has much to be proud ofcrusheduk has much to be proud ofcrusheduk has much to be proud ofcrusheduk has much to be proud ofcrusheduk has much to be proud ofcrusheduk has much to be proud ofcrusheduk has much to be proud ofcrusheduk has much to be proud of

yeah the market sucks a** big time for sellers. We have been told to drop our price by 8% to get a sale..the same ***** estate agents that told us to bid 100% when we bought 7 years ago....What a bunch of f** crooks.

The bank B*clays that tried to ram a £250K mortge down my neck 7 years ago, despite me only asking for £125K are now offering me just £110K and I must place down a 40% deposit at a nice 3.95% interest.... UNBELIEVABLE!!!

These crooks drove the market up and are now slashing it down...I'll be lucky to sell at my buy price 7 years ago depsite re-furbishing.

But houses are simply not selling in the UK....Estate agents must be going without food these days.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 5:33 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Normans
sorry workhouse our home is in Scotland so the opposite end of the country to what you require.
Mandymoochops our hope was that if it wouldn't make that much of a difference to our chances of getting a mortgage and tax implications that our inlaws would be able to live out the rest of their days in our house and then after their deaths the house would be sold therefore giving them a home and also something to be able to leave their 4 children after they are gone. I'm going to contact a financial adviser in Ontario today to get their opinion on what kind of situation that would leave us in. I think perhaps I was just hoping that it would be a good solution for all of us my inlaws and my husband and I but unfortunately life isn't always that simple.
I might be misunderstanding something here, but it sounds like you want to give the house to your inlaws so they can live in it, and then have something to leave to their kids? If this is correct then go see a lawyer now and get it all sorted before your leave the UK. Then there will be no implications for your mortgage or tax in Canada.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 5:49 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by D Buck
I put my car on pistonheads and had a few emails and phone calls but nothing firm so its now on ebay and I've had 4 times the amount of intrest so hopefully it goes on there.

The extra money would be nice but I hope to make it back when I start working in calgary.
My husband always used to advertise his cars in the free ads - Loot and suchlike - if they're still going of course.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 10:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by crusheduk
yeah the market sucks a** big time for sellers. We have been told to drop our price by 8% to get a sale..the same ***** estate agents that told us to bid 100% when we bought 7 years ago....What a bunch of f** crooks.

The bank B*clays that tried to ram a £250K mortge down my neck 7 years ago, despite me only asking for £125K are now offering me just £110K and I must place down a 40% deposit at a nice 3.95% interest.... UNBELIEVABLE!!!

These crooks drove the market up and are now slashing it down...I'll be lucky to sell at my buy price 7 years ago depsite re-furbishing.

But houses are simply not selling in the UK....Estate agents must be going without food these days.
It's so infuriating but of course none of them would ever have these problems especially not when bonus time rolls around!!:curse:
Old Oct 14th 2010, 10:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JonboyE
I might be misunderstanding something here, but it sounds like you want to give the house to your inlaws so they can live in it, and then have something to leave to their kids? If this is correct then go see a lawyer now and get it all sorted before your leave the UK. Then there will be no implications for your mortgage or tax in Canada.
That's basically the idea but there would still be an outstanding mortgage on it which would be transferred into joint names between myself and my mother in law. The consensus tonight has been for us to go over in late Nov to Burlington carry out the landing process and meet with a financial advisor so that we can talk it through face to face with someone. Then come home for a spell to tie up the loose ends. To be honest it's all got so messy I'm actually thinking that selling the house for a loss and chalking it up to experience is the cleanest option!
Old Oct 15th 2010, 6:22 am
Just Joined

Melscorp is an unknown quantity at this point

I am glad I saw this post.

We too put our flat up for sale a month ago and are now toying with the idea of renting as my husband is due to join us early next month. My husband is suggesting the council, but I am a bit skeptiacal as I don't want to be tied up for three years. Then after reading what you all are saying about the market being tied up for two years maybe it is not such a bad idea!!!

Decisions!! Decisions!!

Kind regards,

Mel x
Old Oct 17th 2010, 2:08 am
Just Joined

It's really difficult to know what the right thing to do is. We have now decided to take a leap of faith and try putting the house on the market and hope for the best. Renting will be our back up plan if it all goes wrong but I must admit it's not my preferred solution.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

chobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nice

We've also just put our 3-bed house on the market (West London, about 5 miles from Heathrow but nowhere near the flight path!), estate agent (typically ) reckons we'll have no problem selling it even though the market is pretty slow at the moment. Intend to see what happens but if we don't get what we want, we'll try again nearer the spring. My PR Visa expires in May so we have to have landed by then - really want to get moved asap in the New Year - everything just feels so in limbo at the moment ... fingers crossed for plenty of viewings in the next 5-6 weeks before the xmas wind-down and good luck to all of those in a similar situation.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 1:00 am
BE Enthusiast

woodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to all

Originally Posted by workhouse
Where in the UK is your house?? We need a south - south west coast rental.

Either way, good luck with it.
thinking about renting out in exmouth if your interested. I have an offer at the moment but it can change.