Wikiposts

house design

Old Dec 27th 2005, 1:42 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: house design

Originally Posted by batty-x-ray
are we overregulated?
You think? Wonder what the cost of all that nannying is.

Really, two doors between the kitchen and bathroom in a country where it seems most men dont wash there hands after peeing. Frankly, whats the point!
Old Dec 27th 2005, 3:14 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Really, two doors between the kitchen and bathroom in a country where it seems most men dont wash there hands after peeing.
I believe that particular regulation was changed back to one door, a while back ?

I may be wrong, not my speciality, building and stuff.

>>>avoid the Bombay mix bowl atop a bar.

Rich.
Old Dec 27th 2005, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

Wild George will become famous soon enoughWild George will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=Rich_007]Batty,

Having lived in both (numerous types/ages of UK homes) I think that Canadian homes are built more in a practical and functional manner. By this I mean stuff can be ripped out or updated easier, additions can be bolted on simply, stuff if accessible, walls can be ripped out or added etc.

Rather like those crazy "Smart Cars" buzzing around.
Old Dec 28th 2005, 5:08 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hangman
No offence intended, but what does this second door gain you?
]not quite sure, we took ours off but will have to put it back on again to sell. (sometimes the second door might contain the aroma better )

Most of the "old and less nimble" don't go on the tours prior to completion, I guess.
no!! i didnt mean the tour i meant in everyday life, all those arthritic hips and knees creaking away

What can I say it all works
. thats all a person needs to know really

I don't believe we have any higher deaths due to house fires, much to the surprise of a lot of expat Brits. It's not as if you hear of numerous house fires on the news every day, so we must be doing something right
I looked up some stats today but have left the piece of paper at work, so they may not be exactly right. for dwelling fires in 2001 both the UK and Canada had about 60,000 fires, so as canada has half the population of the UK then the rate per million peeps is double, the rate of deaths per million due to house fires was greater in canada, 12 against 7 for UK but, if you worked out the number of deaths per fire then the number was a bit less. Dont kknow why or what that means for statistics, maybe there are more people per household here? As you say whatever it is it works. I also read that the majority of deaths occur on the same floor or above the fire and fewer than 2% were in the basement.

Perhaps you are over-regulated in the U.K.
it seems the usual response here to any incident is to pass a law banning something and for companies to comply it does all cost £££

PS - please please dont imply any inherent criticism in my reply.
none taken,

Last edited by daft batty; Dec 28th 2005 at 6:44 am.
Old Dec 28th 2005, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich_007
I believe that particular regulation was changed back to one door, a while back ?

I may be wrong, not my speciality, building and stuff.

>>>avoid the Bombay mix bowl atop a bar.

Rich.
and never shake the hand of a man just returning to the bar