Reload this Page >

Hotels in Edmonton

Hotels in Edmonton

Old Oct 22nd 2008, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

LisaandSteve is on a distinguished road
Default Hotels in Edmonton

Hey all

Can anyone recommend nice hotels in the centre of Edmonton for a reasonable price? or guest houses that people have stayed in?

Many thanks
Lisa x
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 2:43 pm
The Green Engine

SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Hotels in Edmonton

Do not stay in the Econolodge, it was truly awful.

Pubes and piss on the toilet seat, stained sheets, dirty carpets, broken shower a hateful place! If it wasn't for my friends being such good hosts in Edmonton I would have got back on the plane and come straight home.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 2:48 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LisaandSteve View Post
Hey all

Can anyone recommend nice hotels in the centre of Edmonton for a reasonable price? or guest houses that people have stayed in?

Many thanks
Lisa x
I'll let you in on a secret, a great site I use everytime before I go anywhere.

Here's the link its like BE but for hotels http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g1...ta-Hotels.html

Hope this helps

Cassie
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

So when you coming over???

Sorry haven't tried any of the hotels.

Linda
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

dannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to all

I cannot express the importance of this...

DO NOT stay at the Grand Hotel in Edmonton, despite how nice the website makes it sound I have never seen a dodgier, more disgusting place ever in my life. It is surrounded by drugs, smackheads, scumbags and drunks..and is in one of the worst areas in downtown Edmonton (next to the greyhound station).

Im saying this because a couple of friends of mine came close to staying there after seeign the website
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 4:39 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Hey all

Many thanks
Lisa x
Don't stay at the applecrate cottage - truly awful . Clare
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 4:46 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

If you want right downtown try Edmonton House.

Apartment style hotel so you get living room, Kitchen, Bedroom and Bathroom.

Not cheap but also not overly expensive.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 6:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Avoid the Days Inn downtown, its not good.

The Days Inn on the west end is good though.

If you have a car the west end might get you a better rate, there are a few nice hotels down that way, and only a 20 minute drive to downtown.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 10:10 pm
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all

OMG

Is there any good ones?lol
Old Oct 24th 2008, 3:57 am
Just Joined

lufc87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Greenwood Inn,I cant recommend it enough.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

beeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nice

sandman with a Dennys attached
Old Oct 25th 2008, 10:17 pm
agr
Occidentally Damaged

agr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to behold

The Marriott Courtyard near the Shaw Conference Centre was not bad for our last visit. On a previous trip the Delta on Gateway Blvd was pretty shabby (and not downtown of course). I think Edmonton's hotel stock reflects a frontier town character - you'd have to pay a fortune for anything that would impress. If you're used to hotels in, say, US cities, then you need to diminish your expectations!
Old Oct 26th 2008, 12:08 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJM View Post
OMG

Is there any good ones?lol
crown plaza, only one i would recommend, been in a few through work, this one with the la ronde at the top is the best, though pricey.

http://www.chateaulacombe.com/
Old Oct 26th 2008, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

LisaandSteve is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone who is commenting please keep them coming! Fingers crossed we will find one eventually!

Lisa x
Old Dec 15th 2008, 6:17 pm
agr
Occidentally Damaged

agr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to behold

Thanks everyone who is commenting please keep them coming! Fingers crossed we will find one eventually!

Lisa x
Spent most of November at the Ramada Edmonton South. Rooms were fine, but it was a bit noisy because of the attached indoor water park - seems to be a weekend destination for families with young kids. I was expecting worse because the price was low (about $110/nt) but it was quite acceptable. Within walking distance are Moxies, Applebees, Tony Romas, Moose Factory, some enormous pizza place, several Chinese and a good Vietnamese. If you've just landed then having the HSBC bank right over the road is convenient too!

Anyone got good experience of a suite hotel where the rooms have cooking facilities?

Last edited by agr; Dec 15th 2008 at 6:20 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.