Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hotel in Edmonton

Wikiposts

Hotel in Edmonton

Old Apr 16th 2013, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

JBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to all
Default Hotel in Edmonton

Hi All

I'll be making a trip to Edmonton next month, arrive at the Via Rail Station at around midnight and will need to get to the airport the next morning. I can see that these two places are on totally opposite ends of Edmonton.

Any suggestions on a hotel to spend the night?

Thanks
Wayne
Old Apr 17th 2013, 12:37 am
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hotel in Edmonton

Just get a cab and stay at one of the hotels at the airport..saves arsing around in the morning
Old Apr 17th 2013, 12:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
Just get a cab and stay at one of the hotels at the airport..saves arsing around in the morning
Just wit till he finds out the price of a cab from downtown Edmonton to the airport
Try and find an airport shuttle bus as they are a lot cheaper.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 2:44 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Just wit till he finds out the price of a cab from downtown Edmonton to the airport
Will I be shocked at the cost of a cab from South Central Edmonton to the Via Rail station

Relating to the OP, from the questions I've asked it'll be better for you to stay in Leduc near the airport. There is a shuttle from downtown I believe (I'm doing it from the Airport to south central Edmonton) http://edmontonskyshuttle.com/ is the one my hostel recommends, there may be others though

Last edited by ChrisBan; Apr 17th 2013 at 2:48 am.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

JBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to all

Hahaha ... yeah I did research the cab cost

Hotel near the Via Rail station and then skyshuttle ($18 one way) in the morning.
Or Cab all the way to near the airport then free shuttle in the morning?

Thanks everyone! Any suggestions on specific hotels?
Old Apr 17th 2013, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

The Via Rail Station's off the Yellowhead, right?

What's your budget on hotels? I don't think there's much close by, downtown would be the best bets.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Japonica

The Via Rail Station's off the Yellowhead, right?

What's your budget on hotels? I don't think there's much close by, downtown would be the best bets.
I'll only be at the hotel for about 9 hours, seems a waste.
Budget wise ... up to $150 max
Old Apr 18th 2013, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Chris Ban then, you should be able to find something around the airport that fits your budget and has the shuttle. If not, south Edmonton has a couple of options, if I recall.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

Nikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud of

The Via rail station in Edmonton is next to the city airport. Next to the city airport are two good hotels.

You will also be able to pick up a shuttle that runs between the hotels/city airport to the main airport in leduc

www.chateaunovahoteledmonton.ca/

www.ramada.com
Old Apr 18th 2013, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nikki Ian
The Via rail station in Edmonton is next to the city airport. Next to the city airport are two good hotels.

You will also be able to pick up a shuttle that runs between the hotels/city airport to the main airport in leduc

www.chateaunovahoteledmonton.ca/

www.ramada.com
Awesome

Thanks Nikki